HG and Robotech Debates

I just fixed up his text so it makes more sense, enjoy!

Taksraven

OMG, it's full of stars!

And you know what memo, I'm sorry, tell you what, let's be friends. If you don't already own a PSP, have your mom go buy you one, or start collecting cans so you can save up for one. After that, borrow your dads credit card, and pre-order Macross Ultimate Frontier. It's kidna like Robotech Battlecry, minus all the suck. Practice hard on it, then come to MW con next year. I promise I'll try to attend, so I can use Nekki Basara to stomp all over you while shouting ORE NO UTA WO KIIKE!! in your face while you try to comprehend the power of Anima Spiritia. That is if you can figure out how to use the save feature in a Japanese game.

BEAUTY OF NEW MERCH THATT DOESN'T SUCK, BI!!!

Edited by Keith

Who is MEMO and what is his role in the grand scheme of Robotech? From his response, why should I accept that answer when much of it sounds like conjecture and heresay from lawyers? The context in which these legal questions and scenarios were asked are also important to note.

I got a question. Now that MechWarrior (5) is coming out, does that mean that the developers need permission from Harmony Gold to include the Warhammer, or would they go through Big West or something entirely different? As far as I could tell, it still looks very similar to the Tomahawk.

The developer Catalyst Game Labs would need permission from Harmony Gold as well because HG has merchandise rights on Macross which include video games. Its very likely that the Warhammer and other unforeseen mechs will be removed from Mech Warrior. In the previous thread Seto mentioned that Catalyst Game Labs has posted an update right on there website catalystgamelabs.com stating that the unforeseen mechs will not be published in the new Battle Tech novels, but nothing has been stated about the actual video game as of yet.

I watched mospeada and couldn't believe that even the SONG NAME they couldn't create their own. At the original opening he sings "lonely soldier boy", when i went to youtube to search for it i found that there is a RT song with the same name.

FYI Tatsunko didn't come up with an original song name either. The original "Lonely Soldier Boy" was written and performed by John Deerfield in 1961, 22 years before Tatsunko released Mosepeada in 1983. According to this youtube video it was only a hit in Japan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYCqwZ8xPMw

I just fixed up his text so it makes more sense, enjoy!

Taksraven

Jeez, did you really have to waste all the space just to show us a bunch of 1s and 0s. You couldn't just I dunno summarize with just ONE as in 00000001 line?

Edited by Freiflug88

The developer Catalyst Game Labs would need permission from Harmony Gold as well because HG has merchandise rights on Macross which include video games. Its very likely that the Warhammer and other unforeseen mechs will be removed from Mech Warrior. In the previous thread Seto mentioned that Catalyst Game Labs has posted an update right on there website catalystgamelabs.com stating that the unforeseen mechs will not be published in the new Battle Tech novels, but nothing has been stated about the actual video game as of yet.

actually the new mechwarrior isn't being handled by catalyst game labs at all. the company handling it is smith & tinker, a company founded by one of the founders of fasa Jordan Weissman. the two companies have nothing to do with each other. catalyst has liscensed the rights from the owners of the tabletop Topps, while smith and tinker liscenses the right from the owner of the videogame rights microsoft and the two operate independent of one another. as far as the new mechwarrior goes there is a good chance that weissman knew the specifics of the HG v. fasa court case and wouldn't have allowed anything to be done that would have gotten them in a situation similar to the one catalyst placed themselves in.

I don't mind you being an ignorant robotech fan, god know's they're dying breed, and need all the members they can get, but really, do the right thing, and bug HG to make you some original material, and leave the Macross franchise alone. Your kind doesn't like awesome hot blooded mecha action with fanservice tits that bounce & great music. You prefer shitty dubs & long winded expositin that insults the intelligence of 5 year olds. You prefer Last Starfighter era CG animation put to the animation of Korea's C class production houses. You prefer bad fanfiction novels with magic hats.

Actually, Dr Movie isn't a "c" class production studio. They do a lot of the CG work and animation for lots of big name Japanese productions, they're the only Korean studio that Studio Ghibli works with, for example (starting with Spirited Away). They also did Macross 7 the Galaxy is Calling Me, Jin Roh, Death Note, a whole poo load of big name, high profile productions. What HG paid for was "c" class work. Actually, I think they only paid for rough pre-vis work and had only enough money to slap some rough textures on top of it.

I agree that shadow chronicles fraking sucks and the CG looks like someone did it in their spare time on an amigo they found at the goodwill but you get what you pay for.

Actually, Dr Movie isn't a "c" class production studio. They do a lot of the CG work and animation for lots of big name Japanese productions, they're the only Korean studio that Studio Ghibli works with, for example (starting with Spirited Away). They also did Macross 7 the Galaxy is Calling Me, Jin Roh, Death Note, a whole poo load of big name, high profile productions. What HG paid for was "c" class work. Actually, I think they only paid for rough pre-vis work and had only enough money to slap some rough textures on top of it.

I agree that shadow chronicles fraking sucks and the CG looks like someone did it in their spare time on an amigo they found at the goodwill but you get what you pay for.

Mayhaps I should have been a bit more specific, in that they had their "C Team" on it. Hell;, maybe they only had interns working on it. But there was absolutely no love whatsover that went into that CG. There was no sign of a staff member who said "sure we're not getting paid much, but I want this to look cool." SC is a straight "you're getting what you pay for you cheapskate foreigner" job.

Mayhaps I should have been a bit more specific, in that they had their "C Team" on it. Hell;, maybe they only had interns working on it. But there was absolutely no love whatsover that went into that CG. There was no sign of a staff member who said "sure we're not getting paid much, but I want this to look cool." SC is a straight "you're getting what you pay for you cheapskate foreigner" job.

or maybe they were just mad about having to draw those ridiculous character designs over and over? :lol:

Here's the problem with the information given to these "other lawyers" not working for HG. The saying "garbage in, garbage out" applies. For example, if I ask the question, "If a company owns all the rights and designs of a certain product, can they use that stuff in anything they want," any lawyer would most likely say, "of course they could." However, the problem is in the question. Now, ask it in a different, correct perspective: "If a company owns merchandising rights of a certain design and product, but not for derivitive works, could they use those same designs for a movie or new show?" The answer would probably be different.

The rulings of the court decision aren't top secret, and are somewhat public domain for anyone willing to do the searching, from what I've gathered. And Memo, I'm deducting 10 Robotech points from you for not knowing Dana was in Southern Cross (Role-playing game reference).

Now, ask it in a different, correct perspective: "If a company owns merchandising rights of a certain design and product, but not for derivitive works, could they use those same designs for a movie or new show?" The answer would probably be different.

Thats it! HG will just use their Macross merchandise rights to film their Robotech toys instead of creating CG derivatives! No fancy modern day CG, the LARM will really reflect Robotech's 80s look with stop motion special effects! :lol:

OMG, it's full of stars!

And you know what memo, I'm sorry, tell you what, let's be friends. If you don't already own a PSP, have your mom go buy you one, or start collecting cans so you can save up for one. After that, borrow your dads credit card, and pre-order Macross Ultimate Frontier. It's kidna like Robotech Battlecry, minus all the suck. Practice hard on it, then come to MW con next year. I promise I'll try to attend, so I can use Nekki Basara to stomp all over you while shouting ORE NO UTA WO KIIKE!! in your face while you try to comprehend the power of Anima Spiritia. That is if you can figure out how to use the save feature in a Japanese game.

BEAUTY OF NEW MERCH THATT DOESN'T SUCK, BI!!!

I can stomach Konzaki Hibiki better than that douche-bag.

Interesting developments on the RT-side licensing discussion... MEMO posted some (all-caps) quotes he claims are from the January Anime Los Angeles convention panel.

The panel was informative and dove more into Robotech rights, writers, and production of RLAM (Robotech Live Action Movie) and as well as old info. The presentation was short but good. What was better were the Q and A that followed. Everyone I think had their question answered and most had 3 or 4 turns. Lots of time was left for that.

Will dive into the most important and going by memory...

[...]

2.) With the Big West and Tatsunoko fight in Japan affect the new LAM like Voltron had with its legal fight of using the lions?

Tommy; No. All that been settled and deals in Japanese courts and WB has full rights to all the content of Robotech from beginning to end. They can start in any part of the story they please and use its content.

EDIT: Caps lock is not cruise control for cool, so I converted MEMO's statements into a more readable form for you.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Interesting developments on the RT-side licensing discussion... MEMO posted some (all-caps) quotes he claims are from the January Anime Los Angeles convention panel.

Much as I disagree with him, Memo will say whatever he feels like saying, especially over at RT.com. And a lot of the fanboys will eat it up.

Believe me, I went through a similar thing with Shaloom at Macross Generation. Even when Shaloom said, "all my info is false," a lot of people there still stuck by him and are even now waiting patiently for more.

There's a time where you have to admit you've done all you can, and some people will believe whatever they want to believe.

Not that it changes the facts, of course. A million people could believe that HG has the intellectual property rights to Macross, but that won't make it true.

Now, if Memo comes over HERE and says it, that's different. But if he wants to spread his errors all over RT.com, it's no skin off our nose.

Hello,

Normally I do not post around here that often (actually it has been a while since I last posted here at mw).

Currently I'm under the impression that a lot of my fellow Robotech peers are unable to tell what is distinctively Robotech and what is distinctively Macross.

Sadly, until H.G. decides to come and say "listen, we do not own the concepts that make up SDF Macross", most of the Robotech fans will not really understand the rulings from the 2002 & 2003 court cases. Or maybe they simply chose not to understand.

Much as I disagree with him, Memo will say whatever he feels like saying, especially over at RT.com. And a lot of the fanboys will eat it up.

Believe me, I went through a similar thing with Shaloom at Macross Generation. Even when Shaloom said, "all my info is false," a lot of people there still stuck by him and are even now waiting patiently for more.

I was wondering Gubaba about the nature of the information that you shared with Shaloom (sorry guys, a little bit off topic :unsure: )

Tommy; No. All that been settled and deals in Japanese courts and WB has full rights to all the content of Robotech from beginning to end. They can start in any part of the story they please and use its content.

:rolleyes: Nah, really? :rolleyes: That's the same as saying "the sky is blue" or "fish live in water".

Hello,

Normally I do not post around here that often (actually it has been a while since I last posted here at mw).

Currently I'm under the impression that a lot of my fellow Robotech peers are unable to tell what is distinctively Robotech and what is distinctively Macross.

Sadly, until H.G. decides to come and say "listen, we do not own the concepts that make up SDF Macross", most of the Robotech fans will not really understand the rulings from the 2002 & 2003 court cases. Or maybe they simply chose not to understand.

That is an understatement.

2009_day3-01.jpg

They like to apply whatever suits them to Robotech time and again. Unfortunately, they don't have the skills to illustrate more genuine as possible Robotech things like whatever happened in the novels.

EDIT - The pic is MEMO's booth from Comic-Con 2009

Edited by Einherjar

That is an understatement.

2009_day3-01.jpg

They like to apply whatever suits them to Robotech time and again. Unfortunately, they don't have the skills to illustrate more genuine as possible Robotech things like whatever happened in the novels.

EDIT - The pic is MEMO's booth from Comic-Con 2009

Stealing MACROSS designs AGAIN as I can see ... Business as usual for some robotech fans if you ask me. And I bet they did not mention that fighter was not a property from harmony gold, did they ? Did they ever mention Big West and Studio Nue ? I guess not ...

Stealing MACROSS designs AGAIN as I can see ... Business as usual for some robotech fans if you ask me. And I bet they did not mention that fighter was not a property from harmony gold, did they ? Did they ever mention Big West and Studio Nue ? I guess not ...

The rational is celebrating everything Macross and Robotech, but mostly Macross, as if they're equally the same thing. Something like an expanded universe for Robotech or something. Back in 80's, yes, in 2009, not really. HG asked for too many do overs for their story.

The only reason I bothered bringing it up was that MEMO had claimed that it constituted a confirmation that Harmony Gold had all the rights to Macross. It gives us enough info to understand WHY there is this widespread misconception that Harmony Gold can do what they want with Robotech's contents.

That's the weird part... NOBODY has come running to MEMO's defense... not even Kevin McKeever. Normally he'd be dancing up and down screaming that Harmony Gold owns all of Robotech like it meant they owned all of Macross as well.

:rolleyes: Nah, really? :rolleyes: That's the same as saying "the sky is blue" or "fish live in water".

Unfortunately, their inability or unwillingness to understand the important distinction between "all of Robotech" and "all of the source materials" is the source of the entire licensing issue in the first place. As near as I can tell, Harmony Gold has NEVER claimed to own all of the rights to Macross.

The rational is celebrating everything Macross and Robotech, but mostly Macross, as if they're equally the same thing. Something like an expanded universe for Robotech or something. Back in 80's, yes, in 2009, not really. HG asked for too many do overs for their story.

Yeah, that's the typical Robotech fan rationale... "Robotech is the be-all, end-all of anime, and oh yeah, if you're bored, there's this big, successful thing that's kind of related called Macross that we think is evil but we steal from at every opportunity".

That's the weird part... NOBODY has come running to MEMO's defense... not even Kevin McKeever. Normally he'd be dancing up and down screaming that Harmony Gold owns all of Robotech like it meant they owned all of Macross as well.

Maybe Bank-of-Kev's got the weekend off...?

And isn't Pizza the Hutt still there, insulting everyone while claiming that everyone's insulting him? (Not that his voice is terribly important in dealing with the subject at hand...but he was shrill enough that I stopped reading the thread after about the fifth or sixth page.)

I think the biggest problem with these kinds of threads is that they start to get bogged down in legalese, and everyone kind of turns off after a while. Maybe that's what's happening here. Certainly it seems like Memo's stopped listening a few years ago... :p

Maybe Bank-of-Kev's got the weekend off...?

Doesn't look like it. Just yesterday he was over in that part of the boards explaining why it takes Harmony Gold so damn long to turn out each mediocre sequel.

And isn't Pizza the Hutt still there, insulting everyone while claiming that everyone's insulting him? (Not that his voice is terribly important in dealing with the subject at hand...but he was shrill enough that I stopped reading the thread after about the fifth or sixth page.)

No... that's one of the weirder things about the thread. Not only did McKeever NOT close it with the "we own everything Robotech" parting shot, when Pizza started a second thread to try and troll, claiming that the use of terms like "Skull squadron" and "protoculture" were proof that HG could use any Macross IP they wanted, McKeever shut Pizza's thread down and told him that if he couldn't debate civilly, he wouldn't be allowed to debate at all.

A "Twilight Zone" moment if ever there was one.

I think the biggest problem with these kinds of threads is that they start to get bogged down in legalese, and everyone kind of turns off after a while. Maybe that's what's happening here. Certainly it seems like Memo's stopped listening a few years ago... :p

Thread would've ended ages ago if MEMO hadn't been convinced that his "discussions" with unnamed "lawyers" using only his hypothetical scenarios wasn't ironclad proof that Harmony Gold can do whatever it wants with Macross. It probably would've just petered out after one or two more posts, after people realized that WB won't be using the original desigsn or derivatives thereof in the movie.

Don't you know? Robotech fans lack any creativity. I'm surprised that fan-booth didn't take Evangelion as a Bioroid or a Gundam as a "new" destroid. :lol:

Doesn't look like it. Just yesterday he was over in that part of the boards explaining why it takes Harmony Gold so damn long to turn out each mediocre sequel.

No... that's one of the weirder things about the thread. Not only did McKeever NOT close it with the "we own everything Robotech" parting shot, when Pizza started a second thread to try and troll, claiming that the use of terms like "Skull squadron" and "protoculture" were proof that HG could use any Macross IP they wanted, McKeever shut Pizza's thread down and told him that if he couldn't debate civilly, he wouldn't be allowed to debate at all.

A "Twilight Zone" moment if ever there was one.

That does sound strange...maybe Pizza's finally hit Robotechfanplus-like levels of obnoxiousness...so much that they HAVE to clamp down on him. Just a guess on my part.

Thread would've ended ages ago if MEMO hadn't been convinced that his "discussions" with unnamed "lawyers" using only his hypothetical scenarios wasn't ironclad proof that Harmony Gold can do whatever it wants with Macross. It probably would've just petered out after one or two more posts, after people realized that WB won't be using the original desigsn or derivatives thereof in the movie.

And his "lawyer" pronouncements aren't going to convince anyone except the already convinced...he HAS to know that. So he's just just making himself look worse by extending the argument, and (correct me if I have the situation wrong) it has the added effect of tearing Robotech X further apart as well, right?

Y'know, I remember a bit more than a year ago, I listened to Space Station Liberty for the first (and last) time, and Kevin McKeever was on there, saying (again and again AND AGAIN) "We own ALL of Robotech" and (more to the point) "It's a great time to be a Robotech fan." Well, I don't know if it's really a great time to be a Robotech FAN or not, but it certainly seems to be a terrible time to be a Robotech SITE.

Don't you know? Robotech fans lack any creativity. I'm surprised that fan-booth didn't take Evangelion as a Bioroid or a Gundam as a "new" destroid. :lol:

Don't give them ideas... they'll do it.

(and some of them already HAVE)

That does sound strange...maybe Pizza's finally hit Robotechfanplus-like levels of obnoxiousness...so much that they HAVE to clamp down on him. Just a guess on my part.

I don't think so... MEMO was excusing his personal attacks left and right because Pizza was the only one buying into his bullshit. It took a LOT for the admins to act on the ROBOTECHFANPLUS issue... mainly a lot of angry complaints about his racist behavior, and several e-mails sent to Steve's everyday-use inbox instead of the problem-reporting one. Pizza hasn't gone that far overboard yet.

And his "lawyer" pronouncements aren't going to convince anyone except the already convinced...he HAS to know that. So he's just just making himself look worse by extending the argument, and (correct me if I have the situation wrong) it has the added effect of tearing Robotech X further apart as well, right?

Yeah, though I don't think he realizes that. He seems to actually think they're valid evidence that Harmony Gold flat-out owns all the rights to Macross.

RobotechX is falling to pieces as a result of MEMO and SIGHUP's unwillingness to put their foot down on the trolls who attack other users and accuse them of being "Macross purist trolls" or tells them they're not real fans whenever anyone criticizes Robotech and/or its creators in any way. Because they didn't act on it in that thread, they continued their little witch hunt outside the licensing thread, and succeeded in driving most of the site's active members away.

Y'know, I remember a bit more than a year ago, I listened to Space Station Liberty for the first (and last) time, and Kevin McKeever was on there, saying (again and again AND AGAIN) "We own ALL of Robotech" and (more to the point) "It's a great time to be a Robotech fan." Well, I don't know if it's really a great time to be a Robotech FAN or not, but it certainly seems to be a terrible time to be a Robotech SITE.

I'd say it's a pretty shitty time to be a Robotech fan... bugger-all's coming out, and there's nothing newsworthy. It's an even worse time to be a Robotech fansite... it's not that the Robotech fanatics are becoming more numerous, it's just that the declining numbers of rational fans are making the fanatics a larger and larger proportion of the fanbase, which in turn drives away more rational fans, and the cycle begins again.

Hmm, fronm all the info given here, I can only come to one conclusion. Memo is in fact Kevin Mckeener, using an alias so he can rile up his fanbase into....paying attention? Who the hell knows.

Jeez, did you really have to waste all the space just to show us a bunch of 1s and 0s. You couldn't just I dunno summarize with just ONE as in 00000001 line?

A job worth doing is worth doing well. (Thats the only time you will hear me say THAT!)

Taksraven

Ok, time to come clean.

My name is Kevin McKeener, aka Memo/aka VFTF1. I don't actually live in Poland. I live in Hong Kong, which is why my prices on Valkyries are so damn good. I moved here and adopted a number of fake aliases; both online and in the real world, to hide my true identity from the Proto-Cult.

What is the Proto-Cult, you ask?

Some of you know the answer, and are probably shocked that I even dared to write the term - but I have been diagnosed with Herpies (although you woul never tell just by looking at me) and am about to turn 31. My life is pretty much over, and I can't go on like this forever. Some ghastly truths need to have the light of day shown on their black horror-filled night. This is certainly one of them.

The Proto-Cult as soom of you know and others wouldn't know unless I told them is a secret society of Honduris based lawyers, who have a front company in Canda and who pull the strings in a world wird conspiracy to foster never ending internet flame wars between people who have never met one another and would otherwise be peaceful and happy friends. The reason they do it? I don't know. I really don't.

I found out about the Proto-Cult, like some of you, when their goons started shadowing me on a daily basis. Yes, the same odd 45 year old, slightly perverted looking men in tenchcoats would "coincidentially" show up on the same bus as me, in the same metro-car, at the same night club. Once, As I was exiting the toilet at a local pizza hut, one such trench-coated old man was waiting to use it as I came out...

Then the internet "spam" comes - although as soon as you start reading it, you realize it's not your usual spam. The letters are filled with personal info about you that nobody could possibly know unless they'd thoroughly spied on you. Ransacking your house, adulterizing your wife, burning your car, tampering with the breaks on your bycicle, or putting a sign on your back that says "Kick Me" - they do it all. Just to let you know they're watching you.

As some of you know - it is only when you discover the Proto-Cult that they come after you. I discovered the Proto-Cult while on a day trip to LA with Shaloom, who was en route to Japan for another brainstorming session with Kawamori about Macross Frontier. We happened to meet at the airport and he noticed I had "Macross Forever" tatooed on my left butt cheek. This got us to talking and he presented me with the Ohnogi interview from the 2007 edition of OtakuFansBoys, the hit underground Japanese otaku magazine that published on one issue before going bankrupt, and the issue just happened to contain this interview where Ohnogi revealed how he had worked on numerous projects related to Macross.

Shaloom seemed to assume that because I had Macross Forever tatooed on my left butt cheek, therefore I was ipso facto a Macross fan. And in my heart of hearts, I was. But, remember, I'm Kevin, not Pete, and I was deeply involved in the production of Robotech III: "Ace of Skulls" (a super production that would have been a multi-billion dollar hit - the script was written, Michael Bay was interested in directing - everything was ready to go, but it fell through in the end). Nobody had ever seen my tatoo before - at least nobody who knew what it meant - if they had - it would have been the end of me.

Sadly, I never realized that the Proto-Cult had been tailing Shaloom, and that through him, they got wind of my butt cheek Macross tatoo. This was the end for me. I had to flee the country. For a time, I lived in a remote South American village and fell in love with a beautiful, innocent virgin. I forgot the cares of the world and birthed six children with her. But then the Proto-Cult got to me. They slaughted the village with bulldozers with machines gun turrets and then cut down the rain forrest.

I was on the run again.

No matter where I went to start over, the Proto-Cult would eventually find me and destroy those I loved and anything I'd built. They were merciless in executing their revenge for my Macross butt cheek tatoo. They figured that it would be better if I were elminated, and my legacy as a Robotech Creator were left unstained by the horrible truth that deep down, I'd been a Macross fan all along. Now, having recovered recently from excessive plastic surgery performed on an oil rig in international waters off the philipines and paid for by taking part in lewd sex acts video-taped for pornography on that oil rig, I have returned to Hong Kong and pass my time as a humble rice merchant. It was at this time I recently discovered my herpies; no doubt contracted on the oil rig - I think I even know who I got them from.

In any case, I itch, and my life is ruined. And it's all because of Harmony Gold.

Long live Macross.

Do your worse Proto Cult!

-Kevin

Ok, time to come clean.

My name is Kevin McKeener, aka Memo/aka VFTF1. I don't actually live in Poland. I live in Hong Kong, which is why my prices on Valkyries are so damn good. I moved here and adopted a number of fake aliases; both online and in the real world, to hide my true identity from the Proto-Cult.

What is the Proto-Cult, you ask?

Some of you know the answer, and are probably shocked that I even dared to write the term - but I have been diagnosed with Herpies (although you woul never tell just by looking at me) and am about to turn 31. My life is pretty much over, and I can't go on like this forever. Some ghastly truths need to have the light of day shown on their black horror-filled night. This is certainly one of them.

The Proto-Cult as soom of you know and others wouldn't know unless I told them is a secret society of Honduris based lawyers, who have a front company in Canda and who pull the strings in a world wird conspiracy to foster never ending internet flame wars between people who have never met one another and would otherwise be peaceful and happy friends. The reason they do it? I don't know. I really don't.

I found out about the Proto-Cult, like some of you, when their goons started shadowing me on a daily basis. Yes, the same odd 45 year old, slightly perverted looking men in tenchcoats would "coincidentially" show up on the same bus as me, in the same metro-car, at the same night club. Once, As I was exiting the toilet at a local pizza hut, one such trench-coated old man was waiting to use it as I came out...

Then the internet "spam" comes - although as soon as you start reading it, you realize it's not your usual spam. The letters are filled with personal info about you that nobody could possibly know unless they'd thoroughly spied on you. Ransacking your house, adulterizing your wife, burning your car, tampering with the breaks on your bycicle, or putting a sign on your back that says "Kick Me" - they do it all. Just to let you know they're watching you.

As some of you know - it is only when you discover the Proto-Cult that they come after you. I discovered the Proto-Cult while on a day trip to LA with Shaloom, who was en route to Japan for another brainstorming session with Kawamori about Macross Frontier. We happened to meet at the airport and he noticed I had "Macross Forever" tatooed on my left butt cheek. This got us to talking and he presented me with the Ohnogi interview from the 2007 edition of OtakuFansBoys, the hit underground Japanese otaku magazine that published on one issue before going bankrupt, and the issue just happened to contain this interview where Ohnogi revealed how he had worked on numerous projects related to Macross.

Shaloom seemed to assume that because I had Macross Forever tatooed on my left butt cheek, therefore I was ipso facto a Macross fan. And in my heart of hearts, I was. But, remember, I'm Kevin, not Pete, and I was deeply involved in the production of Robotech III: "Ace of Skulls" (a super production that would have been a multi-billion dollar hit - the script was written, Michael Bay was interested in directing - everything was ready to go, but it fell through in the end). Nobody had ever seen my tatoo before - at least nobody who knew what it meant - if they had - it would have been the end of me.

Sadly, I never realized that the Proto-Cult had been tailing Shaloom, and that through him, they got wind of my butt cheek Macross tatoo. This was the end for me. I had to flee the country. For a time, I lived in a remote South American village and fell in love with a beautiful, innocent virgin. I forgot the cares of the world and birthed six children with her. But then the Proto-Cult got to me. They slaughted the village with bulldozers with machines gun turrets and then cut down the rain forrest.

I was on the run again.

No matter where I went to start over, the Proto-Cult would eventually find me and destroy those I loved and anything I'd built. They were merciless in executing their revenge for my Macross butt cheek tatoo. They figured that it would be better if I were elminated, and my legacy as a Robotech Creator were left unstained by the horrible truth that deep down, I'd been a Macross fan all along. Now, having recovered recently from excessive plastic surgery performed on an oil rig in international waters off the philipines and paid for by taking part in lewd sex acts video-taped for pornography on that oil rig, I have returned to Hong Kong and pass my time as a humble rice merchant. It was at this time I recently discovered my herpies; no doubt contracted on the oil rig - I think I even know who I got them from.

In any case, I itch, and my life is ruined. And it's all because of Harmony Gold.

Long live Macross.

Do your worse Proto Cult!

-Kevin

Hey,it's just happens that my fathers, brothers, neighbors, cousins, former roommate was a former plastic surgeon who just happens to also work on an oil rig off the Philippines. B))