Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

MACROSS FRONTIER DOWNLOAD PACK FOR PSP VERSION OF MAPLUS 3

Announced a few minutes ago, Maplus, a navigation package for the PSP (uses seperately sold transmitter peripheral)will be offering a SHERRYL PACK and RANKA PACK as downloadable content.

What this means, basically, is that either Sherryl or Ranka can be selected to provide the vocal prompts as you are driving/walking, and your car on the map will be a VF-25 (which can be transformed).

What a... bizarre little promotion ^^;

The website is not up yet but will eventually be accessible here:

http://maplus-navi.jp/maplus3/macrossf

A similar promotion was done for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex:

http://maplus-navi.jp/maplus3/koukakukidoutaiSAC

Sankyo has announced a Pachislot version of the Macross Pachinko game.

For those who are not familiar with these games, pachinko uses small metal balls, while pachislot is a 3 reel slot machine (there are some exceptions like the Resident Evil pachislot game which had 4 reels, but as a general rule, 3 reels is the standard)slot game where players hit a button to stop each of the 3 reels.

Gone are the joystick, air vents and transformable Valkyrie. Added instead are mechanical doors which open to reveal either a monitor or a valkyrie head. New features include 'Valkyrie Time', 'Kyun Kyun Mode' and 'Super Dimensional Mode.' A movie introducing the new game can be found here:

Pachislot Macross

I'm surprised that this is coming out since the Pachinko game was such an unmitigated disaster for Sankyo due to bad game math. I suppose they want to get the most out of the license while they can. Too bad they arent sponsoring any concerts this time though.

BTW, the Maplus link above is now working and further information is included in the latest Macross Ace.

For those who are not familiar with these games, pachinko uses small metal balls, while pachislot is a 3 reel slot machine (there are some exceptions like the Resident Evil pachislot game which had 4 reels, but as a general rule, 3 reels is the standard)slot game where players hit a button to stop each of the 3 reels.

Gone are the joystick, air vents and transformable Valkyrie. Added instead are mechanical doors which open to reveal either a monitor or a valkyrie head. New features include 'Valkyrie Time', 'Kyun Kyun Mode' and 'Super Dimensional Mode.' A movie introducing the new game can be found here:

Pachislot Macross

I'm surprised that this is coming out since the Pachinko game was such an unmitigated disaster for Sankyo due to bad game math. I suppose they want to get the most out of the license while they can. Too bad they arent sponsoring any concerts this time though.

Kawamori has done a couple interviews about the Pachislot machine, which have recently been posted: http://henkei.jp/models/slot/interview.html .

"We're sorry, our current service is not available in your country"?? What a tease...

yeah, getting the same thing that you are here in Europe.

Does HG's grip on the "Macross" name also extend to trailers???

Anyway, let's hope the trailer get's posted somewhere else soon.

Bandai Channel only allows Japanese ISPs to access their site content (videos mainly). It has nothing to do with HG's "deathgrip". Be patient my padawans.

It's the same for a lot of non-Japan based I-net streaming services, too. There's one that a lot of MW keep mentioning, that is inaccessible outside of the USA.

The upcoming Macross F Nyan Nyan Clip Collection will be getting advanced screenings at select cinemas a few weeks before the Bluray comes out on Dec 15. For anyone in the Tokyo area, it will be screening at Ikebukuro Sunshine Cinema on the final Fri & Sat of November, as well as the first Fri & Sat of December. Running time is approx. 40 mins.

http://www.zakzak.co.jp/anime/news/1010/101012-081.html

New Macross Frontier cd out on 11/24:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/m-serve/-/Information2/Z0221.html

Using Google translation:

Type text or a website address or translate a document.

Cancel

Listenundefined

"Cosmic cuune" Cover Art & Publish contents in decisions? !

11.24 IN STORES

Macross F concept album

"Cosmic cuune" music: Kanno Youko

(Kozumikkukyun)

Vocals: Sheryl Nome starring May'n-Ranka Lee Nakashima Megumi and frontier stars

VTCL-60230 \ 2,415 (tax in) 8 songs

Jacket (digipak): Risa Ebata drawn illustrations First Edition: giftbox design

Sheryl and Ranka full song. Join everyone else! !

Ballads and rock ballads and the passion of a new state Sheryl Ranka, full songs.

"Furontiasutazu" Also participating in the Frontier Orijinarukurisumasusongu

Recorded. Also sounded a whole new sound was rearranged interstellar flight.

Become a standard Christmas album this space - probably.

☆ Mune Kyun best Christmas album this winter!

"Super Live Macross Macross F ~ Merry Christmas without You ~" The preparation is also

This thorough! ?

<Songs>

1. Songbird Song: Ranka Lee = Nakashima Megumi (lyrics: 銀色夏生)

2. Not something they silently

Vocals: Sheryl Nome starring May'n / Ranka Lee = Nakashima Megumi (lyrics: Kuraiti Hiroshi)

3. Interstellar Eve (Christmas interstellar flight ver.)

Song: Ranka Lee = Nakashima Megumi / Sheryl Nome starring May'n (Lyrics: Takashi Matsumoto)

4. Ranka's "song of the socks."

Song: Ranka Lee = Nakashima Megumi (Lyrics: Gabriela Robin)

5. Ribe - Maborosi Song: Sheryl Nome starring May'n (lyrics: Sato Yuu 穂 rock)

6. Nanori Fu Song: Sheryl Nome starring May'n (Lyrics: Gabriela Robin)

7. Merry Christmas without You (Lyrics: Akira Yamada Minoru)

Vocals: Sheryl Nome starring May'n / Ranka Lee = Nakashima Megumi /

frontier stars

<Alto, Ranka, Sheryl, Michelle, Clan, Bobby, Monica Lam>

8. Tablets

Sheryl Nome starring May'n / Nakashima Megumi Ranka Lee =

(Lyrics: Gabriela Robin)

Songs composed and arranged by ※: Kanno Youko

© 2007 Bikkuuesuto / Macross F Production Committee, MBS

Pachislot Macross

BTW, the Maplus link above is now working and further information is included in the latest Macross Ace.

I love the new animation they did for the Minmay concerts and the Macross. Nicely polished without moving very far from the original animation style...B))

I so badly want the bottom glass from that pachislot game !!! That lit up relief sculpt of the Valkyrie with lights, OH MAN I'd love to frame it and hang it on my wall... :)

I love the new animation they did for the Minmay concerts and the Macross. Nicely polished without moving very far from the original animation style...cool.gif

I so badly want the bottom glass from that pachislot game !!! That lit up relief sculpt of the Valkyrie with lights, OH MAN I'd love to frame it and hang it on my wall... smile.gif

Everytime I see these pachinko machiens, I weep that we don't have a fully re-aniamted series. The only good reason I can see not doing one, is waiting for Mikimoto to finish Macross The First.

Everytime I see these pachinko machiens, I weep that we don't have a fully re-aniamted series. The only good reason I can see not doing one, is waiting for Mikimoto to finish Macross The First.

I'd wait for that!

I am really enjoying Mikimoto's version of SW1...

I am no anime expert really, so forgive the question, but are there precedents that make the entire re-animation hope more tangible?

I am no anime expert really, so forgive the question, but are there precedents that make the entire re-animation hope more tangible?

Tekkaman The Space Night - Tekkaman Blade

Fullmetal Alchemist - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki - Tenchi Muyo TV, Shin Tenchi, Pretty Sammy

Record of Lodoss War OVA - Record of Lodoss War TV (bleh!)

Bubblegum Crisis / Bubblegum Crisis 2040

Tetsujin 28 (several times)

Mach Go Go Go (several times)

And many many others. So yeah, it's been done, and in this case, would be a highly profitable venture for all involved, especially the fans.

Edited by Keith

• 2 weeks later...