Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Given that most of us already have all the anime in one form or another, missing a limited UMD with the OPs & EDs is no big loss IMO. The SK interview will probably show up fansubbed on BT sooner or later. Me, I'll be sticking with the standard version.

New info on the game.

There's going to be a limited edition of the game, it's already listed on play-asia. Seems like it's an extra UMD with OP and ED of the Macross shows and an interview with Kawamori. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-77-...ss-70-3iiz.html

scan of the famitsu article from srwwordpress. can anyone translate the little blurb about the limited edition?

http://superrobotwar.files.wordpress.com/2...fa0805_muf3.jpg

Not sure if its worth it for those with non-japanese PSPs because of the region lock on movies. sad face.... tear.... sparkle....

So, we have a release date: October 1st.

And it's confirmed in Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%90%E3%83%B3...u-wl_item-added

If it's like any downloadable game/content on PSN, the games should be tied to your account and can be downloaded multiple (limited :() times.
Nope sorry unfortunately I already had a huge issue when one of Sony's official firmware updates bricked my PS3. They replaced it with a refurb for free but I had to call and hound them to reset the PSN stuff because it's all tied to the serials or whatever of the consoles.

New info on the game.

There's going to be a limited edition of the game, it's already listed on play-asia. Seems like it's an extra UMD with OP and ED of the Macross shows and an interview with Kawamori. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-77-...ss-70-3iiz.html

scan of the famitsu article from srwwordpress. can anyone translate the little blurb about the limited edition?

http://superrobotwar.files.wordpress.com/2...fa0805_muf3.jpg

Not sure if its worth it for those with non-japanese PSPs because of the region lock on movies. sad face.... tear.... sparkle....

It annoyingly tells you even less than you already know...

Special edition "Super Dimension Nyan Nyan Pack"!!

To commemorate the opening of "Macross F movie version ~ The False Songstress ~", a special version of "Macross Ultimate Frontier" will be sold! A UMD containing special movie(s) that can't be seen any anywhere else will be included in the special editon, and in addition the package (art) will be an exclusive illustration by Haruhiko Mikimoto. An item indispensible to fans!

Edited by Gokurakumaru

Special edition "Super Dimension Girls Pack"!!

To commemorate the opening of "Macross F movie version ~ The False Songstress ~", a special version of "Macross Ultimate Frontier" will be sold! A UMD containing special movie(s) that can't be seen any anywhere else will be included in the special editon, and in addition the package (art) will be an exclusive illustration by Haruhiko Mikimoto. An item indispensible to fans!

This interests me greatly now!

Nope sorry unfortunately I already had a huge issue when one of Sony's official firmware updates bricked my PS3. They replaced it with a refurb for free but I had to call and hound them to reset the PSN stuff because it's all tied to the serials or whatever of the consoles.

It's actually tied to your PSN account, but if you tried to use the same hard drive (i.e. took hard drive from original machine and stuck it directly into new PS3), it might not have worked.

You could have downloaded it again off of your PSN account's download list, or supposedly, there's a way to get into the PS3's recovery menu and reset the file to work with your new gid (Edit: I don't know much about this method; I just read it off of a PS3 forum somewhere; hadn't tried to follow the directions myself).

Edited by sdf2501

Special edition "Super Dimension Girls Pack"!!

I pre-ordered the limited edition as soon as it was posted here that it was available. Thanks!

Do you guys reckon there'll be a pre-order bonus as well? In fact, was there a pre-order bonus for the last game? I got nothing, but I heard that there might have been a book (not sure if that's true though)?

Also, there were some other MUF scans from that particular issue of Famitsu.

My Japanese isn't that good so perhaps there's more information in those pages, but the first page seems to offer a track listing (although I'm not sure if it's complete) as well as some shots of Max and Millia's VF-9s from M3 (that still blows my mind):

http://superrobotwar.files.wordpress.com/2...fa0805_muf1.jpg

and the second page has some pictures of Battle 7 and the VB-6 Koenig (Konig?) Monster in its three modes:

http://superrobotwar.files.wordpress.com/2...fa0805_muf2.jpg

Pretty cool stuff, and I can not wait for this game!

Edited by sdf2501

My Japanese isn't that good so perhaps there's more information in those pages, but the first page seems to offer a track listing (although I'm not sure if it's complete) as well as some shots of Max and Millia's VF-9s from M3 (that still blows my mind):

Yep, it says those songs are included but it doesn't say if it's a complete list or not.

Vocal tracks

Watashi no kare wa pilot

Ai oboeteimasuka

Information High

Totsugeki love heart

Holy Lonely Light

My Friends

Try Again

Dynamite Explosion

Lion

Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't be late

Infinity

Northern Cross

Senkan Hikou

Burning Fire

Instrumental

Dog Fighter

Zentradian dai-yousai

2 oku nen mae no you ni shizuka da ne

After in the dark

Aimo

The Target

Battle Frontier

Incidentally, I made an error translating the special edition title of the game. It should be "Super Dimension Nyan Nyan Pack" :lol:

Never paid attention to how that was spelled in the show!

Slightly miffed that Dynamite Explosion is the only new Macross 7 song they added this time, while there's craploads of Frontier tracks. And where are the Macross Zero songs? I'm sure they'll be there, the whole Birdman battle would be pointless otherwise.

However.... The MUF theme song, "Burning Fire"?? That sounds really interesting, and Basara-like!

Edited by Renato

UPDATE-DA!!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES, YESSS, YYYEEEESSSSS!!!

http://fukuyama-yoshiki.net/discography.html

CONFIRMED: "Burning Fire" IS A NEW FIRE BOMBER SONG!!!

Changing avatar to celebrate in 3... 2... 1... B))

EDIT: It will be on the new Fire Bomber album, due out in October. Jesus, with the game, the album, the single with all the damn Macross singers on it and my honeymoon to Hawaii, October is gonna be hella expensive.... but sweeeeet! :D

Edited by Renato

It's actually tied to your PSN account, but if you tried to use the same hard drive (i.e. took hard drive from original machine and stuck it directly into new PS3), it might not have worked.

You could have downloaded it again off of your PSN account's download list, or supposedly, there's a way to get into the PS3's recovery menu and reset the file to work with your new gid (Edit: I don't know much about this method; I just read it off of a PS3 forum somewhere; hadn't tried to follow the directions myself).

I turned the whole thing in so no I didn't use the same hard drive or even a spare I backed up. I just copied my save files to a thumb drive. Supposedly you have to deauthorize the console (which I did) or the account history stays with the console. Still I had problems and I enjoy having little or no hassle in my life so I'll take my zero on the PSP Go. Especially considering there's STILL no second analog stick.

The track listing is highly disappointing.

UPDATE-DA!!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES, YESSS, YYYEEEESSSSS!!!

http://fukuyama-yoshiki.net/discography.html

CONFIRMED: "Burning Fire" IS A NEW FIRE BOMBER SONG!!!

Changing avatar to celebrate in 3... 2... 1... B))

EDIT: It will be on the new Fire Bomber album, due out in October. Jesus, with the game, the album, the single with all the damn Macross singers on it and my honeymoon to Hawaii, October is gonna be hella expensive.... but sweeeeet! :D

Eh? You are getting married?

And double eh a new Fire Bomber album????? Tell me more.

Graham

Sweet, hopefully this game will have all Macross music, and no trademark vs music, not that I disliek the vs music, but it really has no place in a Macross game.

I also hope that is only a preliminary track listing, for one thing you can't have a Dynamite campaign with Angel Voice, that's just inane!

Also pre-ordered the limited, because I can't resist anything with the Nyan Nyan name!! Also BATTLE 7 HAS THE GUNSHIP IN ITS HAND! YES!!More changes need to include Battle Frontier being able to fire while in cruiser.

Edited by Keith

Argh, I pre-ordered the damn thing.

Let's all laugh when I get the game in my hands but end up not being able to play it. :lol:

Graham: Yeah, technically I got married in March. I think my honeymoon clashes with the Macross Crossover concert, the one with all the singers in it, which is a shame. Not that I could've gotten tickets anyway.

Originally my wedding was scheduled to be on November 21st, and then that was announced to be the date of release of the Frontier movie! That's not why it changed, though... :rolleyes:

Argh, I pre-ordered the damn thing.

Let's all laugh when I get the game in my hands but end up not being able to play it. :lol:

Graham: Yeah, technically I got married in March. I think my honeymoon clashes with the Macross Crossover concert, the one with all the singers in it, which is a shame. Not that I could've gotten tickets anyway.

Originally my wedding was scheduled to be on November 21st, and then that was announced to be the date of release of the Frontier movie! That's not why it changed, though... :rolleyes:

Protip: Don't let your wife know that's why you changed it!

Yeah I preordered it too but I may also preorder the regular version to have the other cover...darn macross stuff you just gotta have it all.

If that's the case, I'd probably just wait for a used copy. However, isn't there the chance that the box of the limited edition houses everything including a regular copy of the game? You may not need to buy two. Of course my Japanese is bad so they may have said otherwise in those Famitsu scans.

Edited by sdf2501

Hey, where's the wedding pics? We wannd see the lucky/unlucky girl that the 'uncharismatic hemephrodite' married! Does she look like Minmay, Mylene, Rankb etc? Mwahahaha! Raham, a3ter 3 beers

Hey, where's the wedding pics?

We wanna see the lucky/unlucky girl that the 'Uncharismatic Hermaphrodite' married!

C'mon, you are a senior member here, we gotta know.

Graham,

(posted in a bar, on my mobile phone after 3 beers).

Anyway, I will be visititing Japan next March, hopefully we can hook up for a beer or 5.

More new images, link courtesy of Kresphy:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/094/G009441/20090812026/

Pure awesomeness. This is just too cool for school. B))

As for my wedding, I'm only legally married, the wedding itself will be later this year.

And no, she doesn't look like Minmay, Ranka, Myung, Ishtar, Bobby, Alto, Brera, Michel or any of the other Macross females. :p:lol:

PM'd you about plans to meet up in March.

Edited by Renato

http://www.4gamer.net/games/094/G009441/20...ot.html?num=048

Interesting, who are these support characters next to Ishtar, they don't look like anyone in the Macross universe I've seen before, though the mail kinda looks like a Macross II era "emulated" Zentradi soldier.

Battle Galaxy - Confirmed!

Grace - Confirmed!! (I can't wait to set up a match between Grace & Sharon)

Improved map/mecha graphics - Confirmed

There's also an interesting mention about Chronicle Mode, from the machine translation, looks like it'll be something similar too, but in addition to the EX missions, where you play as story characters in specific story scenario's. The shop is still a mystery, but looks like Chronicle Mode has something to do with unlocking scene stills/videos?

The missile defense thing looks like it has a limit. Not sure if it's a limit of the total round, or just each technique, but there's a second counter for it on the hud. And the new Rescue option seems interesting, you can help out downed comrades, but at the cost of being defenseless when you do.

According to that article, that song list is the complete list... I'm not really satisfied until I get at least Angel Voice, and Arkan and HOROBI NO UTA cannot be omitted. Fingers crossed...

I was trying to make some sense of this whole ANTI thing. Apparently, the numbers in the corner are how many seconds you have to shoot down the missiles on your tail. It seems the ones you manage to take out are recorded as "breaks".

As for "Chronicle Mode"... They haven't mentioned any other features to the campaign mode, so does this mean that this is just one big game now where you have to go through everything chronologically? Also, it is supposed to be harder now because you cannot fly out with a wingman in this mode, apparently it's just you on your own.. I guess that's where Minmay and Ishtar etc. come in, though. As for the images, it appears that before every mission you get background info to the current mission just before it begins.

The rescue thing is interesting, though. Apparently you can do it in multiplayer games, too.

EDIT: Wait a second, VOICES isn't in the song list?? Whoa, whoa,who-ho-ho... hold on a second there, fella... -_-

Edited by Renato

Also it looks like the duets are gone? Didn't notice that before because I over looked it obviously.

EDIT: Nevermind I read the whole thing myself. Looks like it includes all previous tracks and 21 new ones split between vocals and BGMs (if I'm reading it right).

Edited by bluemax151

Also it looks like the duets are gone? Didn't notice that before because I over looked it obviously.

EDIT: Nevermind I read the whole thing myself. Looks like it includes all previous tracks and 21 new ones split between vocals and BGMs (if I'm reading it right).

Yay!?

Gonna be a long September.

Looking through the latest images...

Destroid Monster Mk I

Very scary images of AFOS

Nora and Ivanov definite pilots

VF-0 with the Ghost booster thing

That big Mardook mothership

Big Queen Vajra, Vajra homeworld

Returning, improved stages

And another shot of Saturn

Edited by D.D. Ivanov