Official MWcon Poker Tourney Information Thread

So I figured I would start the poker thread for this year's con. Things are still a little up in the air so for now I'm going to run things the same way they've been done in previous years.

The max number of people for the tourney is about 27 or so players (about 9 per table) but we will accommodate more if necessary. Basic poker etiquette applies (detailed rules will be posted later). We will have prizes for at least the top 3 finishers but could have more depending on prize availability. Last year we had 5 places.

The donation to enter is $20 (subject to change). The location and time is yet to be determined but most likely will not be held during the official con hours because it limits the players' involvement with other activities. Also,

Please post here if you are interested. And feel free to post or PM me with any questions. As things get figured out, I will post updated information.

1 - bigkid24

2 - EXO

3 - Lance

4 - Eternal D

5 - Bobe-Patt

6 - KiriK

7 - Jasonc

8 - spyderx23

9 - snip312

Edited by bigkid24

Bump. Just a reminder the top prizes usually go something like this:

1st - $200 item (previous prizes have included: YF-21, VF-0A w/ghost)

2nd - $100-$150 item (VF-0A, GBP)

3rd - $50-$80 item (Max popbox doll)

At the very least, the top 3 get "paid" out but last year we had 4th and 5th place prizes of shot glasses and posters.

We have quite a few returning sponsors so I'm sure we'll have some great stuff this year, and if necessary we'll buy some prizes for this year's tourney to entice you guys. C'mon guys sign up!

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone still interested in signing up for this year's MW Con Poker Tournament? All prizes TBD based on number of entries. Due to scheduling thing year, we are hosting the MW Con poker tournament separate from the actual con and will be held either Friday, July 17th, or Saturday night, July 18th after the con at a different location.

Edited by KiriK

Looks like our MW Con poker tournament will be postponed to a future date after the con where more attendees can make it. We don't have time to host it during the con this year so stay tuned for announcements of when we'll be hosting this!

• 2 weeks later...

So I think i'm setting the date of the annual MW Poker Tournament on Saturday, August 22 to be held in Torrance, CA. I'll be hosting the tournament, so if you are interested in attending, PM me or email me at mwcon09@gmail.com

I'm thinking of making it an extension of MW Con 09 and having a Macross party/BBQ with our poker tournament as the main event. But Saturday, August 22 is the date so mark it in your calendar if you want to come!

Edited by KiriK

Time is still TBD, but if i make it a whole party/bbq thing, then it'll probably start in the afternoon. If we just do poker, then maybe it'll be in the evening. Is there any interest for people to hang out for a party/bbq before hand?

So it's official that the MW Con poker Tournament Fiesta will happen on Saturday, August 22nd from 5pm-11pm! Entry fee will be $25 total and will include food and drinks for the night. I'll be bbq'ing so feel free to come and hang out throughout the night. All proceeds from the poker tournament will go towards funding future MacrossWorld Conventions, so come out and support us!

Actual poker tournament will start at 7pm sharp!! We need a minimum of at least 12 players to play in order to give out prizes to the top 3 players. If we get more players, I'll add 4th and 5th place prizes as well.

Here is the official prize list! (1st-3rd place prizes guaranteed with minimum of 12 players)

1st place Grand Prize: 1/60 Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25 Alto WITH fastpacks donated by www.over-drive-inc.com

2nd place: 1/60 Yamato SV-51 Canon Fodder

3rd place: 1/48 Yamato GBP Armor set donated by MacrossWorld member Smiley424

4th place: (minimum 14 players) TBD

5th place: (minimum 16 players) TBD

6th place: (minimum 18 players) TBD

All players will also receive additional Macross Coasters and flyers that they did not pick up at MW Con at UCLA.

If you'd like to join us and hang out without playing poker, you're also free to join us! You can bring a $5 donation for food and drinks for the night OR we can have a potluck and you can bring your own food dish or drinks! Haha, you can play RockBand, or board games and just hang out around the house.

I'll be collecting entry fees starting now, so if you are interested in playing or even attending, PM me and i'll give you instructions on how to pay via paypal. Hope to see a lot of you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I cant make it. Forgot that the in-laws are making their way over Friday night (actually 12 am Sat morning). I will not be available on Saturday. Anyway we can postpone it until Sunday :lol: ...Goodluck guys!

Edited by snip312

After all the good times I was waiting to have here, I'm not gonna make it as well. I have some final arrangements to make with family, and it's just not the day for me to be doing much else. Sorry guys.

After all the good times I was waiting to have here, I'm not gonna make it as well. I have some final arrangements to make with family, and it's just not the day for me to be doing much else. Sorry guys.

Sad times dude, Best wishes to you and your family

Haven't had time to do an official update, but here it is in a nutshell!

We had 15 players in the tournament and gave out prizes for the top 5 players. We had several people come to hang out at the bbq that didn't play too. Thanks to everyone that came! We had a great time. Here were the top 5 players and the prizes they won:

5th place: Kyatsu - Prize: Macross Frontier canned bread donated by Save and Otaku2.com

4th place: Maria - Prize: 2 Flexi-Display stands

3rd place: Dennis - Prize: Yamato 1/48 GBP Armor Set

2nd place: Lance - Prize: Yamato 1/60 SV-51 Cannon Fodder

1st place: Ty - Prize: Bandai DX 1/60 VF-25 Alto With Fastpacks

2009-8-24146.jpg

Thanks again for making this event so fun and successful!

• 4 weeks later...