Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

So what is this oily finish that I keep reading once every one or two pages? Can it be cleaned off? Will the oil damage/mar the model if left unopened and uncleaned? Is it something they add to the bag in packaging so the paint doesn't come off in the bag?

I have a DX Luca and Mikhail waiting for me in Japan at my in-laws right now. Maybe I'll wait till I bring them back to the states in a few months before opening them instead of unboxing them in Japan and start crying b/c of the bad QC I keep reading about.

Do you guys think the supply of Ozma's will run out? Should I order and Armored Ozma now or wait till Oct/Nov when I visit my inlaws? I still see Luca's and Mikhail's on amazon.jp for order. Too bad they don't ship to the US.

Man....I wonder if my wife will allow me to get one. I'm already in the hot seat for getting a Luca and Mikhail 1/72 model before telling her.

Still wondering, armor aside, how does the new "naked" valk compare to the original release. Anything new/improved apart from the neck and head lasers?

Call it blasphemy, but I find the armor all too fiddly in appearance. I like the clean lines of the standalone valk in fighter. So I'm thinking about picking up the cheaper, non-armored release...

Still wondering, armor aside, how does the new "naked" valk compare to the original release. Anything new/improved apart from the neck and head lasers?

Call it blasphemy, but I find the armor all too fiddly in appearance. I like the clean lines of the standalone valk in fighter. So I'm thinking about picking up the cheaper, non-armored release...

I couldn't find any other improvements at least compared to the 25G or RVF-25 releases. The wings are still curved upwards, the leg position hasn't changed in fighter mode, doesn't look like any changes were made to the crotch locking mechanism so YMMV. I haven't had any problems with that with any of mine, so I probably lucked out. Paint is still shoddy, etc...

So no, other than the tack on neck extension and the straighter head lasers, there's really no improvement cosmetically or otherwise that I could determine.

On an unrelated note, the night I got mine, I discovered that the wing root near the folding hinge on the right side has developed a crack starting from the hinge outwards, if it wasn't there already. Probably due to stresses placed on it by the connection between the peg and the position of the hole in the leg armor or something. It may have caused it to split. The left side seems okay still with no stress marks or anything yet. I've only transformed it once to battroid and back again with armor on and left it like that and I don't think I've mishandled it as I'm pretty gentle with these things. I'm guessing a material defect. I recall another person earlier in ver 5 of this thread had the wing cleanly shear right off with no effort. I hope that doesn't happen to mine over time :(

I worry about the fold hinge too to support the heavy armor backpack too. Therefore my 25S is wearing the super parts instead.

I'll probably display it in fighter mode if I want it armored.

(the model has the sweetest battroid mode!)

The "oily" finish people are talking about is no doubt mold release which many plastic toys have when you get them.

While many toys have it, some don't... Is it because of different materials to be used, or some other firms would take a procedure to clean it? And they don't have to clean it before painting it/ applying tampos? Would that make the paint less durable?

Just want to learn more about the process. Thanks!

Has anyone yet mentioned the latest movie color version? The color is different from the pale blue armor version I/we saw last time. It's now more low-viz. See pic on bottom left of page.

http://www.toyark.com/news/attachment.php?...achmentid=10024

Your link is no good if you aren't a member of that forum.

Now that I know I won't be attempting to get Ozma, can we get any pics of the armour on Alto's DX? Just to see what the upcoming product is going to look like, at least form-wise?

Just for the heck of it, the armour on Michel's wouldn't be a bad idea to showcase as well. Be creative, people!

Ahhhh what the heck the gunpod is now darker too? Why couldn't they have started that on the armored VF-25S......... <_<

Silly boy, how else do you expect them to get your money?

Has anyone yet mentioned the latest movie color version? The color is different from the pale blue armor version I/we saw last time. It's now more low-viz. See pic on bottom left of page.

http://www.toyark.com/news/attachment.php?...achmentid=10024

Not sure if that's actually official color since it looks like if it had a grey filter applied. Can someone translate the text?

Not sure if that's actually official color since it looks like if it had a grey filter applied. Can someone translate the text?

Quick translation -

In accordance with the movie image, the main color of the body is now white with a shade of blue-gray. The red is subdued and the color of the joints are now metallic colored instead of gray. The armor parts will be colored light gray.

Quick translation -

In accordance with the movie image, the main color of the body is now white with a shade of blue-gray. The red is subdued and the color of the joints are now metallic colored instead of gray. The armor parts will be colored light gray.

Nice if thats really the case then maybe I'll consider one.

Now that looks pretty cool. I think the 'baby blue' may have been for a different non-transforming Battroid that Bandai is doing (can't remember the line but I know someone here does). Either that or someone finally chirped up and said 'You know, that blue looks a little sh*t...'. Whatever, I'm definitely tempted, but it's a case of economics for me as to whether I can get this. :(

Hopefully after we get the movie-color repaints out the way (along with maybe the YF-25..?) bandai will finally get round to doing another valk to gouge the hell out of.

I guess the baby blue color they were showing a month ago didn't go over so well?

I'm guessing that it was simply a matter of the movie version colors not yet being final back then. Afterall, I would assume the toy division doesn't choose the colors.