Save

Macross Sitajiki (pencilboard)

Will be posting up a few more later. I actually do know what they are made for but when I first saw them I just thought they were over sized trading cards.

post-3328-1247029140_thumb.jpg post-3328-1247029154_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1247203089_thumb.jpg post-3328-1247203106_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1247203119_thumb.jpg

Just noticed I spelled Shitajiki wrong.

Edited by Save

Will be posting up a few more later. I actually do know what they are made for but when I first saw them I just thought they were over sized trading cards.

You're probably in the majority in your initial assessment: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27099 . As far as I know, it's still a "card poster" to thegunny. Though, if you're collecting them, they basically are over-sized trading cards.

I have a few myself; maybe I'll try to post 'em when I've got the time.

Edited by veffidas

could you explain what they're use for? (honestly don't know)

You're probably in the majority in your initial assessment: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27099 . As far as I know, it's still a "card poster" to thegunny. Though, if you're collecting them, they basically are over-sized trading cards.

I have a few myself; maybe I'll try to post 'em when I've got the time.

I still see you don't get out much. You really should, the real world isn't all that bad.

could you explain what they're use for? (honestly don't know)

The Wikipedia link is useful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shitajiki .

I still see you don't get out much. You really should, the real world isn't all that bad.

Well, the real world is pretty much only concerned about Michael Jackson's death right now, so I'm probably not missing too much. :rolleyes: (There's also the Honduran coup, Obama's renewed Russian relations, etc., but MJ still pretty much has taken the cake recently.)

I'm shocked that a man of your knowledge hasn't suggested this site

Pencil board

I didn't want to bring up Pencilboard.Net since it basically has all that we could ever post already listed in its archives. The Macross section is perhaps too extensive. :p

Added some more, Pencilboard.Net does have allot. I'm still guessing there are some other there they don't have.

Edited by Save

I'd say so as the site hasn't been updated in a while.

If you're going to talk about Macross Frontier stuff, i.e. anything produced after it stopped being updated, it's not going to have it. However, for, say, Macross TV/DYRL, it's probably around 95-99.9% complete. (I'd say there might be a couple IMAI or ARII ones that are essentially advertisements for their products that aren't specifically Macross, but the ones specifically for Macross are essentially covered.)

Edited by veffidas

I wasn't sure if these belonged here or in the modern trading cards thread... these are medium sized plastic cards for the Macross Frontier movie. I think some shops have it listed as "Visual Bromide", but I'm not sure what that means or if its a fuzzy translation. They came in individual plastic sleeves and can be purchased by the box-set or in vending machines (I think).

Theres also a regular set for the series, but I can't get to those right now...

post-777-127947126027_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947126481_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947126877_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947127307_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947127709_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947128228_thumb.jpg

post-777-127947129417_thumb.jpg

I recently got ahold of a couple of more. Here's my entire collection (Pictures of front and back)

post-13253-129438863763_thumb.jpg post-13253-129438865723_thumb.jpg

post-13253-129438867403_thumb.jpg post-13253-129438870387_thumb.jpg

Edited by Char350

"SD"F MACROSS!!!........aka "SUPER DIMENTION FRORTRESS"!!!!! :)

gallery_12176_640_557649.jpg

gallery_12176_640_1046449.jpg

gallery_12176_640_34367.jpg

gallery_12176_640_1309417.jpg

gallery_12176_640_393882.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

Since someone already posted their Takatoku Toys shitajiki and this thread has not had any love in almost 4 years...I'll post something new...

Old-school ARII shitajiki

large.20181007_214300.jpg.a4fa30bcb6e089

large.20181007_214308.jpg.9743da796320b3

They are nice, but I sold off most a few years back.  I may have a few more left but never have the time to look for them.  I will probably just hold onto the IMAI/ARII/TAKATOKU shitajikis

I have a bunch of these in my collection from Macross and other series. I never understood the use and got them for the artwork to display.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:37 AM, jvmacross said:

There called "pencilboards" for a reason....:rolleyes:

Yeah but over here we would just use a notebook or desk. Why use something like that with good artwork? And the ones I have aren't that sturdy either.

7 hours ago, JetJockey said:

Yeah but over here we would just use a notebook or desk. Why use something like that with good artwork? And the ones I have aren't that sturdy either.

That's just it....when produced they were not intended for "over here"....thus your confusion on their practicality 

These were meant for grade school kids....they were meant to be mass consumables not cherished treasures....

20 hours ago, jvmacross said:

That's just it....when produced they were not intended for "over here"....thus your confusion on their practicality 

These were meant for grade school kids....they were meant to be mass consumables not cherished treasures....

What grades would you consider grade school?

Not yet, but I will have some time this summer.  I'll PM you some pics as soon as I have some stuff to show you.