Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Speaking of stands or the lack of, I went to Lost and Found toys to order some FlexiDisplay stands and found they had were shutting down the web store :(

Has anyone already spoken to them about how they plan on selling the stands since their site mentioned they wanted to focus on manufacturing?

Crap.

I was going to order the three pack last month and never got around to it.

yes it was a few posts back, same picture, it's a scan from a hobby magazine.

I hope these are not mutilated figures, I mean only torso and no legs, if they're removable they should have legs or it just looks wrong. (actually, I personally never really cared too much about figures)

So this is going to be my first bandai pre-order purchase, through amiami. Is bandai pretty good with release dates? Since this is supposed to be released in a week. Also, is Amiami pretty quick with getting items and shipping them out? Very excited about the dx vf-27.

Chris

So this is going to be my first bandai pre-order purchase, through amiami. Is bandai pretty good with release dates? Since this is supposed to be released in a week. Also, is Amiami pretty quick with getting items and shipping them out? Very excited about the dx vf-27.

Chris

I also have my VF-27 pre-ordered through them and rest assured, AmiAmi, being the biggest online store in Japan, gets their items faster (literally on the day of the release) than practically any other online store, HLJ, HS, BBTS, etc... Thy ship out items pretty quickly and I have had no problems with them. (^.^)

However, they usually wait till all your items are instock for the month before proceeding with combined shipping, I'd recommend you send them a message to request immediate shipping once the VF-27 if you go any other pre-orders this month.

I also have my VF-27 pre-ordered through them and rest assured, AmiAmi, being the biggest online store in Japan, gets their items faster (literally on the day of the release) than practically any other online store, HLJ, HS, BBTS, etc... Thy ship out items pretty quickly and I have had no problems with them. (^.^)

However, they usually wait till all your items are instock for the month before proceeding with combined shipping, I'd recommend you send them a message to request immediate shipping once the VF-27 if you go any other pre-orders this month.

Funny you mentioned that. I just preordered the hasegawa vf-1 kit from them yesterday, got my order number which was different from my dx order which was done over a month ago. Later in the day I got another email showing theycombined the 2 orders. I sent them an email asking them what happens if 1 item is released by the end of the month and the other is not....though they both are stated as late Feb releases, since they have the half off shipping this month. I haven't heard from them yet, though I only sent them the email this morning. Also, I requested the small package parcel thing they have but if the combined order is too big what is the method of shipping that they would use? Ems?

Chris

I've been itching to get the Armored Ozma... is it a good buy or is there a chance of an improved one coming out with the movie?

If you need one urgently, I am afraid the prospects for a revamped version in the foreseeable future seems very low, so you may just proceed with the current one, with known issues and all.

After the release of the DX VF-27, I think I won't look back at the -25s anymore, not sure if you will feel the same.

Ok, so is it better to get the VF25 super set or not?

Cause I'm looking at the one on HLJ and wondering if has the fixes oon it or not.

And yes I understand that it is still not PERFECT, but is it the best DX at the moment to buy.

For the price that Alto custom is going for i'd like to get a better idea before I buy. . .

Its supposed to be the color from the movie has it been touched up or not?

I went ahead and ordered that one, because right now the discount on HLJ makes it roughly the same cost as a V.2 VF-1 with fast packs. I don't care for the pack color as much, but considering how bad their marking system is, I might as well repaint them in enamels.

I literally had one of the SMS markings on one of the rear gear doors on my 25G peel off.. it was like they put the markings on using some sort of rubberized ink, and it rolled up and peeled off in big chunks. I'll probably eventually just strip off all the cruddy markings, and replace them with stickers from the 1/72 kit.. at least I can touch those.

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, it was tampo'd on top of a piece that was painted, so that might explain it.

Why they cast the rear doors on the VF-25G in blue plastic, just to spray them white, I'll never understand.

Makes me glad I ordered a second G kit, so I'll have a lot of extra stickers.

Edited by Chronocidal

Ok does anyone have the movie colored version yet?

If so, does it have all the fixes?

Been lookin' for the final word and all I see are the originals in white tv colors. . .

But I'm really looking for a yea to buy or a nay and skip the HLJ sale.

I'm going to buy the Tornado pack, which will come with the movie color version, then i'm going to compare it to my TV version and make my decision then. I suspect I'll buy the Tornado pack, review it, and then opt to keep my TV Alto with TV Super parts.

Thanx for the insite guys.

I just want to get better version of it if I can.

So I'm looking for white version2 with fastpacks then.

Anybody seen a retailer that may have it?

Personally, I actually like the DX better with the packs on, since the wings actually sit somewhat level.

Aside from that though, the fastpack attachment for the legs just seems.. well, poorly thought out. Even though the packs go on the back of the legs, you don't actually have to bend the legs any (like the VF-1's packs require)... they just kind of droop down so the packs fit, making the legs hang at a different angle. Either the hip joint is just sloppy enough so it doesn't matter, or it's taking some nasty bending stress.

I got the Movie version with the super parts and I'd have to say I really don't like the colors. I was to cheap to shell out the cash for the original valk and then have to hunt down the super parts. it still looks cool, but everytime i see the white valk with the gray armor I wish I hadn't bought the one I did. I am thinking about buying the armored parts for Alto, but I don't know if it would look good with the blue tint of the Valkyrie. Atleast the movie version is cheaper, and the colored S.M.S logo on the display stand is a bonus.

Edited by Crimson9

I got the super alto first this Xmas, didn't know it was tinted blue until I opened it (wasn't so knowledgeable about the DX toys at the time.) Boy was I a little disappointed.

Luckily I was able to get a version 2 at a good price a few weeks later... Then came the VF-25G, the VF-25F (clear), the VF-25S (armored)....

No more DX toys for me though...

I got my VF-25S Armored Messiah today. Out of the box, the paint on the right shoulder is already chipped away. The shoulder joints, especially the one on the right, are extremely tight. I'm disappointed by the way the head does not align properly with the fuselage in fighter mode. Also not pleased by the lack of storage compartment in the shield for the combat knife.

Yes, there are flaws to the figure, but it's not as bad as I had expected. Right now, I'm finishing the panel lines on the unit and repainting the Gun Pod and combat knife to more realistic colors before I begin a pictorial on it.

Now I've got problems with my VF-25S. In only the second time transforming it to Battroid mode, the left hinge that connects the backpack to the upper torso snapped off. I managed to super glue it back in place, but I also discovered two more cracked hinges behind the chest.

Got a photo of the offending area? Not sure exactly where you mean.

Graham

Was told by a shop keeper last night that the VF-27 will start selling in Hong Kong today.

Will check during my lunch break in 2 hours time.

Graham

Yay!!!!!

Hopefully the VF-27 would not fall victim to be a bad QC product owing to the "Pre-Chinese New year" syndrome - when the workers are hurrying back to their home town (village) for New Year, they are prone to perform rushed jobs. The Revy Grendizer is sufferred...

Yay!!!!!

Hopefully the VF-27 would not fall victim to be a bad QC product owing to the "Pre-Chinese New year" syndrome - when the workers are hurrying back to their home town (village) for New Year, they are prone to perform rushed jobs. The Revy Grendizer is sufferred...

Nah, Revys are just crap in general, nothing to do with CNY I'm sure :p

Graham

This is Macrossworld. A single report of breakage of a toy that has been in circulation for a months already and the sky starts falling......LOL!

I had mostly decided not to buy a VF-25, not liking the deviations from... Yamato... level of detail I'm used to seeing, as well as some of the negatives from various reviews. Haven't seen a whole lot either way on the long term durability and all discussion has been confined to a couple monstrous threads (instead of one thread per release, as I might have expected, as well as poll threads) that I have poked in on now and then.

I'm basically waiting for first reports on the VF-27 and if they sound good, I'm likely to jump in since it's my favorite Valk since the VF-22S.