Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Hmm, has the SDFM TV Super Pack always been unusable in atmosphere? I can't switch to Fighter mode in some levels with one on.

Also, how do you manually purge the Armor/Super Packs?

To answer your question, did you ever see a VF-1 use a Super Pack in the atmosphere? Look at the thing; it has the aerodynamics of a brick with a rocket engine attached to it. To purge the pack, hit all four face buttons.

Is anyone else sick of the fact that virtually all star units use Emergency 0.00000001 seconds before dying? It's REALLY F---ING OBNOXIOUS. I mean, I wanted to tune my VF-2SS, so I go into Variable Generation, but it takes forever to kill anything because it's so slow and its weapon selection is powerful but unusable at low stats, and the last few targets use emergency as I'm killing them. Ozma's the worst, as he wasted nearly THIRTY SECONDS by using Emergency and then his special attack RIGHT when it ended.

Edited by D.D. Ivanov

The fastest way to win tune points I found is to complete the M+ test flight mission (the one with the minmay balloons) on ultimate difficulty.

With the max tune points support skill you'll earn 6000 tune points in 1min.

Not the most exciting mission to play though (at least you don't have to deal with those annoying star units)

Not unless you've upgraded its base stats; otherwise, you're asking for the Ghost V-9s to rape you.

Stick with the VF-25S, with an Armored Pack if possible. The first battle against the Vajra, Brera, and Giant Ranka shouldn't be a problem if you keep moving.

Now. when you go up against Battle Galaxy's Ghosts, stay in Battroid mode, but NEVER let the Ghosts get closer than 3000 meters, as their guns can rip anything apart, regardless of HP and defense. Spam Missile Rs at the Ghosts, as even if they dodge a few, they'll eventually get hit.

The squadrons of VF-27s are a joke, don't worry about them.

When Battle Galaxy becomes a legitimate target, do NOT use your special, you'll need it. Stay in fighter mode and spam your most powerful weapons. Going to Battroid is asking to get hit by Galaxy's laser turrets, and it has the most in the game from what I can tell. Run like hell if you're around 5000 meters away when it uses the main gun special; this is the killing zone for any of the NMC ships with the gun in the right arm(why does Battle Frontier still have it on the shoulder? Yes, it gives it an advantage in aiming, but it looks stupid).

ZOMGHOLYSHITITSGRACE.

Use your specials here. Stay behind the Vajra Queen's head, and fire constantly, hopefully the lasers won't hit you. Be careful when she uses her special, but it shouldn't be much trouble; Grace's aim sucks.

Now, the multiplayer version of this mission is a different story...

Not unless you've upgraded its base stats; otherwise, you're asking for the Ghost V-9s to rape you.

Stick with the VF-25S, with an Armored Pack if possible. The first battle against the Vajra, Brera, and Giant Ranka shouldn't be a problem if you keep moving.

Now. when you go up against Battle Galaxy's Ghosts, stay in Battroid mode, but NEVER let the Ghosts get closer than 3000 meters, as their guns can rip anything apart, regardless of HP and defense. Spam Missile Rs at the Ghosts, as even if they dodge a few, they'll eventually get hit.

The squadrons of VF-27s are a joke, don't worry about them.

When Battle Galaxy becomes a legitimate target, do NOT use your special, you'll need it. Stay in fighter mode and spam your most powerful weapons. Going to Battroid is asking to get hit by Galaxy's laser turrets, and it has the most in the game from what I can tell. Run like hell if you're around 5000 meters away when it uses the main gun special; this is the killing zone for any of the NMC ships with the gun in the right arm(why does Battle Frontier still have it on the shoulder? Yes, it gives it an advantage in aiming, but it looks stupid).

ZOMGHOLYSHITITSGRACE.

Use your specials here. Stay behind the Vajra Queen's head, and fire constantly, hopefully the lasers won't hit you. Be careful when she uses her special, but it shouldn't be much trouble; Grace's aim sucks.

Now, the multiplayer version of this mission is a different story...

i always get hit by vajra queen special (yeah... i suck...), but i'll try to keep my specials for this fight, thanks

another mission that i cant pass is 2 missions before this, where you fight inside a base against alto's vf (sorry for the poor description)

any tips for this one?

Keep the armor in the training fight against Alto. I don't believe you'd have the VF-25F's second armored pack yet, but I may be wrong; if you do, go ahead and use that instead, as the reaction warheads can help.

If not, just missilespam the regular enemies, and when you come across the first star units, tell your partner to use his special, and do the melee charge attack(L+Triangle).

Let your partner recharge his SP gauge, then go after Alto specifically. Perform a double special attack against him, and if he's knocked down, IMMEDIATELY GUARD, because he'll probably counter with his own special attack. Hiding behind one of the pillars would be a good idea as well. Right after he finishes, move in and perform a melee combo. This should finish him off, and his cannon-fodder wingmen shouldn't be much trouble.

As a side note, starting with SP Gauge 100(the red flame in the Auto ability list) will help you out, and Kakizaki's Last Supper(steak), Sara's Horobi no Uta, Support Beam, or Max World will make it even easier.

Hmm, has the SDFM TV Super Pack always been unusable in atmosphere? I can't switch to Fighter mode in some levels with one on.

Most super backs won't let you go into fighter in the atmosphere. Otherwise you'd fall like a led zeppelin.

Keep the armor in the training fight against Alto. I don't believe you'd have the VF-25F's second armored pack yet, but I may be wrong; if you do, go ahead and use that instead, as the reaction warheads can help.

If not, just missilespam the regular enemies, and when you come across the first star units, tell your partner to use his special, and do the melee charge attack(L+Triangle).

Let your partner recharge his SP gauge, then go after Alto specifically. Perform a double special attack against him, and if he's knocked down, IMMEDIATELY GUARD, because he'll probably counter with his own special attack. Hiding behind one of the pillars would be a good idea as well. Right after he finishes, move in and perform a melee combo. This should finish him off, and his cannon-fodder wingmen shouldn't be much trouble.

As a side note, starting with SP Gauge 100(the red flame in the Auto ability list) will help you out, and Kakizaki's Last Supper(steak), Sara's Horobi no Uta, Support Beam, or Max World will make it even easier.

thanks, I'm going to try it!

Hooray for...changing history?

I was messing around on Pineapple Salad, and realized that noone on my side took a hit - my Monster, my partner's Monster, or Roy.

And instead of his trashed plane, Roy says something, and Misa responds with her Delta One quote.

I then proceeded to kick Milia's ass in about 15 seconds.

Question...

Frontier chronicle mission where you start with Ozma then Alto to save Luca then Quarter:

Now that 2nd/4th and 5th(?) wave starred Vajra plinks away at the Quarter just like butter! Swatting them should be just like mosquitos, but noooo!

Any tips?

Edited by runab0ut

Hooray for...changing history?

I was messing around on Pineapple Salad, and realized that noone on my side took a hit - my Monster, my partner's Monster, or Roy.

And instead of his trashed plane, Roy says something, and Misa responds with her Delta One quote.

I then proceeded to kick Milia's ass in about 15 seconds.

I just soloed the Bird Human enemy mission using Vrlitwhai by locking on the AFOS, rushing up its body, then beating the living crap out of it with a length of pipe, LOL.

The man can fly about without a suit, stop incoming missiles by twirling his pipe around like a baton, and fire missiles from his crotch. Is he the Macross version of Chuck Norris?

P.S. How do I unlock the SDFM VF-1A Kakizaki?

Edited by hulagu

You can't; it's just a reskin of Max's VF-1A, just like Milia's VF-1A. Check custom paint 1. That's Kakizaki's color, 2 is the green U.N. HQ Guard scheme, and 3 is Milia's plane(What she appears in in the "game" with her and Max). Likewise, Hikaru's DYRL VF-1A is also repainted as Max's(1) and Kakizaki's(2) planes.

The game can rename special units; Max's VF-1A is known as VF-1A(MJ), VF-1A(HK), VF-1A(P1), and VF-1A(P2). Hikaru's VF-1A DYRL is known as VF-1A(HI), V-1A(MJ), and VF-1A(HK).

Bandai included some nice paintschemes from appearances of other mechs(DYRL green Monster), and it seems that the only reason some didn't make it in is due to the fact that the patterns would interfere with the color selection, such as the VF-1D Virgin Road and VF-1A Angel Birds.

Got S or SS on all the Mac 7 missions except for the last one, which is based on the 'Fleet of the Strongest Women' episode, where you have to fight Chlore at the end of the mission.

Even using 2 fully levelled up Battle 7s, not taking any damage and destroying everything really quickly, I only can get an A.

I know you need to get about 165,000 points to get an S, but best I can is 163,000 points.

Just wondering if there are any special conditions you need to fulfill for this mission to 'S' it?

For Auto skill, I'm using combo and for command skill Sheryl.

Graham

In the mission "My Soul For You" where Gigil is searching for Sivil on City 7, where is she exactly? Once I approach the city block the warning "Target has begun to escape" appears, but I can never locate her before she runs away. Is that a bonus objective?

Edited by hulagu

To S rank FotSW, don't take out the Meltran ships too fast, let them linger a bit, and you'll get more small fry. With the second ship, more Star units will pop up, take out all of them before taking out the ship, then a batch of regular units will pop up, then Chlore. Take out Chlore ASAP, and you should at least get an S. I haven't tried too hard to SS that one yet.

For the My Soul For You mission, I'm pretty sure you have to take out Gigil before he finds Sivil, don't worry so much about finding her yourself.

As much as I love this game, they definately seem to have gimped some of my favorite things from MAF. Max World defaults you into your SP attack as soon as it activates, instead of letting you choose how to envoke the pain, The VF-19 Kai & all sound weapon capable units won't let you spam their SP attacks, you have to wait unitl the song ends, which defianetely kills some of thier omnipotence (MAF let you spam speaker pod gamma as long as you had enough SP to do so, which wasn't usually aproblem, which resulted in awesomeness), and even fully leveled up, the SV-51's machine gun seems to have its amo clip cut short, still poewrful, but barely any ammo on it.

The pro's definately vastly outweigh the cons, but damn, I wish they at least left Max World alone.

Graham, if you have Ishtar's command skill, use that, as it triples your attack power for a moderate period of time.

Keith, to activate Max World without using your SP attack, hit L as you activate it. You'll still use all 6 bars, but it'll allow you to move around and use your preferred attack.

I assume noone picked up on that, but it even says so in the description.

Edited by D.D. Ivanov

The pack that use in atmosphere as fighter mode are VF-0 super pack, SV-51 booster equipment(cannot transform to other mode), YF-19/VF-19A Fast Pack, YF-21/VF-22 Fast Pack and VF-2SS Super Armed Pack

Question...

Frontier chronicle mission where you start with Ozma then Alto to save Luca then Quarter:

Now that 2nd/4th and 5th(?) wave starred Vajra plinks away at the Quarter just like butter! Swatting them should be just like mosquitos, but noooo!

Any tips?

I also play it hard when I first play. My complete method is to try to focus on upgrade missile accurate and effective distance(in row 2 and 4), also cannon tune up in accurate and fire speed.(row 2 and 5).

While playing, keep the distance with Vajra(with star) as far as possible. Within 2500~3500 use missile, over that range use cannon to attack. If they around you not more than 1500 try melee attack. it may damaged them up.

You can try to use its SP attack, although when it fire not very accurate, but you can turn your fire angle while shooting(by pressing directing button). But it is difficult to aim the target, you have to practice it.

Edited by ~Homer~likeVF19A

Graham, if you have Ishtar's command skill, use that, as it triples your attack power for a moderate period of time.

Keith, to activate Max World without using your SP attack, hit L as you activate it. You'll still use all 6 bars, but it'll allow you to move around and use your preferred attack.

I assume noone picked up on that, but it even says so in the description.

Excellent, thanks.

Any idea on how many enemies you have to fight in the extra mission,

Macross Ultimate Frontier

? I got as far as

Hikaru in the VF-4

before I ran out of time. I was just curious to see how many more things I have to fight.

Hopefully I'm not confusing missions, but you'll have to fight

one more set of fighters, AFOS, Glavil, Geppernich, and Battle 7

I just soloed the Bird Human enemy mission using Vrlitwhai by locking on the AFOS, rushing up its body, then beating the living crap out of it with a length of pipe, LOL.

The man can fly about without a suit, stop incoming missiles by twirling his pipe around like a baton, and fire missiles from his crotch. Is he the Macross version of Chuck Norris?

Rolf

In the Frontier mission "Northern Cross" where Alto and Luca fight Ozma trying to stop SMS from deserting the Frontier fleet, what is the trigger to get the Macross Quarter to join in the fight? That never happened the last time I completed the mission, so I was shocked when it suddenly appeared before me after I defeated Ozma in my last playthrough.

Edited by hulagu

In the Frontier mission "Northern Cross" where Alto and Luca fight Ozma trying to stop SMS from deserting the Frontier fleet, what is the trigger to get the Macross Quarter to join in the fight? That never happened the last time I completed the mission, so I was shocked when it suddenly appeared before me after I defeated Ozma in my last playthrough.

I think you just have to take him out quickly

What's the secondary objective of the SDFM Zero-G Love mission? Do I avoid shooting the defeated Zentradi pilots who eject or something?

OK, so you can avoid shooting the Z-Soldiers (Objective 2), but how are you supposed to defeat the Nupetiet-Vergnitz in this mission non-lethally, without using era-unlocked Sound Force units? (Objective 3)

Also, how does attaining Ex Status for missions after unlocking era work?

Edited by hulagu

OK, so you can avoid shooting the Z-Soldiers (Objective 2), but how are you supposed to defeat the Nupetiet-Vergnitz in this mission non-lethally, without using era-unlocked Sound Force units? (Objective 3)

Also, how does attaining Ex Status for missions after unlocking era work?

Take out Britai lethally, but not too fast, a couple grunts will pop up during that part of the battle too. As for Ex status, just use the mecha that shows up in the picture when you highlight the mission.