Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

I don't recall anyone post this before - transformation video of a 'clear' version of VF25.

Clear version is not my choice, but it looks 'interesting'.

1000002740_1.jpg

it actually looks kind of cool, but I'd be terrified of transforming something with that much clear plastic. I can hear all the plastic cracking just thinking about it.

It's not just clear, it's rainbow coated like the canopies of the Yamato VF-1 toys (or so I hear). The idea was to really give it the fold effect. I believe I have one on order and will be doing a full review... after it's released and actually in my position... after I have moved

late as usual... just got my Armored VF-25S.... no biggie QC issues except for a couple tiny scratches where nobody can see 'em, thankfully no scratches on the head. wings don't bend upward too much, pretty much the same as my re-issue Alto.

all i can say is... this is BAD A$$ w/ the armor on! :)

Would you guys pick up the YF-25 Prophecy if it made into a 1/60 DX?

I wouldn't. I'm quite happy with the four main character valks. Then again, I don't have the same OCD (Obsessive Collector's Disorder, in this case ;) ) that some people have about their valks, so who knows?

I don't recall anyone post this before - transformation video of a 'clear' version of VF25.

Clear version is not my choice, but it looks 'interesting'.

Is it me or is there no sound in the video?

***EDIT***

After watching the vid... I must say that I really wished they didn't leave the upper diecast arm parts grey. They should have chromed it out like the intake section or metalized them like the kankles.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Well my order finally arrived today, here are the pics of them (boxed unfortunately as of this posting I had to rush out the door, and could not open them, got called into work, Ill display them later and pose them for pics, also some are Yamatos but what the heck they were in the box together) Unfortunately the SV-51 Ivanov and, 1/60 Roy with Strike Set havent arrived yet.

PS dont knock my camera skills to much I didn't have alot of time.

P1040075.jpg

P1040074.jpg

P1040077.jpg

P1040076.jpg

They will be joining the ranks of the Yamato 1/60 Roy VF-0S w/Ghost , SV-51 Nora, Queadlunn-Rau Miria,

Yamto 1/72VF019A VF-x2, Yamato 1/48 Super & Strike Parts for VF-1 Valkyrie, VF-1S Roy, VF-1A Cannon Fodder, VF-1 Armored Set.

Hey he is also shipping me a small box with a replacement part for the VF-25G set from Bandai themselves, have you guys heard of that? He says they gave one out per every VF-25G that the dealers like him had to use to replace a part that quality control identified as easy to mess up on the VF-25G. He didnt say what part it was other than it was small.

Edited by Sorata

The replacement parts might be the super parts for ozma. They painted the

Hip armor wrong but if he said 25g. ... never heard of it having a problem other

Than different colored plastics and a striped missing on the swing bar.

Edited by Negotiator

The replacement parts might be the super parts for ozma. They painted the

Hip armor wrong but if he said 25g. ... never heard of it having a problem other

Than different colored plastics and a striped missing on the swing bar.

Yeah he said it was specifically for the VF-25G Mikhail Custom.

just got my armored and is it to have paint chips brand new?

or is it just bad quality control, bought from the store btw,

other than that this look amazing, more cooler than the model kit in my opinion

It is possible that it damaged at the factory, or in-transit to the the store, or the store opened it and damaged it.

Well my order finally arrived today, here are the pics of them (boxed unfortunately as of this posting I had to rush out the door, and could not open them, got called into work, Ill display them later and pose them for pics, also some are Yamatos but what the heck they were in the box together) Unfortunately the SV-51 Ivanov and, 1/60 Roy with Strike Set havent arrived yet.

PS dont knock my camera skills to much I didn't have alot of time.

They will be joining the ranks of the Yamato 1/60 Roy VF-0S w/Ghost , SV-51 Nora, Queadlunn-Rau Miria,

Yamto 1/72VF019A VF-x2, Yamato 1/48 Super & Strike Parts for VF-1 Valkyrie, VF-1S Roy, VF-1A Cannon Fodder, VF-1 Armored Set.

Hey he is also shipping me a small box with a replacement part for the VF-25G set from Bandai themselves, have you guys heard of that? He says they gave one out per every VF-25G that the dealers like him had to use to replace a part that quality control identified as easy to mess up on the VF-25G. He didnt say what part it was other than it was small.

Damn! What a haul! I can remember those purchases when I first started collecting. Nothing like coming to the office (and home sometimes once the wife realized I had a new hobby) and seeing a nice huge box from Japn full of goodies! Congrats! You will be happy with all those!

just got my armored and is it to have paint chips brand new?

or is it just bad quality control, bought from the store btw,

other than that this look amazing, more cooler than the model kit in my opinion

I got paint chips on my armored too... at the back of the left shoulder.

I finished my review of the Armored Ozma custom VF-25S:

059d1d38c81f4cdc875329ad27b73858.jpg

Link

Let me know what you think :)

On the DX line in general, it's quite common to have paint chips or damaged Tampo printing brand new out of the box.

i see, also i noticed something like sprue marks... :ph34r:

@anotheran

nice reviews, you should pick up a super pack for alto, seems like he's the only one left out in your collection

Picked up my armored Ozma today and look what I've found...

A left wing that can't really stay horizontal

th_31082009067.jpg

A side panel that won't close properly sometimes on the left leg

th_31082009068.jpg

Paint coming off the right leg

th_31082009069.jpg

And my seller imported it direct from Japan... -_-

Picked up my armored Ozma today and look what I've found...

A left wing that can't really stay horizontal

A side panel that won't close properly sometimes on the left leg

Paint coming off the right leg

And my seller imported it direct from Japan... -_-

Same thing on my wing but I didn't care too much bout it since it's either pegged to the leg in fighter mode or folded back in battroid mode. Guess it won't be good if you're into the gerwalk mode.

Side panel is just loose for me

Paint chipped in various parts

Looks like I got the same batch of armored VF-25S as you!

Link

Very nice review, only way to top it off would be to "Dress up" Alto as well.

Now that we're talking about it again, how come nobody, NOBODY has done that? I mean, the armoured packs for Alto are web-exclusives so not everybody will get them, aren't you the least curious as to how the DX looks and handles with them on, even if parts are yellow instead of red?

Link

Nice review! You've definitely addressed the request for fightermode with the head extension peg on.

BTW anyone noticed that amazon.com.jp is selling Luca and Michael for 9800 and 10100 yen? I noticed when I was looking to order The armored Ozuma. Man....I should have waited since I'm not picking these up from my in-laws till Nov. Too bad those places don't ship overseas. But definitely a lot cheaper than retail at all the guys that do ship overseas.

Very nice review, only way to top it off would be to "Dress up" Alto as well.

Now that we're talking about it again, how come nobody, NOBODY has done that? I mean, the armoured packs for Alto are web-exclusives so not everybody will get them, aren't you the least curious as to how the DX looks and handles with them on, even if parts are yellow instead of red?

Ahem. B))

Aren't there some extra holes in the fighter to accommodate the armer parts (one for the radar, on the back at least)? That might explain the lack of parts swapping.

Edit:

DOH! I didn't refresh the page. Ok, so the holes aren't specifically for the armor then? Now I'm confused...

Edited by mickyg

Alto actually looks pretty good with ozma's armor. i especially like the one you took with the missile pods opened. I was always hesistant about using the included stands but ur pics make it look pretty good

Yeah, despite its daft appearance, the stand is pretty usable - it makes posing the battroid a much less fiddly task as the legs of my armored Ozma aren't stable enough on their own. Just wish the stand allowed you to angle it particularly for the fighter mode.

Hello,

I am very interesting in getting a 1/60 VF-25S or VF-25F, now the question I have is whether the basic models without Fast/Armored Packs come with stands, or is that only for the ones that come with Armored/Fast Packs? Please let me know. Thank You

Twich