Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

I hate to be a fan boy and all but .... right now it seems that the psp is one of the best toyz going

I have had mine for about five yearz and it never skipped a beat... The battery never died or had to be replaced.

The gamez that are added from the Playstation is such a big plus, and they allow you to buy movies for 3 to 9 dollars; you dont have to go any were to get them.

On top of that you can plug your psp into the television and watch movies you would buy on disk for about twenty dollars for only 3 to 9 dollarz.... oooopppz

did I say that ...

And you can save the movies or gamez on your ROM chip and put it on your computer run it with psp codex and watch the movies on your braintop (aka laptop).....

I think Sony did a excellent job putting a on line buying shop on the psp ... the free demos are great too.....

Every one knowz the MMoRPG market is a beached whale (WoW... really lol) and the Xbox is a artificial Playstation... Nintendo is in itz own category because it helpz the children so it is a plus....

Ohhhh and ....... MUF is the best graphics for a psp game in at least the last two yearz ... handz down.....

Nice

Edited by light

Ohhhh and ....... MUF is the best graphics for a psp game in at least the last two yearz ... handz down.....

Well,

I think Syphon Filter:Dark Mirror and Metal Gear Solid:Peace Walker has better graphics.

But this game is awesome and I am still getting the hang of the controls and functions. This is one of the best games I bought for PSP.

Edited by Jedi Nazgul

• 3 weeks later...

Finally have my PSP sorted, and just my luck that i'm having a hard time trying to find the game, out of print in most places, and i didn't wanna have to use ebay. =/

Don't worry, that usually means they're going to put out a lower priced re-release.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Daisuke for bringing his PSP with MUF to the con.

I was finally able to play a head to head match against someone.

You can see a few pics of our match in the MWCON10 thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using 5.00 M33 which is the unlocked version by Dark Alex and a modded set of files I got on a torrent site to allow me to to use it despite it wanting to update. I added these to my ISO build of the disk. No need to update and I can still use my home brew and all my games fit on my 16gig memcard so more game time and no UMD's to loose while I'm out and about.

I am using 5.00 M33 which is the unlocked version by Dark Alex and a modded set of files I got on a torrent site to allow me to to use it despite it wanting to update. I added these to my ISO build of the disk. No need to update and I can still use my home brew and all my games fit on my 16gig memcard so more game time and no UMD's to loose while I'm out and about.

That's what I tried first and there was no Joy. I just got it working using an xgen 5.5 d3 cfw. No mod needed to the caravan release iso. have an 8gb card that I fit with Macross UF, Gundam v Gundam Next plus, Migical Lyrical Nonoha, Hastune Miku Proj Diva 2, K-on, and Clank and ratched. should be enough to keep me occupied for a while.

Edited by jwinges

Hopefully the copy i was finally able to find in stock will arrive this week in the post. I fixed my PSP just for this game, so playing the waiting game is pretty horrible. tongue.gif

It's well worth it. Especially if you have a 3000 model, the Valkyrie models are about as pretty as the PSP can muster. I say that because the PS3 has shown us how truly beautiful this game can be :)

Man do I feel relived My other half hates it, while she's watching some ditsy soap opera I'm playing MUF. I'm only up to 67 hours. A mere beginner compared to you guy's.

She keeps threatening to hide the UMD. Heh!! little does she know that its iso'd on my memstick :)

It's well worth it. Especially if you have a 3000 model, the Valkyrie models are about as pretty as the PSP can muster. I say that because the PS3 has shown us how truly beautiful this game can be :)

Yeah i have a 3000 model. Game arrived this morning, and i've been glued to the screen since then. Mostly been playing freemode so i can just get used to the gameplay. Started a few of the training missions on the Macross Frontier mode, and will go from there. I just know i'm in for so much fun with this game.

Been using this guide, which is quite helpful.

Edited by shiroth

Shiroth thanks for the link to the guide learnt a couple of things from that mostly about tactics etc.

I played it in order until I got stuck on a mission and then would start the next era. Once I got more and more tune up points I maxxed out mecha that I used most in each era. Now I have unlocked the limiter and era lock I mostly use my Roy VF1 with fully maxed out stats and now I'm playing all the missions in Ultimate mode. See how long it takes me to get a SS Gold in that mode :)

At 260hrs, I've probably got about 60-70% of the mecha maxed out to 99,999 points. Gonna take a long time to get em all maxed out.

Graham

You may want to suppliment natural grinding with also using Nyan Nyan points, it'll make it go a lot quicker. I had everything maxed out at somewhere around 100 hours. Right now I'm occasionally grinding pilots & raising love/respect stats.

Edited by Keith

You've got me beat, I'm only around 217.

Damn and I thought I had logged in alot of hours. I just barely broke 204. Question. Does anybody know how get a SS in the mission from SDFM t.v series mission, where you have to defend the micronization chambers from the Zentradi and Kamjin? All I can get is just a S.

Damn and I thought I had logged in alot of hours. I just barely broke 204. Question. Does anybody know how get a SS in the mission from SDFM t.v series mission, where you have to defend the micronization chambers from the Zentradi and Kamjin? All I can get is just a S.

Try equiping the steak skill (kakizaki's all range barrier explosion), and make sure you're on top of Zentradi trying to steal those chambers.

In addition to protecting the miclone chambers, all the allied units must survive. The biggest problem is the ace Nousjadeul-Gers that show up periodically. They almost always kill off the redshirts if they are allowed to engage in combat. You need to take them out as quickly as possible.

I took along an upgraded Monster with a partner with high Gunnery skill and trust, calling in its special as soon as the star units appear on the map while rushing to engage them myself.

Edited by hulagu

Bit of a newbie question. How does one go about learning new special attacks (the triangle+circle ones)?

One doesn't. triangle+circle is tied to the unit/pack you are using.

Circle+cross uses your support character's equipped active skill. Additional skills become available as the support charaxter is put to use.

Try equiping the steak skill (kakizaki's all range barrier explosion), and make sure you're on top of Zentradi trying to steal those chambers.

Dang still cant get a SS. I have SS for every mission, except this one. :angry: Truly frustrating to me. I'll keep trying, thanks for the help everyone. :)