Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

This was brought to my attention today....

Bill Rogers was by far the best thing about that imo. The main reviewer encompasses most of what I cannot stand about internet 'personalities' and video reviews - the guy thinks he is funny and also thinks we want to see more of him him him! He also uses the English version of Plus and makes fun of 80s music, meaning he needs to die in a fire. Also reminds me of someone I know.... maybe its a Gen.Y thing. Ugh.

Great Mechanics.DX 24 was released this week.

Alas, nothing on Macross. Which is disappointing, as there was great opportunity to coincide with the release of "Macross 30".

On the flip side, it's loaded with stuff on Gundam Unicorn and Yamato.

Bill Rogers was by far the best thing about that imo. The main reviewer encompasses most of what I cannot stand about internet 'personalities' and video reviews - the guy thinks he is funny and also thinks we want to see more of him him him! He also uses the English version of Plus and makes fun of 80s music, meaning he needs to die in a fire. Also reminds me of someone I know.... maybe its a Gen.Y thing. Ugh.

And Bill Rogers spoke truth. Macross Plus DOES already know how great it is.

EDIT: Can I be annoyed that the host is a Macross fan...? I'd prefer not to be associated with him...

Edited by Gubaba

First pic of inner-jacket illustration for Macross Plus BD boxset.

attachicon.gifplus.jpg

Also, pre-order goodies for FB7 and a promotional truck.

Finally, the SUPERB Macross Gengaten Exhibit is coming to the city of Takamatsu on the island of Shikoku!

attachicon.gifgengaten.jpg

Date: May 30 (Thu) ~June 12 (Wed)

Entry fee: 700 yen.

Special guest signing: TBA

Is that a new image for the Takamatsu event? Perhaps the Exhibit book is getting a new cover? If anyone is going to the exhibit and can help me find this postcard book, I can pay in advance...thanks!:

g0019.jpg

And Bill Rogers spoke truth. Macross Plus DOES already know how great it is.

EDIT: Can I be annoyed that the host is a Macross fan...? I'd prefer not to be associated with him...

It's really weird seeing you guys mention Bill Rogers! I've known him for almost 20 years now. We were actually in the same anime club at Rutgers University in the early 90s.

There will be another Macross 'Net Meeting' talkshow held on Niconico next Wednesday (April 10). The last one of these they did was just before the Musicalture.

Guests will include May'n, Hidetaka Tenjin, and Shion tsuchiya (from The Musicalture).

The will be shootin' the breeze on a couple of topics, including mecha, characters, music, and the all important question - what will the first song performed at Macross Crossover Live 30 be?

There will be another Macross 'Net Meeting' talkshow held on Niconico next Wednesday (April 10). The last one of these they did was just before the Musicalture.

Guests will include May'n, Hidetaka Tenjin, and Shion tsuchiya (from The Musicalture).

The will be shootin' the breeze on a couple of topics, including mecha, characters, music, and the all important question - what will the first song performed at Macross Crossover Live 30 be?

The fact that Shion is there gives me hope that they'll do something more with the Musicalture...

I checked the Nconico time table but couldn't find it out. What is the URL and when is it broadcast?

In the evening in Japan (JST) is so early in the morning in US. Some members outside of Japan here may want to watch it,

I checked the Nconico time table but couldn't find it out. What is the URL and when is it broadcast?

In the evening in Japan (JST) is so early in the morning in US. Some members outside of Japan here may want to watch it,

This will be the niconico link, but it hasnt been activated yet. try checking it later today.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv132750117

Hey, my collection is there, too! : O

The web sites which post the translation of some overseas sites are popular to some extent in Japan. It's one of them.

Japanese, of course including me, tend to like to know the impressions of non-Japanese about their country, themselves and the their products; animes, Japanese items sold by amazon.com, the tour impressions of foreigners about it/ them and so on.

We are amused to read them; to see the difference between them is so amusing.

NA #20

Good news: there's Macross content

Bad news: no Macross the first

Macross content:

2 colour pages on the upcoming release of the FB7 movie.

1 colour page Macross news:

Plastic Model :1/72 Perfect Transformation VF-1A/S Valkyrie kit

Bandai, ¥4,725; Release: 06/29

Live: Macross Crossover Live 30

see info elsewhere

Event: The Macross Genga Exhibition

May 30 to Jun 12, in Takamatsu.

Info: http://macross-gengaten.com

Newtype Anime Station - Macross:

Event 1: Macross Genga Exhibition (see above)

Event 2: Macross Crossover Live 30: http://macrosslive30.com

BD&BD: Macross FB7

Web: http://macross30.com/mtg/

Next Issue:

Macross the First (I'm not holding my breath this time...)

Edited by sketchley

NO! "Takamatsu!" Takamatsu City, Kagawa Pref,

Not Komatsu, Fukui Pref.

Gah!

Sometimes I hate place names. (Don't get me started. I live in Kansai. King of the non-standard reading place name!)

Edited by sketchley

NA #20

Good news: there's Macross content

Bad news: no Macross the first

Yeah, I actually asked the staff at the bookstore to unwrap it, since I didn't see "Macross the First" listed on the cover. After checking the table of contents, I decided not to buy it.