Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Going through the transformation of the VF-27 again, and possibly cause it's my first DX, it really strikes me how sturdy everything is. Easiest transformation to Gerwalk since the chunky monkey. Battroid is a bit more challenging, but I gesticulate my VF-22, VF-19 far more. I guess the VF-11 is comparable in ease of transformation, too. In general, this is making me think of my Yamato Valks more like prepainted and pre-assembled models while this has a distinct Toy-like feel to it.

Anyone else have issues with Gerwalk elbow holding the massive gunpod up? Don't seem to have the issue with Battroid but the elbow definitely starts to droop in Gerwalk but it might be the poses, too. My only real beef is annoyance at the fixed posed Judo Chop hands that are required for transformation. Wish I could at least stow one gunpod gripping fist inside one of the intakes or arms or something, if they're not going to do the flip out thing.

EDIT: there are no signs of the poster here in Hong Kong, or did anyone get it with the VF-27?

All ami ami orders came with them, anime export gave you the option to keep, and I don't think hlj offered em.

Going through the transformation of the VF-27 again, and possibly cause it's my first DX, it really strikes me how sturdy everything is. Easiest transformation to Gerwalk since the chunky monkey. Battroid is a bit more challenging, but I gesticulate my VF-22, VF-19 far more. I guess the VF-11 is comparable in ease of transformation, too. In general, this is making me think of my Yamato Valks more like prepainted and pre-assembled models while this has a distinct Toy-like feel to it.

Anyone else have issues with Gerwalk elbow holding the massive gunpod up? Don't seem to have the issue with Battroid but the elbow definitely starts to droop in Gerwalk but it might be the poses, too. My only real beef is annoyance at the fixed posed Judo Chop hands that are required for transformation. Wish I could at least stow one gunpod gripping fist inside one of the intakes or arms or something, if they're not going to do the flip out thing.

I honestly have the opposite reaction. worrying about the paint, fishing around for swappable hands, having to to do things like swing the entire leg +waist assembly out of the way to get to the arms, having to pull the arms out just to get to the gun latch, that stuff all feels like "model" to me where the transformation was an afterthought or add on.

I still think it's miles above the vf-25 but I still think they have a long way to go to reach parity with yamato

Cool pics. That guy really captured the color in bright lighting. Most of the pics made think the stripes and accents were white so didn't quite understand when Graham said the 'lilac' got scratched (I was thinking he was talking about the base color), but now see that is a good description (or lavender).

Ah, I see you're right Negotiator. I had only taken the right gun hand out so far, but put that on and seemed to transform fine. I used a splayed left hand (to cup the gunpod) and can only see a bit of thumb when transformed. That takes off a point I was holding against it, though it could back with a fury if they warp from being transformed. ;) I'm kinda doubting it, though, we'll see.

Don't get me wrong, eugimon, I am concerned about the paint, but to avoid looking like I've turned into a Bandai partisan, I will say that all my Yammies have far more fine detail and this will probably remain my only DX for awhile (unless I see an Armored Ozma for a reasonable rate - but even then most of the complaints about it have me hoping there will be a movie refresh that doesn't deviate too far from TV schemes and will feature VF-27 improvements).

nice review... i didn't realize it until peaugh mentioned it, but is that "tail" of the VF-27 in battroid really not present in the anime? does the model kit have that "tail" or is it all removable as part of the shield?

post-19-1266992616_thumb.jpg

The tail is supposed to be there.

I still think it would look a bit better if the shield was the tail, but they're being true to the anime and design.

Yeah, I'm using the inner latch. I think it has more to do with the angle on the clip and a bit of play even when the latch is there. Do you have full clearance when your landing gear or down or does the tip drag?

Edited by Uxi

I still think it would look a bit better if the shield was the tail, but they're being true to the anime and design.

Yeah, I'm using the inner latch. I think it has more to do with the angle on the clip and a bit of play even when the latch is there. Do you have full clearance when your landing gear or down or does the tip drag?

one side drags, I prop that side up on the wheel.

I'm curious, how is the leg/foot articulation on this? I know the thighs have their swivel finally, but do the feet pivot enough to let you get a really wide pose, and still stand up? And are the thigh swivels tight enough to do it?

I'm really looking forward to this one, the fighter mode is beautiful. I'm just really glad Amiami has that half off shipping deal going.. before the discount, this box was going to cost upwards of $80 to ship. :blink:

Payment is sent, now lets see if I get it before the end of the week. Maybe not likely, but if they're as fast as everyone is saying, it might happen.

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm curious, how is the leg/foot articulation on this? I know the thighs have their swivel finally, but do the feet pivot enough to let you get a really wide pose, and still stand up? And are the thigh swivels tight enough to do it?

I'm really looking forward to this one, the fighter mode is beautiful. I'm just really glad Amiami has that half off shipping deal going.. before the discount, this box was going to cost upwards of $80 to ship. :blink:

Payment is sent, now lets see if I get it before the end of the week. Maybe not likely, but if they're as fast as everyone is saying, it might happen.

two days once shipped the you will have your shipment from amiami, myyy lucifer was sent onnn the 21 an recieved it on zeee 23 , very fast shipping yes

anybody got the dimensions of the box from amiami? and the box for the poster goes inside the bigger box w/ the Vf-27 in it, right?

Outer box is approx 15x30x52, actual box is approx 8x27x36.

The poster is scrolled up and stored diagonally in a top section of the larger cardboard box.

I like their new improvements, but Im still being held back by the weak paint adhesion on the VF-27. Its good enough to buy now, but I really hate it when paint rubs off on my collectibles, as I try to keep things in pristine display. Also it seems like their ankle lock is quite weak; it seems to repeatedly collapse on itself.

two days once shipped the you will have your shipment from amiami, myyy lucifer was sent onnn the 21 an recieved it on zeee 23 , very fast shipping yes

Still waiting for mine from AmiAmi. <_< Sent EMS Friday...should have it today though according to the tracking Number. Still takes things longer to get to me hear :angry:

I will say that it is MUCH faster than HLJ's EMS. That usaully takes about a solid week.

Chris

I like their new improvements, but Im still being held back by the weak paint adhesion on the VF-27. Its good enough to buy now, but I really hate it when paint rubs off on my collectibles, as I try to keep things in pristine display. Also it seems like their ankle lock is quite weak; it seems to repeatedly collapse on itself.

the ankle locks aren't as tight as the 25's but they'll hold it up if you're just placing the toy down after you pose it, it won't collapse under it's own weight like the vf-0s did (does?)

I wish ami ami gave the option of having or not having the damn poster.

I tried. They told me they couldn't separate it based on the way they are packed, even though I would prefer to not have the poster and ship my VF-27 in the smaller box with SAL. So it cost me another $10-15 to ship it with my freebie...some freebie. :lol:

How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the VF-25, Part 3 (or whatever): the VF-27.

or

Bandai Finally Makes A Thing Correctly.

My VF-27 took 4 days to get here from HLJ. I have no complaints or issues with it at all. The metal (!!) landing gear are long enough and recess smoothly. The color is fine. It holds a pose. It transforms smoothly. The massive beam rifle holds onto a clip that folds out of the fuselage. It's like Jesus, Buddha, and some other guy, probably Howard Hughes or Ronald Reagan, descended from Heaven and made a toy that was worth every penny I spent on it. Sure the gun is long, and it's gonna sag without the other arm to hold it up, but hey, who cares.

In short, every damn thing that was wrong with the VF-25 was fixed in the VF-27. It even makes up for the Macross Quarter's shortcomings.

Are you listening, Yamato? This is how you fix things. I hope your design people and quality control department buy a case of them, take 'em all apart and take copious detailed notes, b/c this is a perfect Valkyrie toy.

Till next time....

Edited by mph2501