Official Yamato 1/60 Scale GBP

ff95gj

Have you pre-ordered yet?

The separate set would come with the launching missiles:

This could have been much much cooler. Interesting to see them using the "regular" 1J Hikaru w/o the grey visor.

The launching missiles are "exclusive" for the separate set but not the bundle, if that is what you mean.

DAMN!!!

man, I hate all this web exclusive crap.

Not gonna get the it... one, it looks like ass, it looks like foam and not smoke, like it had a chest full of shaving cream cans that exploded. two, I'm boycotting all web exclusives. I hate the practice.

I agree. I hate this "exclusive" crap too. Except for the clear SP covers. Those are pretty damn cool.

Heh, i probably would have left those launching rockets in the box anyway. The 'smoke' should have been done in a translucent plastic with a whitish/greyish wash over it.

I agree on this as well. Maybe someone out there/here will do a wash on them and make them look so damn good that we change our minds.

DARN!

I hate web exclusives.

ME TOO! :angry:

Does it mean there will be no regular release of the GBP add-on set? In that case Yamato lost a sale of CF 1A to me.

Nah, I'm sure a stand alone set will be released. They probably just want to ensure their exclusive exploding shaving can exclusive sells out.

Nah, I'm sure a stand alone set will be released. They probably just want to ensure their exclusive exploding shaving can exclusive sells out.

You said exclusive 2 times in that sentence. It must be super exclusive. :lol:

Nah. Just jokes. I am sure they will come out with the stand alone set as well. They will make a killing off it, and they know it.

You said exclusive 2 times in that sentence. It must be super exclusive. :lol:

Nah. Just jokes. I am sure they will come out with the stand alone set as well. They will make a killing off it, and they know it.

you were funnier when you were just doing blasphemy. :p

you were funnier when you were just doing blasphemy. :p

OUCH! :p

Blasphemy is a gift of mine. LOL :D

Back to the topic. I am wondering how long it will take them to come out with the stand alone armor? Anyone got a good guess?

Edit - Okay. I just looked at the Yamato site myself. I guess I'm a bit confused. I see this stand alone armor set and then at the end of the photo zoomer pics it has all those shaving cream missile pics. So are the shaving cream missiles exclusive? Are all those pics also for the stand alone set?

Edited by JCSaves

# Private Communication Via Public Forums.

The forums are not a substitute for email or instant messenger. Please use the board's private messenger function or email for direct contact with members.

second warning for you 2.

yeah, i really, really hate these exclusives too... but lately a lot more shops carry them and they're easier to get (just like the spade of MF stuff from Bandai). what sucks is that at MSRP they're already pretty expensive. add the fact that it's an exclusive/limited release, you'd most probably have to pay double the retail price if you live outside Japan. This limited GBP set will likely cost more than a 1/60 VF-1 w/ Super or Strike parts.

i agree that the shaving cream doesn't look great, but i wouldn't mind if it came standard w/ a standalone GBP armor set, in fact it'd be cool. and yeah, some weathering will make the lines come out and it'll probably look better.

I was seriously going to buy the 1/60 GBP, didn't even knew about the launching missiles, but i see this now, so I'm not gonna buy sh!t

So you're saying that you WERE going to buy the GBP before you knew this launching missiles version existed. but now that you do know that it exists as an online exclusive, you're NOT going to buy one AT ALL? And you blame Yamato for this?

:huh:

Edited by anime52k8

So you're saying that you WERE going to buy the GBP before you knew this launching missiles version existed. but now that you do know that it exists as an online exclusive, you're NOT going to buy one AT ALL? And you blame Yamato for this?

:huh:

yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, cause of Yamato stupid exclusives and greed, so I'm not going to give them my money, I know they don't give a sh!t about it but what the hell, I have other things to waste my money at than this stupid "exclusive toys" I gave up a long time trying to have a complete macross line cause of Yamato mess

Edited by Valkyrie addict

The shaving cream just needs a bit of cotton wool to make it look real smoky.... haha...

Hm... so is the standalone pack a web exclusive (complete with the shaving cream missiles)?

Or is there a general release without the shaving cream missiles?

Edited by BlueMax

The shaving cream just needs a bit of cotton wool to make it look real smoky.... haha...

Hm... so is the standalone pack is a web exclusive (complete with the shaving cream missiles)?

Or is there a general release without the shaving cream missiles?

As of right now, the only way to get the GPB without having a VF-1J attached to it is the exclusive.

Heh, i probably would have left those launching rockets in the box anyway. The 'smoke' should have been done in a translucent plastic with a whitish/greyish wash over it.

A Japanese did a good job for the 1/48 scale version of missiles launching out of the GBP by using clear bendable plastic rods, some cotton wool, and a can of red paint. I think I saved the pictures somewhere. Too bad I don't have it on hand. Definitely looks better than this Yamato "Tamashii" exclusive GBP.

Anyway, I still want a pair of mechanical hands. Else, I'm not buying. :mellow:

I am sick of this exclusive BS... Bandai do it all the time, now Yamato too! <_<

Have you tried getting Convention Exclusives? They're even worse. :lol:

And all the Japanese manufacturers do them. Heck, even for REAL cars. I believe the Mazda RX7 in lightning blue colour scheme was a limited colour model for promo with X-Men 2.

Anyway, I'm off exclusives. I'm not paying more than SRP. And even then, I consider myself pretty generous, since all Japanese do get these items at 20% or more off the SRP prices from their local shops. And we don't even get discounts for being loyal customers. <_<

e.g. I just found out Hobbysearch is having a 15% (in stock) to 20% (pre-order) sale for their 10th Anniversary in August. But this only applies to their Japanese customers. No offers or discounts for their overseas customers like me. And to think I buy about US$2000 worth of toys and stuff from them every month. I tried ordering the discounted stuff from their Japanese website and keying in my regular account. It doesn't accept the order, saying that my account isn't Japanese. <_<:lol:

Edited by blacklotus

It could have made better I agree; still I think it's okay if it's a regular item. I would actually buy multiple of them if so.

But as non Japanese resident, the web-exclusive items are crazily inflated and I need to consider if I am going to get one.

This is one exclusive that I dont' even care about. I think the best explaination was cotton balls exploding with cigarette tips or somethin to that nature. Anywho, the exclusiveness of these parts are disappointing to say the least. No lost on my part at least. If you're going to make something truly exclusive make somethin iconic like Hikaru elevating out of the VF-1D trainer! Ya listenin' Yamato! HUH? HUH? HUH????

Edited by MacrossMan

A Japanese did a good job for the 1/48 scale version of missiles launching out of the GBP by using clear bendable plastic rods, some cotton wool, and a can of red paint. I think I saved the pictures somewhere. Too bad I don't have it on hand. Definitely looks better than this Yamato "Tamashii" exclusive GBP.

Anyway, I still want a pair of mechanical hands. Else, I'm not buying. :mellow:

Do you have picture of it?

I've seen couple dudes did it with cotton and actually look much better and realistic with the correct amount of cotton.

I hate the exclusivity and I hate Yamato for doing that.

I'll pass on this.

Sheesh.... actually I'm still okay with the shaving cream missles being exclusive, but I can't believe that they'll make the standalone GBP-1S in general a web exclusive!

If we are living in japan, I guess it is no big deal.... but too bad we gaijin just aren't their intended market....

Graham-sama: Please help to feedback to Yamato not to make things difficult for us gaijin fans than it alrady is! Onegai Itashimasu!

I don't mind the look of this so much, it would make a nice display piece, imo. I'd probably get one if it didn't cost a mint. I can understand why some would want some more 'texture' to it though...

I'm willing to bet we eventually see a standalone GBP eventually. Too much money to be made for just stamping out more of an established mold.

Edited by hutch