Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

Hmmm...I had to look up "激アツ" ("Geki-atsu") on Google, since my dictionaries didn't have it...

The title is "Super 'Geki-atsu' Production Version," but from what I can tell, "Geki-atsu" refers to winning money (or "not-money, really, since gambling is illegal in Japan *wink wink*). So I believe it's a disc that gives you tips on how to BEAT the game, not anything about the footage IN the game... :unsure:

It also says 「演出集」, though. 演出 literally means "performance", but often refers to cut-scenes, and 集 after stuff like this means "collection", so I believe this is actually a disc full of the new animated scenes.

Thus, this DVD would be a great find if anyone can get a hold of it. It's likely an industry-insider promotion-only thing, though... If they release all this footage to the public too soon then nobody will want to go play the game.

Apparently the next volume of the Variable Fighter Master File will be released in January 29th... and now it's for the VF-19

Search for this in Amazon Japan: ヴァリアブルファイター・マスターファイル VF-19エクスカリバー (大型本)

Could this be the REAL ending to Macross Frontier? lol

real_ending.bmp ( 2.58MB ) Number of downloads: 19

Ranka with the candle....damn I laughed so hard...^^;

The chibi Ranka in her dominatrix outfit is freakin' hilarious. Thanks for sending that. On another topic, I just won those DVD bundles, the promo DVD, and the other one that may have the cut scenes. Should receive it in a few days. I'll let you all know what it is when I get it.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/rcms/anime/091120...n=NewYear091230

CD Japan is offering a 10% off discount from January 1, 2010 thru January 3rd, 2010 on various Macross products. Purchases of those product will include a Crossover poster with your purchase. See link for details.

Whoaaaa!!!! Scoopda!!!! Thanks, they had something I needed to order on there, so that worked out wonderfully. Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow thats pretty sweet. Looks like those are the stick poster sets that were sold at the Crossover Live.

Looking at the site I noticed that the upcoming Minmay and Mylene figures have both sold out on preorder alone, hahahaha. Good thing I get mine from Amazon (yay free shipping!).

Anyways, with the Macross F movie getting an expanded theatrical run this year, the F-tama club just announced that new goods would be produced too, including a new Sherryl tshirt.

No pics yet, but keep an eye on the regular and cinema only good pages for updates:

http://www.macrossf.com/movie/goods_goods.html

http://www.macrossf.com/movie/goods_theater.html

No reservations needed. She goes on at 8:00, and it'll probably be ten or fifteen bucks to get in.

Thanks Gubaba, I will be there tonight.

Read some mixed online review of the joint. Should I eat over there, or should I just go there for the show?

Thanks Gubaba, I will be there tonight.

Read some mixed online review of the joint. Should I eat over there, or should I just go there for the show?

I've never eaten there myself, although there's a Seinfeld episode based on the place...it's the one where the spend the entire episode waiting for a table.

The bar is fully stocked, though. B))

Mari needs to come over to the east coast! Stop hogging her, California!!

Want a copy of her signed CD "ECHO"? (the ink hasn't dried yet) B))

It can be yours for $20 (shipping included). :lol:

Even though there was only one Macross song (Ai Oboete Imasu ka) out of the 6 or 7 songs, it was well worth the long drive in rush hour LA traffic.

I wish she stop trying so hard to distant herself from her role as Minmay.

The best reaction from the audience tonight was her performance of Ai Oboete Imasu ka, and even she said it herself that she knew everyone came to see her perform that song. Why not cater to the crowd and perform more Macross songs?

Oh, and she is alot prettier in person than her album photos.

Edited by nanoplasm

Even though there was only one Macross song (Ai Oboete Imasu ka) out of the 6 or 7 songs, it was well worth the long drive in rush hour LA traffic.

I wish she stop trying so hard to distant herself from her role as Minmay.

The best reaction from the audience tonight was her performance of Ai Oboete Imasu ka, and even she said it herself that she knew everyone came to see her perform that song. Why not cater to the crowd and perform more Macross songs?

Oh, and she is alot prettier in person than her album photos.

Yeah, it was a good show (and it was nice meeting you, too). The turnout was good, too, which is always nice.

I'd also urge everyone to buy Echo (even after nanoplasm runs out of his set, if you buy it from her website, she signs it). It's not terribly "Macross-y," but it IS quite a good album, and the most eclectic albums she's done in years.

(Oddly, she seemed surprised when I pulled out the Macross 2009 Anthem to be signed...she said, "Wow, you bought this?" I wonder what she meant... :unsure: )

Yeah, it was a good show (and it was nice meeting you, too). The turnout was good, too, which is always nice.

I'd also urge everyone to buy Echo (even after nanoplasm runs out of his set, if you buy it from her website, she signs it). It's not terribly "Macross-y," but it IS quite a good album, and the most eclectic albums she's done in years.

(Oddly, she seemed surprised when I pulled out the Macross 2009 Anthem to be signed...she said, "Wow, you bought this?" I wonder what she meant... :unsure: )

Nice meeting you Gubaba as well. Even though I can't keep up with most of the M:7 discussion, it kind of got me interested in tracking it down and giving it another chance.

I also plan to pick up her older releases from her website later, but tonight was about showing support for ECHO (since she only mentioned it about 15,000 times). :lol:

About her comment, she was probably hoping you would have purchase the single from her directly tonight.

I wouldn't worry about it because according to her blog and her comments to other attendees tonight, she's pretty happy she wrote, arranged and produced that single. ^_^

It was very lucky I had her "sings Minmay" CD in the car today (had to go straight to LA after work). I thought that would be the best Macross album to ask for her autograph since it's more about her as an artist than her as Minmay (which always seems to be a touchy subject) :p

Edited by nanoplasm

I dont know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but two live clips from the recent Animelo special have popped up on youtube

May'n - Baby Pink Monsoon

May'n & Megumi Nakajima - Lion

Not too bad - Baby Pink Monsoon wasnt on the Budokan DVD/BR (because it wasnt out yet) so this is the first time a lot of people outside of Japan have gotten to see it live. (Whereas Ivm seeing it live for the 4th time on the 24th...heeheehee ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Macross F online event

While details have yet to be fully revealed, F-tama has announced that there will be a real-time online event held with the cast of Macross F on February 26th.

No word on who exactly will be online to interact with the fans as of yet.

Just my luck, Ill probably be away on business that night. Heres hoping my hotel room has a decent net connection!

Macross F online event

While details have yet to be fully revealed, F-tama has announced that there will be a real-time online event held with the cast of Macross F on February 26th.

No word on who exactly will be online to interact with the fans as of yet.

Just my luck, Ill probably be away on business that night. Heres hoping my hotel room has a decent net connection!

Keep us posted.

It would be cool to have some Western representation there... B))

• 3 weeks later...

Gubaba - damn that was a fast spot! They just aired that on the Net Meeting!

For anyone who is interested, it was a light kindof event - fluffy but fun.

It basically featured Yuichi Nakamura (alto), Aya Endo (Sherryl) and Megumi Nakajima (Ranka) on a couch, anwering questions from fans "live" from an online chatroom and just chatting about stuff.

Of the more interesting questions - who would be best suited to play Altos singing voice? Nakamura: Glay!

All three tried to guess what would happen in the next movie, and there was a spot where each guest had to deliver a line that was totally out of character (while wearing masks).

Nakamura also introduced the new Macross F figures that come out (its a draw system - you buy a draw ticket and get one of them. See Gubabas link for details) by...playing with them and showing THE SECRET..RANKA PANTIES CLOSEUP!!!!!! ^^; Nakajima and Endo got their revenge by acting out a scene with figures where Sherryl punched Alto for staring at said panties, hehehe.

Some cosplayers came on (on behalf of the toy manufacturer) to have "Sherryl" and "Ranka" sign some posters. Nakamura made snide comments about Michael being too popular (lol) and also discussed a recent conversation he had with Kawamori where Kawamori reportedly said "Well, THAT anime series got a YOU KNOW WHAT in Odaiba recently...surely its Macross" turn next?"

Nakamura claimed that Kawamori had seriously thought about buying a second hand F14 to see if he could...."modify" it. (eegads!)

A special birthday cake was brought out for Endo and Nakamura who both had birthdays in February. Not quite as cool as the giant taiyaki cake that Endo brought out on stage for May'n last year but pretty cool nonetheless.

The event had some technical hitches - the site being overloaded, streaming hiccups, people unable to log onto the forums, but was still worth a watch overall.

They also did a live (custom) re-recording of the trailer for the movie which I managed to get a bad camera recording of.

Of particular note is Endo trying have Sherryl do some more Ranka lines, lol

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RZU00XHK

Random pics follow!

The opening to the second segment

post-9325-1267186276_thumb.jpg

And here are the hosts!

post-9325-1267186381_thumb.jpg

post-9325-1267186453_thumb.jpg

post-9325-1267186482_thumb.jpg

And it went pretty much like this...

post-9325-1267186550_thumb.jpg

Saying it behind a masks makes it more REALZ!

post-9325-1267186628_thumb.jpg

No Sir! I didnt see you playing with your dolls sir!

post-9325-1267186721_thumb.jpg

Oh Nakamura...you HAD to go there didnt you? EXTREME CLOSEUP!

post-9325-1267186771_thumb.jpg

Mamegu is NOT amused...

post-9325-1267186802_thumb.jpg

Ok this is where it got a little weird...

post-9325-1267186842_thumb.jpg

Do want!

post-9325-1267186990_thumb.jpg

These too!

post-9325-1267187085_thumb.jpg

These stickers are gifts for people who renew/sign up for the fanclub membership

post-9325-1267187166_thumb.jpg

Awwwww....Cake!

post-9325-1267187200_thumb.jpg

post-9325-1267187269_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Great Mechanics.DX #12 is out, and has 4 pages on Macross.

Brief summary:

2 pages FAST packs (VF-0, SV-51, VF-1, VF-11, VF-17, YF-19, YF-21, VF-25)

1 page armour packs (VF-1, VF-0, VF-25, VF-11) with mention of how the VF-1 strike pack is the origin of the VF-25 Tornedo pack and the VF-171EX.

1/2 page fold boosters (VF-17, YF-19, VF-25) with mention of the VF-25 AEGIS pack.

1/2 page sound boosters (VF-11MAXL Kai, VF-19 Kai, VF-17 Kai, and VF-25)

• 2 weeks later...