Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

1 hour ago, MisaForever said:

Hey guys! So yeah, just saw the new video. o_o

https://www.yubew.com/macross-frontier-singer-sheryl-nome-returns-in-new-animated-video.html

Did anyone else catch this bit???

" The return of the character (as voiced by real-life singer May'n) is the first part of a series of commemorations for the Macross franchise's 35th anniversary this year. Among the other announcements are virtual reality, live music concert, theater, planetarium, amusement center, projection mapping display, toy, shop, and network projects. There is also a new television anime planned for 2018 "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is THIS?!!!

MF... you need to pay more attention around here, lol. We've been talking about that for over a month now. Even a thread for it, full of loving MW speculation and obligatory vitriol, haha.

But nah I get it, not everyone watching all the news like a hawk, at least you know now! To answer your quick questions, yes it is true but no we don't know any details about it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Mechanics G: 2017 Spring
Released: 2017.03.18

In short, no Macross coverage.  Though, there is a big article on the upcoming Yamato 2202.  Of note is the English subtitle for that new series: "Starblazers" (not present in the Yamato 2199 title).

In 'Macross-y' news, there's:
4 B&W pgs interview with Kawamori-san - the return of his feature article "Listen To Kawamori-san!".  This time, the topic is "Overseas Work".  The two accompanying picture sets are noteworthy:
- Japan Tours Festival 2017 in France (reported on by MW members earlier this year).
- the transforming 1:9 VF-1S at the Beijing Comicon.

For the fans in Japan and VPN users outside of it.
Abema TV broadcasts SDF Macross, Macross 7, Macross F and Macross Delta every weekday and night on the Net from May.
Sorry, no subs.

Source (Japanese):
http://animeanime.jp/article/2017/03/29/33228.html

On 3/12/2017 at 7:51 PM, Master Dex said:

MF... you need to pay more attention around here, lol. We've been talking about that for over a month now. Even a thread for it, full of loving MW speculation and obligatory vitriol, haha.

But nah I get it, not everyone watching all the news like a hawk, at least you know now! To answer your quick questions, yes it is true but no we don't know any details about it yet.

...... I'm a fair-weather Macross fan. I'm not going to know about everything as soon as it comes out. :p

But thanks for the heads up. I'll try to check before posting in the future.

6 hours ago, MisaForever said:

...... I'm a fair-weather Macross fan. I'm not going to know about everything as soon as it comes out. :p

But thanks for the heads up. I'll try to check before posting in the future.

>.> As you respond to a nearly month old post... lol.

I'm just having fun with you, heh. Frankly that is how it was for me after Frontier ended. I came here less and less, barely was conscious of the Frontier movies (I didn't see either until almost a year after Wings of Goodbye was out on bluray), and kinda stopped focusing on Macross for a bit and forgot about the awesome community here. Then I read about Delta by happenstance and after the previous episode aired I was back in full, lol. Trying to stick around now despite no ongoing stuff again, having a new show so soon helps.

Frankly if it weren't for here, and the facebook pages run by some people from these forums I follow now, I'd have missed the new show announcement too probably.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, UN Spacy said:

Sheryl's new single is out on iTunes. :)

Wish this was on google play, also thank you for reminding me series have twitter accounts these days (followed)

18 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

If only I had the money to go.

On 4/28/2017 at 11:22 AM, treatment said:

I saw this at the Walkure 2nd Live concert in the lobby of the Yokohama arena. It looks very nice. From this picture, it doesn't look like there has been anything done to it since, except maybe all these are all Hi-res 3D printed parts. I think it's probably on its last checks, if not done by now, and just waiting for the diecast molds to be made and off to the races.

12 hours ago, endlessabyss said:

Two Macross titles charted in the NHK's "Best 100 Anime" 2017 Ranking:

73rd --> Macross F
98th --> Choujikuu Yousai Macross: Ai Oboeteimasu ka / Macross: Do You Remember Love?

I wonder why Tiger and Bunny got #1, #2 and #6.

8 hours ago, antibiotictab said:

I wonder why Tiger and Bunny got #1, #2 and #6.

#1 - TV series
#2 - Movie
#6 - Movie

3 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

Context. We should see what the sample population is, the age range, and selection basis.

I'm surprised certain older and longer running shows are not at #1 which makes me suspicious. 

NHK's Best Anime 2017 Top Overall 400 Ranking

Anime News Network:

"The poll collected votes from January 8 to March 31 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of anime. People could choose from the approximately 10,000 Japanese anime produced so far and vote for three works per day. The poll received about 600,000 votes."

The following Macross titles made the top 400 list:

* 73rd --> Macross F

* 98th --> Choujikuu Yousai Macross: Ai Oboeteimasu ka / Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?

* 142nd --> Choujikuu Yousai Macross / Super Dimension Fortress Macross

* 264th --> Macross 7

* = 268th --> Gekijouban Macross F - Sayonara no Tsubasa / Macross F Movie - Wings of Goodbye

* = 268th --> Macross Δ

---

Note: Context

Edited by endlessabyss
Additional information

Here's the top 20 from that list.

Like I said, context. I can't quite put my finger on what it is though (probably what's popular now).

Wow! 100 years of animation in Japan. That's pretty cool. There was also a top 100 anime song list with a few Macross ones with Lion being the highest at 19. Do you remember love at 35? 

Main page with both lists: http://www.nhk.or.jp/anime/anime100/

The top 100 anime list further ranked according to gender?

Male:                                                      Female:

48th DYRL?                                            81st: Macross F

56th Macross F

65th SDFM

Edited by wmkjr

21 hours ago, azrael said:

Here's the top 20 from that list.

Like I said, context. I can't quite put my finger on what it is though (probably what's popular now).

The recency bias is quite strong on that list. Some baffling choices too. Joker Game is that popular?

Seeing Legend of the Galactic Heroes there is a massive and welcome surprise though.

23 hours ago, endlessabyss said:

NHK's Best Anime 2017 Top Overall 400 Ranking

Anime News Network:

"The poll collected votes from January 8 to March 31 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of anime. People could choose from the approximately 10,000 Japanese anime produced so far and vote for three works per day. The poll received about 600,000 votes."

The following Macross titles made the top 400 list:

* 73rd --> Macross F

* 98th --> Choujikuu Yousai Macross: Ai Oboeteimasu ka / Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?

* 142nd --> Choujikuu Yousai Macross / Super Dimension Fortress Macross

* 264th --> Macross 7

* = 268th --> Gekijouban Macross F - Sayonara no Tsubasa / Macross F Movie - Wings of Goodbye

* = 268th --> Macross Δ

---

Note: Context

At least Delta is last on the list....oh wait plus isn't on the list at or even Macross 2. Buuullllllshit. :p

Strange that Frontier could be first as a series and last as a movie.

Edited by Sandman

On 5/6/2017 at 6:53 AM, Sandman said:

At least Delta is last on the list....oh wait plus isn't on the list at or even Macross 2. Buuullllllshit. :p

Strange that Frontier could be first as a series and last as a movie.

Plus was never that popular in Japan unfortunately.

I'm actually surprised that Psycho gun and Order a rabbit is so high there in the list.

32 minutes ago, Graham said:

As much as I love Mac 7, I'm surprised it beat Frontier on that list.

It only beat the movie (and only the second one at that). Frontier the show ranked much higher.

Nice to see Legend of the Galactic Heroes up there, but the rest of that list? Wow. What the hell is "Is the order a rabbit?"?!?

Not trying to sound like a neckbeard elitist here, but most of that top 20 has no business being up there. Context, for sure. Most of the voters are probably under 25.