Summer 2009 MW Bay Area Meet in SF Japantown

...only 20% have responded.

C'mon folks. Don't wait until the last second to make up your mind.

UN Spacy, are you heading up this MW meet in the bay area? Do you have a head count of how many people are going? i could send you some stuff we have leftover from MW Con like some coasters for your meet. PM me if you want some

Done compiling the info....it looks like we're gonna have a pretty big turnout.

If any of you guys keep in contact with the folks that haven't responded. Please let them know about this thread and that we've got two weeks left.

ATTENDING (? = UNSURE)

anime52k8

Ginrai

MyClone

Valkfan

Agent ONE

Valkyrie23

duckie81

sharkm

mac666er

yellowlightman

Mercurial Morpheus

J A Dare

danth

UN Spacy

Britai7018

rnurmin?

Torii?

Knight26?

Dax415?

Chuey?

miriya?

eugimon?

NOT ATTENDING

Fortress Maximus

jenius

grapetang

Flaming Guantlet

Garou Kuroryuu

bluemax151

Valkyrie Hunter D

singtao

NO REPLY

Baldrick

Chewie

connor99

Einherjar

EganLoo

F360°

fansubs2000

fokker special

FOKKER007

GDomino

gerwalk25

goldenboy_forever

KingNor

nismoflip

Posse Comitatus

question

rusted180

sidearmsalpha

Tekkaman Blade

to177

VF-1Guy

Edited by UN Spacy

Dudes hit a club, even if it is only a comedy one! SF has some great night clubs.

pub is good. Why let a comedian do all the talking when you can get together and finally talk face to face.

You guys should discuss which day would be best for everyone to do a mass migration down to MWCon 2010... right now were looking at the beginning of Fall.

I wouldn't mind bringing one or two things to share.

But let's keep it reasonable, as transportation and storage problems might arise.

So, does this mean bringing toys for trade or sale is discouraged?

Looking forward to the event regardless.

Thanks,

--MyClone

Mercurial Morpheus said:
ANN reports that Yoshitaka Amano will be appearing at the opening of the J-Pop center from 4-6pm. This day's getting sweeter. MacrossWorld Gathering, Amano's appearence, and Ron Dias at the Cartoon Art Museum.

Oh just fabulous. I can already imagine the appearance of fangirls in "Amano" style FF get ups lol.

Edited by bluemax151

Oh just fabulous. I can already imagine the appearance of fangirls in "Amano" style FF get ups that's basically just an excuse to look like drag queens lol.

There was an amazing resurgence of FF style costumes a few years back, indeed. Whether they'll be any there, who knows. I'm definitely checking it out.

Busy, Busy day. I just wish I weren't heading to Vegas the next day. Would free up funds a bit more.

The J-Pop center is still under construction (in the distance of the first shot).

Just happened by Japantown this afternoon and the Nihonmachi Street Fair

was going on. Minor contingent of gothic loli's congregating to get some guy's

autograph (HAKUEI?).

Hope they finish by the time you guys meet up. Have a good time anyway! :)

post-1887-1249880598_thumb.jpgpost-1887-1249880613_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Hmm... maybe I should've said that the building looks complete but empty.

There are no signs, displays, merchandise, etc. visible...

Edited by grapetang

It's more of a "bring what you feel like carrying" sort of thing. Remember that this is a meeting in a public place.

You normally do your trading in smoke-filled back rooms? :)

But I gotcha. With any luck, I should be able to bring a few small giveaways. Anyone else have the same idea?

Best,

--MyClone

The J-Pop center is still under construction (in the distance of the first shot).

You've got to love working until the deadline. Every site lists it opening the 15th. http://bayanime.com/new-people-grand-openi...town-15-aug-09/

I'll be bringing Shadow Member Raider3. He's regged, but doesn't even lurk. Dick Hunter might show up depending on how long the Dr. Steel Global Invasion in Golden Gate Park lasts.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Just got back from Japantown... there are posters everywhere for the JPOP summit... I'm guessing regardless of the Jpop center opening or not there will be some sort of fair/festival.

oh and finds... kinokuniya has the Macross Frontier Archives (model pics with some large lineart pics inside) for $32 and I picked up Macross F drama cd #4 for the cool box it comes in... Macross chronicle up to #26. the japan toys store on the other side has the 1/72 ozma armored, but i don't remember the price.

I'm coming for sure, but I don't know how late I will be staying. My mom's birthday so need to get to the east bay for dinner. Will definitely be around for a couple of hours at least. I'm a tall skinny dude with curly brown hair and will probably be wearing my black VF-1S T-shirt. Do we wanna like exchange some phone numbers or something?