Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

I must say Yamato did a great job with the 1/60 ver 1.0 and 1/48 GBP-1S armour; but no doubt the new 1/60 ver 2.0 will be far superior than all the previous releases.

With all the learnt experiences and the better proportioned valk, not to mention I am almost certain the armour design was taken into account when the valk was developed, this new GBP-1S should rock the world!

I could not agree more. It also seems that the valk. will actually be a bit

more stable with this armor and not be hard to display. I do not care for how chunky the 1/48 GBP is at all.

Amazing.

Do you think they tampo printed most of the decals this time?

Or will they make it barren just like the Destroids. Graham?

for a bundle set tampo printing would be nice but for stand alone sets I'd rather have stickers. I like having option for markings and what not.

online translation says that the new gray color for the "camera of the VF-1J head (the eye)" is Yamato's "answer to the demand of the hot fan"... :lol:

so who here prefers the updated gray front part of the visor?

Edited by m0n5t3r

online translation says that the new gray color for the "camera of the VF-1J head (the eye)" is Yamato's "answer to the demand of the hot fan"... :lol:

Me! It justifies me to get the bundled set.

And the grey visor does make the 1J look a bit different. :rolleyes:

Given that I would rush to get a TV 1S for the black arrows in the head, the gray visor is already a bigger difference.

Me! It justifies me to get the bundled set.

And the grey visor does make the 1J look a bit different. :rolleyes:

Given that I would rush to get a TV 1S for the black arrows in the head, the gray visor is already a bigger difference.

oh, so you're this "hot fan" (or more appropriately hot-blooded fan) Yamato was talking about, and IMO rightfully so ;) ... :D j/k

oh well, i might try to sell my 1J like somebody else suggested earlier... if someone bites before Nov. then i guess i'll go for the set. :)

can a VF-1D use this GBP? i wonder...

I think so, since the only difference between with the 1D and newer 1A/J/S is the exchangeable cockpit and head. Not sure about the VT or VE though.

Just hope Yamato will sell the GBP as a separate part to be used on other valks. I don't wanna another white 1J. Got enough of that during my 1/48 collector's days.

Edited by blacklotus

I hope this thing comes with movie style fixed pose hands. the colors already closer to the movie version, and I think the mechanical hands look better with all that armor.

I think so, since the only difference between with the 1D and newer 1A/J/S is the exchangeable cockpit and head. Not sure about the VT or VE though.

Just hope Yamato will sell the GBP as a separate part to be used on other valks. I don't wanna another white 1J. Got enough of that during my 1/48 collector's days.

the chest plate is different on the 1D as well, it cuts straight across and doesn't dip at the neck.

I hope this thing comes with movie style fixed pose hands. the colors already closer to the movie version, and I think the mechanical hands look better with all that armor.

I agree, it needs the movie hands to go with the armors. Do you guys see side covers?

It's so beautiful. I love it and can't wait to have it in my hands..... cz08.gif

If it was a DYRL version in the greyish plastic instead of the bright white, then I would have been cool with it.

But it's fine with me, just a bit disappointed they went with the bright white, especially on the armour as it won't look 100% nice when on the DYRL Valks.

Alas, I'm still sold for it, but not this year. Too many other pre-orders... :(

Aww... only has TV fists. they really need Movie fists.

Looking at the scans, this thing looks a lot smaller proportionally than the 1/48. It'll probably have better possibility, but it doesn't quite look as imposing.

Very nice, Yamato included the "feet covers" this time. The "feet covers" -- very much like the shoulder covers -- improves the overall proportion of the Armored Valkyrie. If you look at the 1/48 version, a majority of the vector nozzles were covered by the leg armors, which makes the feet looking particularly tiny. I like this new 1/60 Armored Valkyrie.

I'm sure a larger scan will surface soon, but you can make out what the parts are here:

60_GBP_Scan.jpg

Thanks for the scan. It's nice to see how the broke out the parts.

Very impressive. Poses are much easier to pull off now, compared to the 1/48 counterpart it seems. Definitely sold.

Side covers at last. :]

I totally agree. Posing will be amazing.

I want to know how there side covers compare to my custom ones :lol:

I am interested in this as well. If they're well made, will you be recasting?

I'm going to be so broke this year :lol:

I hope this bundle comes fully tampo printed. For the armor set only I want it tampoed too except for the modex number (time for army building!!)

That's like $170-180 US :mellow: ......that better be with the VF-1J or that's too expensive :( . I was hoping that this was the armor itself and thinking of something like $60-$70 US for the armor by itself. I already have a VF-1J Hick (that I bought specifically cause I thought they where coming out with an armored version) I don't need another one.

I just don't understand this. I have 3 VF-1s with 5 more on preorder. I don't need another VF-1J and I just want a couple of armor suits to put on the ones I have. Now I have to sulk and hope they bring out the stand alone armor for a decent price. <_<

Edited by logos