Summer 2009 MW Bay Area Meet in SF Japantown

aw, boo. was looking forward to meeting you.

Same here.

Even though my department is closing in less than two months and I will be out of a job, I still can not miss a day of paid work right now. I have used all of my sick days and paid vacation time too. I was looking forward to this and it is SO CLOSE to me it is a bit insane but with the schedule with my son and all that I can not do any day swaps.

Sooooo Take lots of pictures and post them up here. I am sure you will have a great time. I will be stuck in Santa Cruz choking on forest fire smoke and trying to close my department down. :huh:

Alright folks. Today is the day!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Duckie81 and me will be at the pagoda around 2pm.

BTW. I'm Mar. B))

Edited by UN Spacy

Good times yesterday.

We WILL do this more often.

...and my apologies for underestimating the power of the otaku. I didn't know that pagoda area would be PACKED. <_<

Edited by UN Spacy

I wish I had taken more pics.

Oh well. There's always next time. :mellow:

Pic #1 - MW'ers having lunch at Juban

Pic #3 - (from L to R) me, MyClone (thx for the Valks), Agent ONE, and Mercurial Morpheus.

Pic #4 and #5 - mac666er brought the holy grail of all Macross books.

Now who has that group shot?

post-31-1250662851_thumb.jpg

post-31-1250662875_thumb.jpg

post-31-1250663001_thumb.jpg

post-31-1250663029_thumb.jpg

post-31-1250663166_thumb.jpg

Group Pictures Are UP!!

Before I forgot, here's the pictures of the group gathered out in front of Juban Yakuniku in San Francisco's JapanTown this past Saturday.

Thanks goes to Rob Miles for taking the picture so I could be in it (Yeah, I realized I wasn't smiling. I guess I was really tired.), and thanks for my camera not crapping out.

I'll mirror this on my own photo site and my Flickr page as well. (Will update with links when they're posted there.)

Until the next meet-up....

post-11237-1250828357_thumb.jpg

post-11237-1250828505_thumb.jpg

How about another meet in early October?

San Jose Japantown? But this time we don't have to worry about large crowds or parking meters.

We can also bring more items to share with each other. What do you guys think?

I wonder why it took so long to organized a Northern Cali Macross World Con. I mean, I used to live up there and would have loved to joined my fellow MWers. And though I feel that having one in SF seems like a cluster fuk, I wouldn't mind checking in one of those oriental massage parlors afterwards.

Hmmm..... I recognized a familar face from the group pic. You know who you are damn it!