Strike A Pose! V.4 - The Macross Mech Pose Thread

JCSaves

Is a 1/48 worth it?

I may be alone on these forums by stating that the 1/48 scale VF-1 Valkyrie is worth it. Although, I am not sure if these can be posed well. :o

edit: I believe there is a member from Australia who might be able to pose these. ;)

Edited by Wicked Ace

The 1/48 is worth the price of the 1/48 and the 1/60 v.2.0 is worth the price of the 1/60 v 2.0 ...

Get the 1/60. It's more poseable, compatable with all the other valkyrie, has a better sculpt, better hands, and has a removable um...thing like what Hikaru/Roy did at the beginning of SDFM TV.

Pete

The 1/48 is worth the price of the 1/48 and the 1/60 v.2.0 is worth the price of the 1/60 v 2.0 ...

Get the 1/60. It's more poseable, compatable with all the other valkyrie, has a better sculpt, better hands, and has a removable um...thing like what Hikaru/Roy did at the beginning of SDFM TV.

Pete

true but should I buy 1/60 with or with out the super-parts?

You should buy with the Super Parts. Unlike the 1/48 Super Parts, the 1/60 V. 2's Super/ Strike parts hold very well to Valkyries and don't fall off or apart when converting your figure.

yep, Super/Strike parts add-on accessories are a must for any VF-1... and you're going to have a hard time finding any 1/48 SSPs these days and if you do, it'll definitely be overpriced. also, i would advise to make sure you get the newer released 1/60 v2s w/ better assembled shoulder hinges (for peace of mind) and new crotch attachment (for easier transformation and less paint chipping on the metal swing bar)... ;)

I LIKE that one!

thanks... i like it too, lol :lol::p

so i'll repost it here to help populate this page w/ pics...

gallery_8437_264_40534.jpg

yep, Super/Strike parts add-on accessories are a must for any VF-1... and you're going to have a hard time finding any 1/48 SSPs these days and if you do, it'll definitely be overpriced. also, i would advise to make sure you get the newer released 1/60 v2s w/ better assembled shoulder hinges (for peace of mind) and new crotch attachment (for easier transformation and less paint chipping on the metal swing bar)... ;)

How can i tell which verison it is?

Date released, design, texture?

^ is that the DX 1/60 or the 1/72 model kit?

1/60 DX

shoulder - all releases after VF-1D (although my VF-1D seems to be just fine and nobody has complained about theirs...)

crotch - all releases starting w/ the VT-1... (VE-1, VF-1S LV, VF-1J M&M...)

as for the repackaged (w/ penlight thingy) DYRL VF-1Ss w/ SSPs, we won't know for sure until it's released and somebody reviews them... :blink:

some old pics... :)

4164257857_2065417dbc.jpg

4165014880_c4be563ef2_o.jpg

Fantastic displaying skills Miriya!

Thanks ruskiiVFaussie, especially coming from such a genius displayer such as yourself.

Great poses.

Debating on weather or not I should buy a valkyrie or not.

Is a 1/48 worth it?

Reason I ask is b/c Hikaru's weathered VF-1J is calling me.

If you do not have any 1/48 yet then definitely get one. The prices are quite reduced in lots of places. I really love all of mine especially for doing dioramas since there are so many model kits in 1/48 and the train supplies in O scale. The 1/60 V.2 yamato valks are definitely fantastic so if you dont have one of those yet either then those are worthwhile for sure. I would say get both. The size of the 1/48 is really impressive and the sculpt is great. I personally think that the 1/60 v.2 valks have lower leg sections that look too skinny where the 1/48 look nice and manly.

I may be alone on these forums by stating that the 1/48 scale VF-1 Valkyrie is worth it. Although, I am not sure if these can be posed well. :o

edit: I believe there is a member from Australia who might be able to pose these. ;)

:p 1/48's have their limits, but still essential for a macross fan.

the main thing that i now cannot get past is the low hanging arms on the 1/48. Even worse than the seat too far up front on the v.2 1/60, so the v.2 wins easily.

i'm gonna get the 11B for christmas, wait till you see Isamu going off!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Thanks ruskiiVFaussie, especially coming from such a genius displayer such as yourself.

If you do not have any 1/48 yet then definitely get one. The prices are quite reduced in lots of places. I really love all of mine especially for doing dioramas since there are so many model kits in 1/48 and the train supplies in O scale. The 1/60 V.2 yamato valks are definitely fantastic so if you dont have one of those yet either then those are worthwhile for sure. I would say get both. The size of the 1/48 is really impressive and the sculpt is great. I personally think that the 1/60 v.2 valks have lower leg sections that look too skinny where the 1/48 look nice and manly.

Hi, Miriya

Where did you get these miniature pilot and crews? Did you paint them yourself?

Hi, Miriya

Where did you get these miniature pilot and crews? Did you paint them yourself?

The model company Hasegawa makes a lot of different military model kits in 1/48 scale and some of those kits are specifically "crew" kits with just the little figures. It does require cutting, gluing and painting but I got mine from different ebay auctions pre built and painted.

Some of the ground crew sets that I know of are:

Hasegawa 1/48 U.S. Ground Crew A

hsgs1884.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 U.S. Ground Crew B

41EB8W5756L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 U.S. Carrier Crew A

hsgs1886.jpg

And there are other model kits by other manufacturers with crew sets in 1/48.

There is one ebay member named Falconx58 who almost always has super high quality pre painted crew figures up for auction and I would not be surprised if he would do commisions. http://myworld.ebay.com/falconx58/

Also there is a company called VERLINDEN that makes great military and aircraft carrier accessories in 1/48 scale as resin kits. Do an ebay search for "VERLINDEN 1/48". The Carrier Tow is a great accessory.

Also Tamiya models makes lots of great kits in 1/48 scale, some of which may be very usable for a 1/48 macross diorama.

Finally train hobby items in O scale can be a great resource too for finding little 1/48 scale objects for diorama.

Get the 1/60 Max and/or Mira with super parts. You can't go wrong with the Blue Max or the Red Mira IMO....... but the Elint is super sweet as well.

Edited by logos

Two thirds of my Macross Plus collection, hopefully I can get a YF-21 sometime this month. Took a little effort trying to find the sweet spot for the YF-19. The 11 is truly outstanding. B))

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

Quite easy man, just use windows's image viewer to change the direction. then done!

Also saw the Xbox360 joystick.

Well I opened it with Preview (I own a Mac) and I flipped it to the right and then I flipped it back vertically and save the pictures under a different directory and it's still the same.