Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

I'm not sure if this goes here or in the Games section but anyway.

It has been announced a blu-ray release of Macross Do You Remember Love in July with the DYRL Hybrid Pack. This Hybrid Pack will come with a game titled "My Boyfriend is a Pilot 2012", the release date will be July 26 for 7140yen.

There will also be a 30th Anniversary Box release for Macross DYRL. For 13,800yen you get:

- Bonus features disc with over 90mins of content

- Booklet

- Mini theatrical pamphlet

- Mini poster collection

- Mini keyframe collection

- Anime song archive

- Film strip collectible

Source.

Edited by Dash

I don't know if this has been reported before, but here it goes. Kadokawa Comics A is publishing a new Macross Plus manga (in the same vein of Macross: The First) called Macross Plus: Tac Name. It takes on the love triangle of the OVA from a different perspective, including Myung's, Guld's and Isamu's friendship before the events of the anime, as well as a retelling of Macross Plus. The art is by Naoki Moriya. Price is ¥609. Is available since February the 10th...

post-7862-0-88231700-1332309557.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I'm not sure if this goes here or in the Games section but anyway.

It has been announced a blu-ray release of Macross Do You Remember Love in July with the DYRL Hybrid Pack. This Hybrid Pack will come with a game titled "My Boyfriend is a Pilot 2012", the release date will be July 26 for 7140yen.

There will also be a 30th Anniversary Box release for Macross DYRL. For 13,800yen you get:

- Bonus features disc with over 90mins of content

- Booklet

- Mini theatrical pamphlet

- Mini poster collection

- Mini keyframe collection

- Anime song archive

- Film strip collectible

Source.

Damn, I was all excited about posting this first, but you beat me to it!

Damn, I was all excited about posting this first, but you beat me to it!

It's okay, I beat you both over in the "SDF on Bluray" thread. And if I'd had actual Famitsu scans, it would've gotten a dedicated thread, since it seems thread-worthy but I don't fully trust random posts on gaming forums.

Dengeki Hobby 2012.05

Macross Content:

DX Chougoukin VF-171 - planned release in June; ¥14,700, tax included.

Yamato super rare coloured VF-1: 1/60 VF-1A Cavaliers. Apparently they were seen in SDFM Eps. 05. In one scene. planned May release; ¥10,290, tax included.

News (1 pg total):

Yamato 1/60 Destroid Phalanx unpainted hybrid kit (tentative). No price or release details.

Yamato 1/60 VF-4G: 3D CG of the torso in battroid; illustrating the joints and how things fold up. Looks rather complicated.

Macross F Warehouse 9 card set

Macross SDFM BD release.

Macross 30th Anniversary events

No Macross the Ride content. Bummer. :(

I picked this up today and its absolutely gorgeous. Worth every bit of the 6000yen. Apparently its 'limited' to 50,000 copies, but thats a large enough amount that I daresay they will be available for a while yet. The main problem is that this, like the creators file official doujin before it, will mostly be available only at the Satellite booth at events. Online it will probably only turn up via auctions. Speaking of which, I saw at least one Macross fan complaining on twitter that Satellite announced the books availability way too late for him to get the weekend off and that he had already seen people selling it on online auctions. I think he is overreacting a bit, but given the popularity of Frontier I suppose it might sell out faster than anticipated.

post-9325-0-32579800-1332689917_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-97988200-1332689922_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-54509600-1332689928_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-74677700-1332689933_thumb.jpg

Is this book mainly cell art and character art, like nearly all the Satellite books?

I fully expect and anouncement by Kawamori that he's releasing yet another Macross art book. His valkyrie designs have been conspicuously absent from most of the MF artbooks. The CG art is there, but virtually no line art from Kawamori...

Is this book mainly cell art and character art, like nearly all the Satellite books?

I fully expect and anouncement by Kawamori that he's releasing yet another Macross art book. His valkyrie designs have been conspicuously absent from most of the MF artbooks. The CG art is there, but virtually no line art from Kawamori...

It's 100% cell art.

As for the ball sketches, funny coincidence- I was thinking just the other day that Frontier ha yet to get its equivalent of a Perfect Memory. Then again, in this era of publications like Macross Chronicles, do we even need one anymore?

Worthy of posting here I think. She will be in the US and probably more than a few of her iconic Macross Frontier songs will be performed.

May'n USA@Mayn_US

#mayn fans -- looking for a BIG USA ANNOUNCEMENT? Watch@Mayn_USA . . . tell your friends to get ready to ROCK THEIR TWEETS! #RYT #macrossf

Just a few hours ago, US show is comming soon.

Edited by ATLMYK

Haruhiko Mikimoto's first new artwork book in 9 years has been announced and comes out in just a few days time:

http://www.amazon.co...m=AN1VRQENFRJN5

No Macross art but, if his exhibit back in Feb was anything to go by, there should be some gorgeous pieces included. Also, fingers crossed that now that this is done the potential Macross illustration collection tht he mentioned was being discussed will become a reality sooner rather than later.

There will also be a signing event for the book on May 20th.

post-9325-0-74990900-1334828260.jpg

Edited by Tochiro

• 2 weeks later...

Ever wanted Sheryl in your pants? Well, now you can thanks to three varieties of Macross F Underwaer that were just announced and can be yours for only 2,940 each!

1.Boxer pants「Sheryl Nome Devil Denim ver.」

2.Boxer pants「Sheryl Nome Sweets-holic ver.」

3.Boxer pants「Ranka Lee oosanshouuo-san ver.」

@ Tochiro: eww!

Dengeki Hobby 2012.06:

1/60 Yamato VF-1D (w/ accessories): ¥7,140. Available May.

1/2000 Yamato VF-1S: ¥800. Available May.

1/60 Yamato VF-4G: image posted previously. Release and cost undetermined.

1/72 Wave SDR-04-Mk XII Destroid Phalanx: pictures of completed kit, decals and sprues (parts for upper torso, searchlight and missile pods). Rlease and cost undetermined.

30th Anniversary events listings (see elsewhere in MW for (more) up to date info)

DYRL BD release info

1/48 Hasegawa VF-1A Angel Birds: ¥4,200. Available June.

1/48 Hasegawa VF-19A SVF-569 Lightnings w/ High-manoeuvrability missiles (4): ¥3,360. Available July.

Dengeki Data Collection "Super Dimensional Fortress Macross": ¥997. Available April 25. Contains content from SDFM, DYRL & FB2012. Looks like something worthwhile to pick up. Looks like it's 60/40 art/text.

publisher's page: http://asciimw.jp/search/mode/item/cd/201202000030

amazon: http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_ja_JP=%83J%83%5E%83J%83i&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=%93d%8C%82%83f%81%5B%83%5E%83R%83%8C%83N%83V%83%87%83%93%92%B4%8E%9E%8B%F3%97v%8D%C7%83%7D%83N%83%8D%83X&x=0&y=0

Macross the Ride:

contest winners announced.

Dengeki Data Collection "Super Dimensional Fortress Macross": ¥997. Available April 25. Contains content from SDFM, DYRL & FB2012. Looks like something worthwhile to pick up. Looks like it's 60/40 art/text.

publisher's page: http://asciimw.jp/se...cd/201202000030

amazon: http://www.amazon.co...%8D%83X&x=0&y=0

Thanks for the heads up on this! Most of the information is reprinted but its in a neat easy to carry size and has cover art by Tenjin :-)

post-9325-0-74360500-1335753366_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-21669900-1335753383_thumb.jpg

「マクロス7」放送から18年

「マクロスダイナマイト7」リリースから15年

2012年、「マクロス30周年」企画の次なるプロジェクト

「マクロス7プロジェクト」がついに始動!

第1弾「マクロス7」のBlu-ray化決定!

第2弾FIRE BOMBER ライブ決定!

第3弾オズマ meets FIRE BOMBER「マクロスFB7(仮)」

Edited by MacrossCN

• 2 weeks later...

The Macross fanclub has announced that it will be releasing a smartphone headphone jack accessory soon (details tdb). The design is based off the orange version of ranka's phone as it appears in the Niji-iro Kuma kuma key visual art from the Wings of Farewell.

post-9325-0-06352700-1337226015_thumb.jpg

Hardly news, but Mari is talking about Minmay on FB this evening:

"Every time I speak my mind about Macross or Minmay, people take it negatively. Like I don't like it / like her or I haven't accepted it as a part of my life. Maybe you guys have NEVER been typecast as one thing for years and years in life?

We all need to move on in life. I do daily. More than anyone! But at the same time, my life is like the film The Groundhog's Day for the last 30 years. I moved to the States I thought it would ease my frustration but guess what, it didn't. Surprise, surprise. lol If you hear the same thing again and again, over and over for 30 years every day, even YOU can get tired of it.

Is there anyone who is willing to put yourself into my shoes? I guess not . . . instead, people just start criticizing me like I'm bad mouthing your favorite anime. I simply get tired of hearing about it from time to time. I can hold for a while. But today . . . after I talked about how inspired I am musically and shared my insight with you, I couldn't bare hearing about it again. Even if I was talking about let's say . . . my poop or boobs, you guys start talking about Macross right away. How crazy is that. I'm completely being honest here.

I didn't build my career based on Macross. I'm ALL ABOUT MUSIC. Take it or leave it. If you hate me because of my honesty, what can I say. I guess we are not on the same wave length.

I gotta get back to my life. My sons are graduating from college tomorrow. I'm a mom also. I raised them as a divorced single mother since 1996 and I'm darn proud of it. And!!! I'm in the middle of making my 22nd original full album. Thanks guys."

From Mari Ijima's Facebook account:

"Every time I speak my mind about Macross or Minmay, people take it negatively. Like I don't like it / like her or I haven't accepted it as a part of my life. Maybe you guys have NEVER been typecast as one thing for years and years in life?

We all need to move on in life. I do daily. More than anyone! But at the same time, my life is like the film The Groundhog's Day for the last 30 years. I move...d to the States I thought it would ease my frustration but guess what, it didn't. Surprise, surprise. lol If you hear the same thing again and again, over and over for 30 years every day, even YOU can get tired of it.

Is there anyone who is willing to put yourself into my shoes? I guess not . . . instead, people just start criticizing me like I'm bad mouthing your favorite anime. I simply get tired of hearing about it from time to time. I can hold for a while. But today . . . after I talked about how inspired I am musically and shared my insight with you, I couldn't bare hearing about it again. Even if I was talking about let's say . . . my poop or boobs, you guys start talking about Macross right away. How crazy is that. I'm completely being honest here.

I didn't build my career based on Macross. I'm ALL ABOUT MUSIC. Take it or leave it. If you hate me because of my honesty, what can I say. I guess we are not on the same wave length.

I gotta get back to my life. My sons are graduating from college tomorrow. I'm a mom also. I raised them as a divorced single mother since 1996 and I'm darn proud of it. And!!! I'm in the middle of making my 22nd original full album. Thanks guys...".

Is funny, you know? I always thought she felt that way about being typecast... is not a nice thing to have people believe you are somebody totally different from your true self. She is NOT Minmay!!!

I wonder if Kawamori feels the same sometimes?

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Dengeki Hobby July 2012 out.

Macross content roundup:

2 pg MtR Konkuuruderegannsu contest winners.

Some of the designs are really sweet. I'm drooling at the modeling abilities of the entrant who converted a VF-19A to a VF-19F.

Macross the Forefront:

Pg 1: Macross: The Design @ Parco, 1:1 scale VF-25 exhibit, SDFM/DYRL BD releases, etc..

Pg 2: Yamato VF-4. See attached scan and all the battroid mode goodness.

Pg 3: DX Chougoukin VF-171EX. Awesome. + some blurb about the VF-25G renewal version planned for fall. More news on that next issue.

post-3910-0-61914500-1337960536_thumb.jpg

Dengeki Hobby July 2012 out.

Macross content roundup:

2 pg MtR Konkuuruderegannsu contest winners.

Some of the designs are really sweet. I'm drooling at the modeling abilities of the entrant who converted a VF-19A to a VF-19F.

Macross the Forefront:

Pg 1: Macross: The Design @ Parco, 1:1 scale VF-25 exhibit, SDFM/DYRL BD releases, etc..

Pg 2: Yamato VF-4. See attached scan and all the battroid mode goodness.

Pg 3: DX Chougoukin VF-171EX. Awesome. + some blurb about the VF-25G renewal version planned for fall. More news on that next issue.

Thank´s for the scan, do you have the VF-171 page scan?

• 2 weeks later...

For residents in Tokyo.

All-night screenings in Shinjuku are held. From 11PM to 5AM.

DYRL

Itsuwari

Sayonara

At Shinjuku Wald 9 on July 6, 7 and 13.

5.1ch. Again, 5.1ch surround on DYRL.

Macross 30th Anniversary special program is aired. From SDF to DYRL.

July 8, 20:00~21:00.

On TOKYO MX TV.

Source: http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201206050047