New Gundam AEUG vs Titans game!!!

Hoptimus

Sweet! After a friend loaned me The 08th MS Team, I got back into Gundam and picked up Federation Vs. Zeon on a whim... what a great whim that's been! It was the only game I bought since Megaman Network Transmission that I really enjoyed this summer (thank God Soul Calibur II comes out this week). But my only gripe about it was that the best mecha in the game looked so... old. I really wanted to play as some other Mobile Suits. A new Gundam game with mecha from Zeta Gundam works well for that, but I have to admit that I'm a little dissapointed that they skipped over Stardust Memory. I hope that if there's a third in the series, Char's Counter Attack isn't similarly overlooked, because Nu Gundam is my favorite UC Mobile Suit.

Anyone know if Capcom is working with Bandai on AEUG Vs. Titans the way they worked with Bandai on Federation vs. Zeon?

While I enjoyed Fed vs Zeon I liked Journey to Jarbaro better even if the control was difficult. THis looks good, and if it comes here I'll probably get it. I bet it will be delayed since Zeta has been delayed here. I think they are dumping Zeta to put SEED on next year anyway.

There needs to be a sequel to Zeonic Front. That was a cool game.

I hope they do away with that "friendly fire" crap or revamp ally AI. I played a mission on the Zeon side, were you and an ally attack Federation forced on Side 7. I picked a Gouf, and I assigned a Zock to my ally. As I usually do with a Gouf, I charged the enemy mobile suits to get close enough to use my Heat Rod. My ally always seemed to zero in on whatever enemy I was charging, reguardless of how many other targets their were, and I swear it shot me more than it shot the enemy.

I just hope there are some unlockable suits, GP-01, or mayve the Alex :). You know the PS2 version will have the good ol' RX-78-2 as an unlockable

I doubt it. The G4 and G5 are already going to be in.... unless they plan on putting the Sentinel FA RX78.... I don't see why they would put it in. :ph34r:

I hope they do away with that "friendly fire" crap or revamp ally AI. I played a mission on the Zeon side, were you and an ally attack Federation forced on Side 7. I picked a Gouf, and I assigned a Zock to my ally. As I usually do with a Gouf, I charged the enemy mobile suits to get close enough to use my Heat Rod. My ally always seemed to zero in on whatever enemy I was charging, reguardless of how many other targets their were, and I swear it shot me more than it shot the enemy.

You do realize that you can set the AI behavior to avoid things like that? Just set it to "far".

I hope they do away with that "friendly fire" crap or revamp ally AI.  I played a mission on the Zeon side, were you and an ally attack Federation forced on Side 7.  I picked a Gouf, and I assigned a Zock to my ally.  As I usually do with a Gouf, I charged the enemy mobile suits to get close enough to use my Heat Rod.  My ally always seemed to zero in on whatever enemy I was charging, reguardless of how many other targets their were, and I swear it shot me more than it shot the enemy.

You do realize that you can set the AI behavior to avoid things like that? Just set it to "far".

Or... you can be good enough and not be bothered by it. Seriously... I played the DC version, had no clue what was going on, and my allies still didn't get in the way. I guess besides dumbing down the graphics.... I guess Bandai dumbed down the AI too for the PS2. <_<

Although I never got the chance to pick up Federatiom vs. Zeon. I've heard Bandai is going feature a lot more space missions (which sounds great to me). What were the shortcomings in the first game? I hope they've had a chance to improve over an already GREAT game. B)

Or... you can be good enough and not be bothered by it. Seriously... I played the DC version, had no clue what was going on, and my allies still didn't get in the way. I guess besides dumbing down the graphics.... I guess Bandai dumbed down the AI too for the PS2. <_<

Yeah, I never even knew about the allied-command thing until a few months ago. Played fine without it. Were the PS2 graphics actually worse than the DC graphics? I've never seen the PS2 version. Although I wish the DC version had two player mode. :(

I can't wait. While I did enjoy Federation vs. Zeon I actually enjoyed the style of Journey to Jarbaro far more. The way the story was told with animated cut scenes, the way the missions were set up, controls, the extra levels afterward were more fun then Fed vs. Zeon. Zeonic Front has a really good style and feel to it that I enjoyed. In my opinion at least. At least there is Encounters in Space.

Edited by Effect

I hope they do away with that "friendly fire" crap or revamp ally AI.  I played a mission on the Zeon side, were you and an ally attack Federation forced on Side 7.  I picked a Gouf, and I assigned a Zock to my ally.  As I usually do with a Gouf, I charged the enemy mobile suits to get close enough to use my Heat Rod.  My ally always seemed to zero in on whatever enemy I was charging, reguardless of how many other targets their were, and I swear it shot me more than it shot the enemy.

Maybe so. In the PS2 version, the AI goes out of its way to block every one of your shots!

Now, one thing I'd love, is a VS version of Zeonic Front. The good graphics, realistic action, and big environments would be a lot of fun against another human insted of an AI that cheats.

Edited by Commander McBride

Yeah, I tried that. But, my ally was a Zock... he (or maybe she) kept plugging away from afar with those beam weapons, nailing me in the ass all the while. Yeah, I never played the Dreamcast version, just the domestically released PS2 version, but the ally AI had serious problems. Whenever I'm in trouble, my allies are nowhere to be found, and whenever things are fine and I'm going for a Newtype Rank, my allies switch targets to hurry up and pick enemies off before my shots reach, just to lower my accuracy. And personally... I don't think they listen to those commands you can give them. Unless things are really hairy, I try to tell them to "Hide," so they'll get out of my way. 10 seconds later, they're right behind me, trying to hit the target I'm after, and pegging me more often than not. Yeah, ally AI needs some fixing.

Something else they should fix? Melee combat. I lost count of how many times I knocked an enemy down, moved in for the kill with my melee weapon, and somehow the enemy puts away it's gun, draws it's melee weapon, and bludgeons me with it.

I didn't dread the space missions, but they certainly weren't as fun as the ground missions. Space just felt... akward to move around, I guess. But they really weren't that bad.

I really hope they're more selective about how much and when they use music from the anime. I haven't seen Zeta Gundam to know what the music is like, but I do know that first Gundam's music was lacking at best, and the vocal tracks were terrible. And not only did Federation Vs. Zeon use the series' vocal tracks, but it used them in like 15 missions in a row, and they were always long missions so that the song had two loop two or three times per mission.

Yeah, I never even knew about the allied-command thing until a few months ago. Played fine without it. Were the PS2 graphics actually worse than the DC graphics? I've never seen the PS2 version. Although I wish the DC version had two player mode. :(

The PS2 graphics were garbage.... seriously. They were really bad.

The DC port of Fed vs Zeon was as close as you can get to the arcade original.

The PS2 port's graphics looked really bad. The transparency was bad, so were the effects. Its only redeeming qualities were the dozens of missions and extra MAs that you get to unlock.

Effect: if you thought Journey to Jaburo was good (it plays more like a Ford Pinto), you ought to pick up Lost War Chronicles. The idiots at Bandai America decided to release that lame-o "Gundam Battle ASSault 2" instead of this gem, which plays like a Porsche compared to J2J. Having 0083 mecha like the GP01 and Xamel you can unlock as playables sure doesn't hurt any. There were also tons more stages/maps compared to the 3 in J2J's Tactical Battle mode, plus a bigger cast of original characters instead of the same briefing officer you see in J2J.

I'll grab this I'm sure. That's just because I'm a Gundam fiend.  :blink:

hahaha, same here,i love gundam :wub: , WHY CANT THERE BE A CHARS COUNTERATTACK GAME!!!! ive seen pics of one for PSX, but havent been able to find it anywhere.<_< this game will have to due untill i get my CC fix :huh: , it looks quite good but ive seen almost all gundam games have issues with control and gameplay. id like a GOOD control for once. and some good space gameplay and a playable Huyaku-Shiki ;)

//Dan..

[EDIT] some spelling and took some of those damn dirty emoticons away [/EDIT]

Edited by Sazabi

I'll grab this I'm sure. That's just because I'm a Gundam fiend.  :blink:

hahaha, same here,i love gundam :wub: , WHY CANT THERE BE A CHARS COUNTERATTACK GAME!!!! ive seen pics of one for PSX, but havent been able to find it anywhere.<_< this game will have to due untill i get my CC fix :huh: , it looks quite good but ive seen almost all gundam games have issues with control and gameplay. id like a GOOD control for once. and some good space gameplay and a playable Huyaku-Shiki ;)

//Dan..

I think the lack of a good CCA game is the shortage of mecha. I mean, you have: Nu, Re-GZ, Jegan, and GM III. For NZ, you have Geara (and commander's type), Jagd (2 versions, too), and Sazabi. That's 9 mecha. Compare that to FvZ: Ball, GM, GM [G], Gundam [G], Guntank, Guncannon, Gundam, G Sky, G-Bull, G-Fighter, Zaku I, Zaku II F, Zaku II S, Gouf, Acguy, Gogg, Z'gok, Z'gok S, Zock, Gelgoog, Char's Gelgoog, Zeong, Bigro, Grabro, Zakrello, Braw Bro, Elmeth, Big Zam, and Adzam. That's 29 Mecha, and after a while, those get boring. Plus, CCA had about 2 battles in it, as opposed to the numerous major and minor battles in MSG.

The DC port of Fed vs Zeon was as close as you can get to the arcade original.

The PS2 port's graphics looked really bad. The transparency was bad, so were the effects. Its only redeeming qualities were the dozens of missions and extra MAs that you get to unlock.

Effect: if you thought Journey to Jaburo was good (it plays more like a Ford Pinto), you ought to pick up Lost War Chronicles. The idiots at Bandai America decided to release that lame-o "Gundam Battle ASSault 2" instead of this gem, which plays like a Porsche compared to J2J. Having 0083 mecha like the GP01 and Xamel you can unlock as playables sure doesn't hurt any. There were also tons more stages/maps compared to the 3 in J2J's Tactical Battle mode, plus a bigger cast of original characters instead of the same briefing officer you see in J2J.

The MAs are unlockable in the DC version of the game. The only thing missing was the Mission mode that was only present in the PS2 version.

I'll grab this I'm sure. That's just because I'm a Gundam fiend.   :blink:

//Dan..

If this keeps up... the next game will be called "AUEG vs Axis" and then "Rempu Vs Neo Zeon" for sure!

Theres a pattern here. To add MSs to a CCA game they would have to add variations and probably side stories too.

I think the lack of a good CCA game is the shortage of mecha. I mean, you have: Nu, Re-GZ, Jegan, and GM III. For NZ, you have Geara (and commander's type), Jagd (2 versions, too), and Sazabi. That's 9 mecha.

Yeah, it is a factor. The PS version was able to sidestep this (a bit) by having flashback episodes to the original series, which I might add was really cool, as the improvements to the series by that time really made it nice to see the old boys again. I am a bit torn about which old control system I like better though. Between the PS releases I like Zeta for having more of a feeling of what I think it'd be like to pilot a mecha, but CCA's slightly arcade-tweaked contol made for a fun "beer & Pretzels" vs. game.

That makes me think, what I'd really like is AEUG vs. New Desides!

Thats would be quite an incomplete game then. It would be basically you watching a battle. The only thing the AUEG did in that incident was supply the MSs and the flagship. Crew and pilots were from the Federation.

As far as CCA goes.... releasing it as a Journey to Jaburo type game would be the way to go. A story driven game is better suited for it. And besides... with no land battles.... would anyone be able to take a game based entirely on Feds vs Zeon flawed space module? <_