Star Wars Kid

lebhead

http://www.waxy.org/archive/2003/04/29/star_war.shtml

has anybody seen the video(s) of that "star wars" kid? basically he's just a high school kid in Canada (Quebec, i believe) who taped himself messing around pretending to be a martial arts star. he returned the video camera to his school, but forgot to take the tape out. some friends found it, posted it on Kazaa, and now he's famous world-wide. there have even been special effects added to make him look like he's really a (bad) jedi.

sure, i felt bad for the kid, and still do. but he's been at least partially compensated for his humiliation. waxy.org collected donations to buy the kid a new iPod, and they ended up raising about $4,000 for the kid. so they sent him an iPod and a bunch of gift cards. also, there's a petition to get the kid to have a small part in Episode 3. so i feel a little better about laughing at this kid. also, the kid's parents are trying to sue the kids who published the original video on the net. part of me hopes they win, while the other part of me realizes its just another cruel prank that kids play - although this one did get a little out of hand.

what's the real lesson in all of this? if you video-tape yourself doing something embarassing (whatever that may be), make sure you remember to take out the tape before you return the camera. :p

what's the real lesson in all of this? if you video-tape yourself doing something embarassing (whatever that may be), make sure you remember to take out the tape before you return the camera. :p

Exactly! It also doesn't help that he looks like a complete tool, and in my humble opinion does NOT deserve all that forgiveness. Come on, he deserves to be ridiculed at the expense of others. $4000 and an I-Pod? Heck.....where's my two broomsticks? I feel like doing a little double lightsaber action. :D

Is there a quicktime version of it? WMF is a piece of crap in my machine.

Here's a link for Windows Media Player, SWkid

Keep in mind that his parents are suing the boys who ripped the video for $2 million.

Psychological damage or something.

[EDIT]

Here's a link to the article.

Wah. You make a videotape making a fool of yourself....

....and then get angry when someone HAPPENS to find it....

I'm sorry, you mess up, you deal with it. I'm so sick and tired of people being so sue-happy.

The best part about the Space Ghost Kid parody is that it's Andy Marill, one of the VA's for various Adult Swim shows. (All haaaaaiiilllll Braaaaaak!) :D

And I hope that kid gets laughed out of court....not only he is the one reponsible for leaving the tape were anyone could find it, but it turned him into a high school geek who already gets teased anyway into someone so popular that he gets free gifts. And I'm not really surprised that he's from Quebec. ;)

Edited by McKlown

If anyone deserves to be sued it's that dumbasses' parents. They failed to teach him the principal factor of geekdom: keep it to yourself.

If you go doing stupid things like taping yourself dancing around like a freak then you had better erase that tape or hide it somewhere very secure. This is kind of the same thing as someone taping themselves having sex or committing crimes... and those tapes eventually get out into the public if you are not careful... and let's face it, people who tape themselves shooting pedestrians with paintball guns and fornicating with barnyard animals are not too bright to begin with... add this lardass to that list.

If anything, his suffering should give us all a life lesson: keep your geekness and nerdiness to yourself... it will only hurt you if it gets out in the open. I would rather have everyone I know think I'm just an escaped mental patient than to know the horrible dark truth of how many geekish things I like... :p

OMG!! I could not stop laughing. It's funnier if you watch the original and then watch the ones with all the effects. Sucks that this had to happen to the kid, but he shouldn't have left the tape in the camera! :p:D:lol:

Message to George Lucas.... this is the kind of crap I want as extra on my SW Saga DVD!! B) :p

Message to George Lucas.... Something like this is perfect to throw into that giant black hole of continuity!

Vostok 7

Message to George Lucas.... this is the kind of crap I want as extra on my SW Saga DVD!! B)  :p

Message to George Lucas.... Something like this is perfect to throw into that giant black hole of continuity!

Vostok 7

LOL.... thats Luke and Maras kid... who ran into a blackhole and ended up on earth. :unsure:

Episode I was Citizen Kane when compared to the horror of the Holiday Special. I'm just fortunate I saw it at an age when I was mentally strong enough to cope with the madness. If I'd seen it in 1978 I'd likely have eaten all the crayons in the house before hanging myself from the swingset.

Episode I was Citizen Kane when compared to the horror of the Holiday Special. I'm just fortunate I saw it at an age when I was mentally strong enough to cope with the madness. If I'd seen it in 1978 I'd likely have eaten all the crayons in the house before hanging myself from the swingset.

Interesting... perhpas I should persue this horror. :ph34r:

No, don't. Seriously, you'll hate yourself for it.

I'd definitely recommed against doing that. Paying any sum of money for that abomination will only leave you feeling depressed and confused...and perhaps a little sleepy. Even downloading it isn't worth the bandwidth. And that's before you actually watch it. Believe me, I once thought as you do. I figured I'd see how bad it was "just for kicks" and borrowed a copy. Saying that I forced myself to watch it does nothing to convey just how difficult it is watching this...thing.

It can only be safely viewed in short, 5 minute long segments, and even then it should be viewed through a box with a hole in it, as if you were watching an eclipse. The sound on your TV should remain off, or else the endless segments consisting of nothing but wookiee yowling will drive you to gouge out your eardrums with a rusty fork. Even if you survive that and think you're in the clear, golden girl Bea Arthur sings. :wacko: