Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

Slightly off topic, sorry, but I got a question....Has anybody tried to put the 1:48 GBP armor on a 1:48 VF-1S? I can't ever seem to get the top of the big chest piece to snap on all the way. Am i doing something wrong, or was it only intended to be on a VF-1J??? Any ideas? :ph34r:

and I say looking at that pic the ver.2 wins from the waist down, but the 1:48 still wins from the waist UP!

Edited by derex3592

This looks awesome. The proportions are fantastic. They did a great job.

I have always thought that the GBP made the valk look like a football player. Anyone else?

If anyone has a football helmet that will fit on the VF-1J head I would love to see that.

Thanks Tachikoma81, it is great photos to have the 1/48 and 1/60 together.

Overall, I still think the 1/48 looks better.

But still no version can come close to what it is suppose to be looks like...

vf-1j-gbp.gif

There is no way you can make a transforming toy out of that line art, the line art is totally out of proportion.

V2 GBP-1S rules.

This looks awesome. The proportions are fantastic. They did a great job.

I have always thought that the GBP made the valk look like a football player. Anyone else?

If anyone has a football helmet that will fit on the VF-1J head I would love to see that.

The more common comment is that the GBP VF-1 looks a lot like a hockey goalie. It makes sense either way, a humanoid form wearing bulky pads.

There is no way you can make a transforming toy out of that line art, the line art is totally out of proportion.

V2 GBP-1S rules.

And even then they added larger feet, hands and shoulders.

I still think that this Hasegawa custom is the perfect GBP.

nov02-dh-page2.jpg

But that V.2 will do nicely though because it has a transformable toy inside!!!

And even then they added larger feet, hands and shoulders.

I still think that this Hasegawa custom is the perfect GBP.

nov02-dh-page2.jpg

But that V.2 will do nicely though because it has a transformable toy inside!!!

The scratchbuiltd hasegawa kit looks nice, but again the thigh has been stuff up to make it looks beefy.

The transforming toy in V2 gpb-1S takes credit for that.

I won't get mine so soon so hopefully if someone already have them can post some pictures of the internal armor pieces that show all the pegs and clips? And the other side of the neck cover, side covers etc so atleast we could find out how do these armors work to mount on the valkyrie?

Thanks and happy new year to you all.

Happy New Year to you too!

To those who own the Armored 1J, anything to watch out for? I like the way it looks! The gray visor trim is a nice touch too.

I can't think of anything to be careful about. When I fit the pieces on, my feeling is that the valk is designed with the armor in mind at the very beginning. Things fit so well!

I can't think of anything to be careful about. When I fit the pieces on, my feeling is that the valk is designed with the armor in mind at the very beginning. Things fit so well!

Unlike previous V1, I do agree that V2 is designed to accomodate with all modes, all weapons and armor pieces from the begining.

I still remember that the lame V1 has fastpack that can't be attached on previous release like hikkie vf-1a, craps.

10 years of experience with try and errors make this line a success.

That would be released in Jan next year - oops, it's already Jan 1 here!

Happy New Year every one. B))

Okay, thanks. :)

Explains why I haven't seen it or had any payment requests yet.

Happy 2010 to everyone on Macross World. :D

All this pics really make me drools for my GBP and i ordered a 1/60 mighty stand just for the GBP.. damn i love the missile firing armour pose.

2z3ysfb.jpg

I saw some pics posted in a hongkong forum, i was so amazed by how the author did the exploding armour..

OMG i really need the GBP now!!

More GBP Pics ( HK macross collector blog)

post-1278-1262356641_thumb.jpg

post-1278-1262356654_thumb.jpg

post-1278-1262356666_thumb.jpg

post-1278-1262356677_thumb.jpg

Edited by eyesonme78

so, do you have to use the supplied hands? is there any way to make the DYRL style hands that come with the figures work, or the fists from the 1/48 GBP, or even the articulated hands? (anything but the bubble hands)

so, do you have to use the supplied hands? is there any way to make the DYRL style hands that come with the figures work, or the fists from the 1/48 GBP, or even the articulated hands? (anything but the bubble hands)

The wrist plate is removable, but I think it's an easy mode if you unplug the hands from the wrist plate and use other hand with modification.

I think the 1/48 hand won't look too big on V2.