The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Probably just a gag to prevent spies from finding out the identity of the character.

Actually, those are probably stand-ins. They're visual cues for actors to look at so that they know what to look at, where to look at it, and whom to look at. The guys with the sticks will be edited out in post-production.

Actually, those are probably stand-ins. They're visual cues for actors to look at so that they know what to look at, where to look at it, and whom to look at. The guys with the sticks will be edited out in post-production.

Yes, I know they're stand-ins. David Hintgen's question was centered on the Einstein-looking stand-in.

Yeah, and "Skids and Mudflap are so goofy-looking and racist they can't possibly be the final design--that's just to throw us off".

Seriously, has ANYTHING from the past 2 movies been proven false, or a stand-in? Everyone (including Bay) always claims "that's just a rumor to throw people off"--but yet AFAIK, just about everything ever shown---that IS the final design.

PS--knowing how much Bay likes the Military, I'm surprised they didn't go for the Army-painted NASCAR...

PS--knowing how much Bay likes the Military, I'm surprised they didn't go for the Army-painted NASCAR...

That's because the Army and Air Force no longer sponsor NASCAR teams on a full-time basis. Navy and Marines do NASCAR, but not in the Sprint Cup Series. The only military branch that does Sprint Cup full-time is National Guard, which sponsors Dale Earnhardt, Jr.'s #88 car (one of the three NASCAR stock cars used during filming).

A friend of mine lives in Downtown Chicago. Today her facebook status was "Just saw a multi-car drive by explosion complete with fireworks from less than 2o feet away then a helicopter flying at eye level in the river for transformers 3!"

Sounds like it would've been fun to be around. Too bad the movie will still suck, though.

In other news, just watched Moon. Had to crack up at the inspirational "What would Michael Bay do?" sticker they had on set.

I doubt he used a real one.

For movies that cost over $100 million, Hollywood wouldn't care if a Ferrari was blown up. Look at the Iron Man movies. What most people don't know is that the crew wrecked X number of Audi R8 cars for a scene they eventually left on the cutting board (see spoiler below)

During the fight between Iron Man and Iron Monger, the original script had Rhodes ram Tony's R8 against Iron Monger, sending Stane crashing on the bus while the R8 flipped over. The stunt didn't work, as the R8 was so low, it refused to flip over. Then, there was an improv scene where Tony was supposed to rip open the R8's roof to pull Rhodes out. The "jaws of life" used as Iron Man's arms broke while attempting to rip the roof open.

Also, a $300,000 Rolls Royce Phantom was shredded in Iron Man 2.

I'd also mention Redline, but the producer was a total douchebag, anyway, and he got what was coming when the movie bombed.

I prefer War for Cybertron over these movies. That game was what the movies didn't strive for.

I'm with ya there. I'm not gonna lie, though, I'm still probably gonna get TF3 on Blu-ray

I'm curious as to how they'll work the Wreckers. Will they be akin to the pre-existing team (in which case my bet is the green one being Springer) or are we just using the same name for something entirely different. Still, I like all the news pouring out about this one. Seems like the last two were kept really under wraps (at least as I recall).

I don't think its that the alien robots are into sports fashion, Rollbar probably just scanned so jeep that appealed to him, and formatted himself after it.