Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

Pixiv artist Kenji Takahashi (@Kaze) has been speculating on Twitter about what one of the new Delta Valkyries might possibly look like.

Here's what he came up with. attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

thought I'd post in here seeing that the Macross Delta thread has been locked..

That interpretation looks pretty good! I'd be happy with how that looked and I think its going to be pretty close! B))

Edited by spanner76

Pixiv artist Kenji Takahashi (@Kaze) has been speculating on Twitter about what one of the new Delta Valkyries might possibly look like.

Here's what he came up with. attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Now I can finally see the YF-19 influence. Hopefully we will see more teaser-pictures (official and unofficial) all the way through October. ^_^

Looks interesting.

As much as I like the speculated design, I'm getting rather board with the forward swept wings.

Ever since M Plus, there has been some sort of incarnation of the design in every Macross production.

The law of diminishing returns tells us that if you do the same thing too often, the opposite effect is eventually seen.

Edited by Zinjo

It's a fascinating idea but I don't think he has the wing shape correct. I don't believe it looks like a swept forward wing in the official art.

I think the style of the wing is going to be more like the Dragon 2 from SDFM.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/dragonii/dragonii.gif

I agree with you. I think that the wings look more like TF Ramjet:

DSC00336-19612-1300-1300-90-wm-left_top-

The top view looks like the yf-29 minus some obvious differences (like the wing thrusters).

My initial impression is "all the best features from recent Fighter modes" (19, 25, 29, 30) but potentially all the worst from recent Battroid modes" (29, 30). Sleek jet, but at the cost of disproportionate back kibble.

It did dawn on me that the lack of 29-style wing thrusters and recent innovations in the toys could fix this though. It just needs to have a high-speed wing position that doubles for the Battroid wing storage, and it will go from worrisome to awesome in my eyes.

Kawamori was on TV today talking about his new "pretty girl" -- it's Thunderbird Shadow! What better way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of possibly the most influential thing on Tokusatsu and Japanese mecha design than to invite one of the most eccentric creators in Japan onto the franchise? :)

post-1318-0-82148900-1443972836_thumb.jpg

That just seems to be a YF-30/VF-11 Hybrid.

I do like the fact that he has the legs in a rotated configuration but they poke through the top of the airframe at the same time. Kawamori was never done that. Any of the valks with legs that stow in a rotated position are placed beneath the main airframe i.e. the VF-17 and 171. All the rest the legs are kept in a vertical position.

Edited by Mommar

That just seems to be a YF-30/VF-11 Hybrid.

I do like the fact that he has the legs in a rotated configuration but they poke through the top of the airframe at the same time. Kawamori was never done that. Any of the valks with legs that stow in a rotated position are placed beneath the main airframe i.e. the VF-17 and 171. All the rest the legs are kept in a vertical position.

I rather like that design! Does indeed have elements of both the 11 & 30. That air intake design would also mean no visible intakes at the top of the legs whilst in battroid similar to the 21 & 22. With that design shown above it kind of makes more sense especially in the interest of packaging and not having to accommodate for a extensive air channeling throughout the air frame or at least upper leg sections.

vf 11 is the perfect valk, I don't know why kawamori hasn't update it.

I don´t know why many people are trying so hard to see something different than a yf30 with new wings from that image.

if is there something to think about is what is going to be in the missil pod, i remenber reading that the new valk in delta are going to be gimmicky

vf 11 is the perfect valk, I don't know why kawamori hasn't update it.

VF-11 is the perfect Valk. That's why he hasn't updated it.

ANYWAY...

In other news... Calling Operator 7G! MEGAZONE 23 will get an all night screening -- all three movies in full on the big screen-- on November 7th to celebrate the release on BD of the entire trilogy!!

Details:

http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/10/07/25214.html

I expect the SPEAKERPODCAST crew to be there like the dutiful zealots of Bahamut!

Some bits and pieces of news today.
Firstly, OSHARE MACROSS is BACK!
For those in the KYOTO area, a temporary Oshare Macross store will be open from Nov 21~23.
That's right, three days only!

Since Nov. 23 is the birthday of Sheryl Nome, expect some sort of activity or event to be announced closer to the date.

Before that, however, at TAMASHII NATION 2015 (Oct. 30~Nov. 1) in Akihabara, visitors who take their ticket to the nearby Akiba Tamashii Nations Showroom will receive a Macross Delta postcard. There will be another location in the area offering a second variant of the postcard, with details to be announced later this month.

This all comes in the aftermath of the Macross Delta reveal on Oct. 29 (streaming), so it looks like the Delta hypetrain is well and truly on its way!

post-9325-0-73567700-1444367467_thumb.jpg

The press release for Macross Delta will be streamed on...

The Portal Macross Website

Bandai Channel

Niconico Live

It will start at noon, Oct 29 (JST). Pm 8, Oct 28 in LA (daylight saving time).

Details will be also revealed next week.

Edited by antibiotictab

It looks like this week's MACROSS DELTA stream may be region restricted on Niconico. The website contains a warning that other streams don't have.

It also won't support NicoNico's timeshift function, meaning it needs to be watched in real time.

If this is the case then it's unfortunate news for fans outside of Japan, although not all that surprising (let's face it, Macross fans know all too well WHY this sort of thing happens).

Thanks to FalconKPD for pointing the region restrictions out.

post-9325-0-33184900-1445902625_thumb.jpg