Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

Could anyone tell me what is this event? Is it like a mingling thing? Curious as there are two different dates for different ages. Also, the Sheryl Birthday food and drink items look good, I like the cake set and galaxy burger!

Edited by wmkjr

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35968&hl=macrossmassCould anyone tell me what is this event? Is it like a mingling thing? Curious as there are two different dates for different ages. Also, the Sheryl Birthday food and drink items look good, I like the cake set and galaxy burger!

It's the third in a series of Macross 'singles parties' - only it really isn't. Its more of a fan meet up really.

This time around it's going to be held at the Macross-themed Kyarakuro cafe, which already has a bunch of Macross-themed food, and will be adding new items to the menu for Sheryls birthday this weekend. Since the cafe is rather small, the party is being broken up over separate days and age groups.

Thanks, Renato!

Come on, Tochiro. Just one little Chie pic! ;)

I'm going to be prioritising a text report of the gig on the front page and then looking to add some impressions into a podcast at a latter date. I'm doing this because, in the end, it would just be me talking about the Firebomber gig so I'd rather capture all the details on (digital) paper first, such as it is.

While it's not quite on the level of the old Macrossmass piece, it is still going to be a multi-event report covering everything that happened the weekend of the Firebomber concert, namely: Oshare Macross 7, Mikimoto signing, Chie Kajiura solo concert, and the Firebomber gig and shenanigans. I have some details drafted out but am waiting on photos from a fellow fan who had a really damn good digital SLR.

I hope to have something up within the next month or so. Between Yoshiaki Kawajiri film festivals, Kia Asamiya signings, Yoshiyuki Takani exhibits, Sheryl Nome's birthday, the Macross Cafe, and the next podcast, weekends are a little busy at the moment ^^;

But I'll get it done eventually, promise!

Oh, not to mention the Master Chief Collection - FIX THOSE DAMN SERVERS, MICROSOFT!

post-9325-0-72414800-1416398040_thumb.jpg

I hope to have something up within the next month or so. Between Yoshiaki Kawajiri film festivals, Kia Asamiya signings, Yoshiyuki Takani exhibits, Sheryl Nome's birthday, the Macross Cafe, and the next podcast, weekends are a little busy at the moment ^^;

But I'll get it done eventually, promise!

Oh, not to mention the Master Chief Collection - FIX THOSE DAMN SERVERS, MICROSOFT!

attachicon.gifcoll1.JPG

Wait, this may be off the Macross topic but, what the hell has Kia Asamiya been doing of late? I don't think I seen anything new(and therefore relevant) by Kia since the early 90's.

Wait, this may be off the Macross topic but, what the hell has Kia Asamiya been doing of late? I don't think I seen anything new(and therefore relevant) by Kia since the early 90's.

That sound you hear is Tochiro tearing out his hair and shouting, "WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE NEW SILENT MOBIUS MANGA!?!"

THERE'S A NEW SILENT MOBIUS MANGA??

Well you learn something new everyday. Might check it out to see how his art style has developed since then... Man I could still remember everyone aping his art-style during the late 80's to mid-90's. Then nothing, he just dropped off the map altogether round about that time.

(To be fair, Mikimoto himself followed Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's style initially before developing his own)

I think you have to sign up with them first. If you are, then something is definitely awry.

Seeing that you actually even got that message, well it looks to be the latter.

Im a member and logged in and am getting the same message. Maybe the uploader changed the status of the vids to private?

On a different note, auditions for Macross⊿ start today.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross%E2%8A%BF-auditions-start-today/

Edited by Tochiro

To elaborate for those who aren't aware, LINE is the most popular mobile instant messaging in Japan at the moment. Part of the appeal comes from being able to buy stamps of popular characters and mascots to chat with. Like really fancy emoticons.

Today saw the release (FINALLY!) of a set of Macross Frontier stamps for 200yen.

(Thanks to Gubaba for breaking the news!)

post-9325-0-51236800-1418285054_thumb.jpg

To elaborate for those who aren't aware, LINE is the most popular mobile instant messaging in Japan at the moment. Part of the appeal comes from being able to buy stamps of popular characters and mascots to chat with. Like really fancy emoticons.

Today saw the release (FINALLY!) of a set of Macross Frontier stamps for 200yen.

(Thanks to Gubaba for breaking the news!)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yup, it's really convenient and really useful to keep in contact with group of friends. The only problem with it is that you have to turn the alerts off if your group you follow is quite sizeable as you'd end up being alerted 24 hr a day. Someone even told me it drained the hell out of his phone and bandwidth so bewarned if you decided to use it and you have an overseas carrier.

Well that SKB48 bar(why the hell do I know this, I hate that whole franchise...) was definitely still there blaring away when I visited Fire bomBar in November last year.

Two years and hopefully he'd have that bar for some time yet as I want to go back sometime in the future. I want to try out the rest of his Macross original custom mix drinks.

Great Mechanics.DX #31 (winter 2014):

Macross Content

- small review of the Hasegawa VF-1J/A GERWALK (which is also offered as one of the prizes this issue).

Kawamori's regular column (Kawamori-san Ni Kiku!) has the topic of... food (even the magazine's editor indicates surprise at this). Yay, mitochondria!

Can anyone read the (Japanese) text in the flash player part on this page? http://www.macross.co.jp/zero/

In Google Chrome latest version, the Japanese text shows up as diamonds with question marks and in Internet Explorer latest version, it shows up as random accented Latin and punctuation marks.

Try changing your character encoding to one of the Japanese ones. (generally found under View).