Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2019 at 7:08 PM, Valkyrie23 said:

2019_08_18_15.48.28.jpg

:( 

There’s some discussion on twitter that indicates there’s a little more to the story than she’s letting on.

I wonder if anyone involved will chime in? Probably best not to create/add to any drama. Hope they can work something out for next year. 

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

There’s some discussion on twitter that indicates there’s a little more to the story than she’s letting on.

I wonder if anyone involved will chime in? Probably best not to create/add to any drama. Hope they can work something out for next year. 

Probably best to wait for some kind of official statement from the SDCon organizers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm also interested to know who they arranged with: whatever group handles IP complaints in China, or HG.

A local attorney, and through them, the local intellectual property office.

They did the registrations the same way you'd do one in any foreign region...

Retain the services of a attorney in the desired region whose practice specializes in intellectual property law, and have them file the appropriate paperwork on your behalf with the country's local intellectual property office.  In China, that's be the China National Intellectual Property Administration in Beijing's Haidian district.  It went much the same way when trademark papers were filed for Big West in the UK via the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (either the head office in Newport or the London satellite office) and for the trademark filing with the European Union Intellectual Property Office in any one of the 28 member nations (headquartered in Alicante, Alicante Province, Spain).  Once it's approved and published, wait for someone to object within a set period.  If nobody does, you're golden.  If someone does, defend your registration in court.

Big West registered, knowing full well HG would object, then beat them on the registration appeal hearing because the law was on their side.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

31 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Retain the services of a attorney in the desired region whose practice specializes in intellectual property law, and have them file the appropriate paperwork on your behalf with the country's local intellectual property office.  In China, that's be the China National Intellectual Property Administration in Beijing's Haidian district.  It went much the same way when trademark papers were filed for Big West in the UK via the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (either the head office in Newport or the London satellite office) and for the trademark filing with the European Union Intellectual Property Office in any one of the 28 member nations (headquartered in Alicante, Alicante Province, Spain).  Once it's approved and published, wait for someone to object within a set period.  If nobody does, you're golden.  If someone does, defend your registration in court.

Big West registered, knowing full well HG would object, then beat them on the registration appeal hearing because the law was on their side.

Well that was essentially my question, if they went the law&litigation path, or if they just made a deal with HG.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:48 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

I was actually planning to attend for the first time in over a decade, but after seeing this and discussing it with a other old school MWers decided not to.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 1:56 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

If they are successfull, they'll be able to take these same steps in all the Commonwealth Nations as the laws are similar to the UK, being the founding empire.  Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc...

Edited by Zinjo

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tochiro said:

‪Coming June 20, the next Valkyrie Master File book, “VF-1S Roy Focker Special”.‬

‪https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4815605297/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=マスターファイル&qid=1585747379&sr=8-1‬

Another one?  This is the fifth bloody VF-1 book in the series... the fourth if we don't count Squadrons.

I have a bad feeling about this one.  There wasn't anything special about Roy's VF-1S apart from the fact that it was Roy's.

It's obviously a deep dive into the shade of yellow paint used in the plane. 

I wondered if it was a joke actually cause, today, and I couldn't make the link work. 

EDIT: I've seen the link in another topic now so I guess it is real. I still have none of the books except the VF-19 one anyway lol, but it sounds like other VF-1 books would be a better buy. 

Edited by Master Dex

• 2 months later...

While full details have yet to be announced, the official Satelight (the studio behind Macross for the last 2 decades) website has been updated to show that their business partnership with Pachinko giant Sankyo has been dissolved. 

Whether or not this will have any bearing on the Macross franchise’s future is unknown. Sankyo has had investments in Satelight since 2006 and created pachinko and Pachislot games for Macross Delta, Macross Frontier (x3!) and the original SDFM (including the notorious re-animated footage in 2009).

https://www.anime-recorder.com/4521/158188/