Latest custom.

Kurt

Awesome job. I love the subtle- I'm guessing- post-shading on the panel lines. Are you airbrushing extremely thinned wash over the washed panel lines and then coating it with a satin coat? The line wash keeps the orange from being big blotches of color. It's not too overdone like with the Weathered Yamato 1/60 V2's coming out. IMHO, they look awful. I would have had you do the weathering on the Valk's and then sold them. If you don't mind me asking, could you describe your process? It's just perfectly spot-on.

Edited by MR_Hyde

No shiets EXO! Got a case of them but we want to see his fine weathering skillz on them than Yamato. Which I think looks way better than Yamato.

I got news for you again... the new 1/60s are from YAMATO also!!!

:D

Thanks guys.

How many 1D's? I am not sure, I will have to count them up...seems like hundreds...lol

The shading you see is pre-shading. I prime, pre-shade, paint, oil wash the lines, dry brush the details and maybe a little post shading.

All paints I use are acrylic, except the oils for washes and drybrushing.

Do the acrylic hold to chipping? And do you apply varnish coat when once done with the weathering?

The paint is going to be much more fragile than the stock paint. As for holding up someone who has a custom that I did will have to chime in. There are actually three "varnish" coats. Two with Future floor polish and a final flat coat.