1/60 ground/deck crew for our Valks

BlueMax

1/60 ground /deck crew: Yay or Nay  

48 members have voted

1. 1. 1/60 ground /deck crew: Yay or Nay

• Of course! was there ever any doubt?!?!
    • Nah... you've gotta be kidding me

As above....

i just felt that the 1/60 valks are pretty lonely, with no regults/ glaugs to pose with.... and the fact is that there aren't any existing model kit accessories built in 1/60 scale, thus kinda difficult in creating nice dioramas for them.

So in the event that Yamato decides not to release any of the regults/ glaugs (I sure hope they will release them !), With the flight crew, which I'm quite sure its not as costly to produce, I'm sure things can be spiced up quite a bit.

I've always loved the hanger or carrier based dioramas. Sooo.... what do you think?

Edited by BlueMax

I'm not sure what you're getting at, you mean little 1/60 scale people. They already include ground crew with the destroids. Why not just buy more destroids? You get ground crew for diorama's and they you get mechs to hang out with your valks.

The "ground crew" that comes with the Destroids are rather limited. The guy signaling to the destroid is nice but we don't need the other one who's just standing around with a rifle slinged to his back. We need more 1/60 figures with poses that show them crouched down, lying on their backs while fixing or carrying something and etc.

I thought the Hasegawa ground crew sets work pretty well. At 1/72 scale, they actually fit the 1/60 and in fact the figure is slightly bigger than the valkyrie pilots. I love it pretty much, all you need to do is paint them in orange uniform like what we have seen in the movie.

I think we need some bigger scale factory deck and official Macross factory deck, but you can customize from Kotobukiya base.

10000503.jpg

10000497.jpg

10000502a2.jpg

10000502a.jpg

10000502a3.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

I think you're better off buying the generic hase ground crew Vi-Rs mentioned. If yamato release a pack of them that's fine, I wouldn't buy them. I'd prefer it if they didn't include ground crew bundled with future releases though. Personally I don't like little figures and I'd rather not have a bunch of unwanted accessories to lose.

True..... but I'll be the 1st to admit that my skills for painting miniature human figures with details is.... sorely lacking, thus my wish for a pre-painted set. I mean, those pictures look fantastic in the earlier posts, but i'm sure I can't do justice to any of them.

Only way is to commission an artist to do it for me, but damn, that is probably gonna be expensive...

Yeah! Who said NO?????? I would LOVE to have more ground crew, and heck, while you're at it Yamato, why not just give us a package of like 25 with a bridge crew, Global, Misa, Max, Roy, Claudia and all the main cast????? That would be SWEET!

Here you go - pre-built diorama set

http://hobbymaster.com.hk/airpower_72_hd1002.shtml

http://www.flyingmule.com/products/HM-HD1002

1/72 scale. Start building those 1/72 Hasegawas and Bandai kits!

Personally I hope Yamato revisits the 1/72 scale sometime in the future. It'd make things sooo much easier (scale wise).

Edited by Vifam7

Personally I hope Yamato revisits the 1/72 scale sometime in the future. It'd make things sooo much easier (scale wise).

Maui wowy!!! I didn't see where you could order any of these. (had my screen minimized and couldn't see the pre-order area) So these are already pre-built and painted right? If so I need to figure out a way to order a few sets! Thanks for sharing!

Edited by MacrossMan

Thanks for that link. I will pick up a set of these for sure.

Found this also! Already painted......looks pretty cool

$99.99 though.....ouch.....

http://www.airstriketoys.com/servlet/StoreFront

7 crew guys only.....$27.99

http://www.airstriketoys.com/servlet/the-6...nch-Crew/Detail

Ooops, for that price I will rather get 1/72 scale Fujimi Full deck crews with truck and everything for under 10 bucks and get them painted myself. These kits come with the tractor Or you can get the fire fighter version. Average height is 2.5mm which fit just nice.

fu35003.jpg

FUJ35001a.jpg

FUJ35001b.jpg

FUJ35001c.jpg

FUJ35002c.jpg

FUJ35002d.jpg

post-611-1246139197_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

who said no? I'd love official 1/60 scale crew for my valks. They'd have to be painted.

Don't think there is a 1/60 scale around to buy by a model company.

that would be cool and also to add to that maybe Yomato can commission a aircraft carrier sets or base sets so you can make a base or carrier for your Valkyries

True..... but I'll be the 1st to admit that my skills for painting miniature human figures with details is.... sorely lacking, thus my wish for a pre-painted set. I mean, those pictures look fantastic in the earlier posts, but i'm sure I can't do justice to any of them.

Only way is to commission an artist to do it for me, but damn, that is probably gonna be expensive...

Now that I've actually got a destroid and have handled the little figures they come with first had, I'm even more certain I'd that Yamato SHOULD NOT sell prepainted ground crew. What the HELL happened with those little guys. I got an OD Tomahawk today and the pilot looks great, Just as good as the v2 VF-1 pilots. The ground crew look like crap though. I hate painting little figures, especially ones this small, but damn it I could take one of those Hase sets and do a better job painting them myself. Also the has figures are crisp polystyrene instead of gummy PVC.

if all they were to release ground crew set and it had the same quality as the Destroid figures I'd rather just do it myself and save a little cash.

LOVE the Destroid ground crews.

From the distance they're typically viewed they look great.

I have my fingers crossed that Yamato wants to ensure higher sales of the Phalanx and Spartan and will include at least 4 guys each.

That said I'm in for a sep crew set anytime. I mean, they are doing about 25 versions of these 1/60 VFs, I think they warranted . . .

LOVE the Destroid ground crews.

From the distance they're typically viewed they look great.

I have my fingers crossed that Yamato wants to ensure higher sales of the Phalanx and Spartan and will include at least 4 guys each.

That said I'm in for a sep crew set anytime. I mean, they are doing about 25 versions of these 1/60 VFs, I think they warranted . . .

+ 1