The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

I love he's this Malingering, codependent psychopath who violently murders people and feigns physical disability to garner sympathy and compassion. :p

LOL! I was thinking more along the lines of him not being such a punk, but ok. :p

Seriously? Another Transformers movie?

I guess the movie toys do sell well.

The sales of the toys aren't driving the production of these. The movies make enough coin on their own for Hollywood to make sequels.

-b.

Yeah if i remember the craptastic Revenge of the Fallen was close to making a billion and that had nothing to do with the toys what so ever. Especially considering that most people that see the movies don't buy the toys.

Yeah if i remember the craptastic Revenge of the Fallen was close to making a billion and that had nothing to do with the toys what so ever. Especially considering that most people that see the movies don't buy the toys.

Yup, RotF made nearly 840 million worldwide. DotM looks bigger, better and it has the 3D component. While I'm not a huge 3D buff, the tickets cost more, and it looks like you can only go 3D with IMAX, which means a percentage of ticket sales will rake in more money. The only reason I could see this movie not doing better or cracking the 1 Billion mark is because 2 left a bad taste in plenty of peoples mouths. I personally liked 1 and liked many aspects of 2, so going to see this is a no brainer for me.

The only reason I could see this movie not doing better or cracking the 1 Billion mark is because 2 left a bad taste in plenty of peoples mouths.

Who?

It didn't make almost a billion dollars in a single night or even in a short enough time span that could account for people having seen it by mistake before having heard it sucked or was terrible.

For every original TF fan out there who pisses themselves every time something goes outside of canon, there are <pick a number> people who couldn't care less but enjoyed it.

"The 30 or so of us who actually contribute to the TF threads hated it, <insert random reviewer or site that> hated it, that MUST mean the rest of the world did too!"

Am I missing something?

I consider my self as one of the 30 or so.... I didnt hate it but there were several parts where I thought WTF and WHY!!!.

That said I'd watch still every now and then. I just skip those sections I hate... University scenes for example, totally not needed IMO.

Lol hahaha, but in all fairness with that being said the Transformers trailer at least shows a lot more action than SW:TPM trailer. If this film can wipe Revenge of the Fallen from my memory then it is at least a decent if not good film IMO.

For those of you that think a movie will be great because its trailer looked dark and epic, I remind you of this...

That doesn't make it look epic, it makes it look as boring and shitty as it turned out to be.

Edited by anime52k8

I didnt hate it but there were several parts where I thought WTF and WHY!!!.

University scenes for example, totally not needed IMO.

I fully agree, but the fact that I saw flaws doesn't cause me to think that the rest of the free thinking world hated it. Nor does it cause me to start posting about how those who hated it were some kind of majority.

They aren't and won't be in the future.

Timing wise, it's perfectly set this summer after X-Men, Green Lantern, Cars 2 and if you really stretched it, Super 8. It's also 2 weeks before Harry Potter. It's going to absorb money like a sponge.

Edited by Chewie

Hey, I like the Phantom Menace - and so does my new girlfriend, so... :-)

Anyways - as the relase date nears, I'm very much looking forward to going to the cinema for DOTM. The first figures have shown up on the shelves. They are so horrendously over-priced, but then again everything is "over priced" when a guy is broke :-)

Still, maybe by the time Leader Ironhide shows up on toy store shelves I will have found a job and be able to waste more money on plastic :-)

Meanwhile, I can only be glad that there is a Transformers movie to look forward to. I kind of think that ANYTHING has to be better than ROTF and hope that'll be the case here.

Pete

Snagged my IMAX tickets for the midnight showing today, I do IMAX so rarely I forgot how nasty ticket prices were. Still it should be a good time provided I get there early enough to be in the front half of the line.

• 3 weeks later...

after feeling i was ripped off with the second film i decided to read the 3rd one before i watch it.......

i am going to see the film

......First and fore most the twins DIE a horrible death mid way through.

while there is still leg humping.little transformers play a integral role in this story.

mikala is NOT in the book. (this is important as it shows the book will be very similar to the movie)

the best part is the regular autobots get more kills and action

i didnt expect megatron to be like that in the end

I would have liked to have seen devastator return. more gestalts. they left it kinda open for a 4th film with a unicron type fight.

in the book she got pissed at sam and dumped him then he met carly and was with carly from the beginning of the book. this is micheal bay he dont go too far in to the social side of characters

Not as funny as getting stepped on, but I guess it saves the "lamenting over her getting stepped on" time.

Not as funny as getting stepped on, but I guess it saves the "lamenting over her getting stepped on" time.

Think of all the gag time saved, endless going on about "eww!! what's that on my foot", or " aww that's gonna rust"

Instead we can get "go away and pretend to airbrush Motorcycles and stop bothing me, or I'll get Ironhide to stamp on you"

Having read through some of the paraphrased novel on some web sites, it does look like they may have taken pointers from the G1/2 cartoon,

bringing Cybertron to near Earth orbit to harvest the energy

and also slight nods towards the episodes with Sean Burger in, with

using laserbeak to spy on humans and the sending the Autobots away and suposedly killing them all off

and

programmed humans al la Dr archivile

probably means the writers spent more time watching cartoons than reading the comics which is the easy way out. like writing an essay on the novel War and Peace after seeing the mini series on HBO.

Edited by big F

Think of all the gag time saved, endless going on about "eww!! what's that on my foot", or " aww that's gonna rust"

Instead we can get "go away and pretend to airbrush Motorcycles and stop bothing me, or I'll get Ironhide to stamp on you"

Having read through some of the paraphrased novel on some web sites, it does look like they may have taken pointers from the G1/2 cartoon,

bringing Cybertron to near Earth orbit to harvest the energy

and also slight nods towards the episodes with Sean Burger in, with

using laserbeak to spy on humans and the sending the Autobots away and suposedly killing them all off

and

programmed humans al la Dr archivile

probably means the writers spent more time watching cartoons than reading the comics which is the easy way out. like writing an essay on the novel War and Peace after seeing the mini series on HBO.

More like recruited or threatened in sams case though the decpticons have the ability to tap in to the visual cortex and the auditory system to hear and see what the human does then they have a small decpticons disguised as a watch control the human at a personal level with a form of pain control.

Edited by buddhafabio