Official Minmay Guard Thread =)

Kicker773

When I first saw the MG's I thought they were the most outrageous in design and did not understand what was so great about them. They have grown on me since learning about Macrss and have become one of my favorite Valks. Hope to have one some day. :unsure:

I am sorry if this sound stupid to ask but is there any special MG decal come with any magazine or you guys just custom paint brush it? It won't be too hard to do the purple cubic, but the Minmay potrait is kinda tricky without a decal.

I have 3 of the 1/72 model kits, and two sets of the decal sets that were sold seperately. they fit pretty well with the 1/60 version 1. I haven't tried to custom a v.2 at all, simply because of space and time at home, but perhaps someday.

Sorry, noob question here, but what is the backstory to the MG and the Thunder Hammer? I have been seeing them here for years and never knew where they came from, they look amazing. I had the F-toys 1/144 MG and I was curious if anyone mass produced the Thunder Hammer?

• 1 month later...

The pictures Kurt post once he's completed a project really doesn't do his work justice. There is unbelievable detail in his work. The are little unexpected surprises of detail all over that he doesn't showcase. My camera and photography skills don't do this Paris Act MG the proper justice it deserves either, but here are pics nonetheless. 501 is in the building!

gallery_7126_36_277638.jpg

gallery_7126_36_315911.jpg

gallery_7126_36_461215.jpg

gallery_7126_36_36230.jpg

gallery_7126_36_766813.jpg

gallery_7126_36_774341.jpg

gallery_7126_36_678414.jpg

gallery_7126_36_103552.jpg

gallery_7126_36_196809.jpg

nice! guess it's time to pop open the champagne... you finally got your Minmay Guard custom! congrats...looks awesome w/ the dio. B))

Thanks! Celebration has taken place and I am still giddy about this one. With the MG I think you either love it or hate it. I hated this thing when I first saw it. Over time I began to admire its coolness. Simply overjoyed at finally owning one!

Congrats on the Kurt custom, it looks great! Love the diorama too, especially the guy with the little mobile slushee cart... :lol:

Thanks man! Kurt is a talented guy. I hear people compliment designers and what not saying the person "capture the vision exactly". When I say Kurt captured my vision he was dead on point and even went as far as doing things I hadn't even thought of. I've only transformed it once and found all sorts of surprises I did not expect. The guy has a gift and is really a pleasure to work with. Told him once what I wanted and he got it dead center!

tell the guy, being a professional maintenance crew, can't he read the NO STEP label on the wing? :lol:

DOAT!!!

that's a beaut!

A beaut she is! And with that being said here are a few more pics as it will live the rest of its life in fighter mode on this launch arm after one transformation by me. Simply beautiful! :blink:

gallery_7126_36_29712.jpg

gallery_7126_36_200018.jpg

gallery_7126_36_511396.jpg

So remind me, what can dethrone my MGTH?

That Thunder Hammer MG was pretty cool, but it's subjective. I went back and forth on two occasions debating on purchasing a kit and ultimately decided against it. I haven't seen a Minmay Guard I haven't liked, whether it's clad in the Thunder Hammer Amor, fitted with Super & Strike parts, or just plain Jane, but if it stiffens your noodle I'm sure many would agree that your MGTH is probably one of the coolest ones out there. B))

Perhaps this belongs more correctly in the 'noob' thread...but what is the origin of the Thunder Hammer armor?

Here is Solscud007's MG Thunder Hammer. It might have been posted earlier in the thread.

gallery_158_111289.jpg

gallery_158_102345.jpg

It was a custom armor that was originally published in the japanese hobby magazine MODEL GRAPHIX, Oct 2002.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...002-page-25.jpg

We drooled over it for 5 years before getting the chance to own one.

The original TH thread has been retired for a while. So many people were impressed with the reproduction that I think a fuller description of its origin is worth mentioning.

What EXO isn't telling you is that he commissioned a guy to take on building the kit from scratch using the images from the magazine. The thread blew up like Hiroshima with interest from members and the guy agreed to recast the kit and some lucky members were fortunate enough to cop a set.

Although it isn't a MG you I have to add it here because the magazine scan doesn't do it much justice. Both these pieces are most impressive in my opinion.

gallery_157_146498.jpg

gallery_157_124172.jpg