San Diego Comic Con 09

Hey guys,

Was hoping to try and get 2 HALO exclusive action figures from Comic Con at a reasonable price, a third would be nice for myself as the first two are not for me. I can offer cash, trade + cash (I have a sell thread the for sale section here on the boards) or all out trade. Each figure will cost $15, here is the link: HALO Exclusive Figure

I know I can wait for the regular run on figures, but these are for 2 kids I work with in a Cancer Care program I volunteer at....the figures are painted in their favorite colors. Their first exposure to HALO was me bringing my xbox 360 and 26" TV over for a video game weekend I had promised. Several other volunteers, workers, and parents each adopted a kid for an upcoming event to get them a toy. The 2 little guys that I am working with would like these figures, so I am hoping to get some help in making this happen. They do not have much and with the recent cut in hours at my work.... I didn't have enough to go to the con myself or order them from a different source. I figure if I'm going to pay extra I would rather that money go to someone here on the boards so at least the money stays within the family so to speak.

If there is anyone going to the con that wouldn't mind acquiring 2-3 of these for me, it would be very much appreciated. I'm on the straight shooter's list and there are two recent recommendations listed in my thread in the For Sale Section here on the boards. Thanks

MODS: Figured my best chance was to try and get someone that was going to the con to help me accomplish this, but if a more appropriate forum is in the Wanted section please feel free to do so. I didn't think it would get enough traffic so I started the thread here, hope its not a problem.

Did we have a dedicated Comic-con thread on these boards yet? I'm going, it'll be my first, even bringing the girlfriend along. She loves watching me be nerdy. Ah, anyway, as to the topic of this thread, i would love to offer my assistance here but having never been to one of these I have no idea how hard it'd be to get this toy or if I'd be in a good situation for you. If no one else comes forward though shoot me a PM. I'm there for the whole darn thing so I imagine I'll have some spare time for toy questing.

Hey guys,

Was hoping to try and get 2 HALO exclusive action figures from Comic Con at a reasonable price, a third would be nice for myself as the first two are not for me. I can offer cash, trade + cash (I have a sell thread the for sale section here on the boards) or all out trade. Each figure will cost $15, here is the link: HALO Exclusive Figure

Your best bet is to ask a few people because I think any of the McF exclusives are sort of tough to grab and usually run out pretty quickly.

thanks guys,.....i'm going to do my best as far as raising some money for the exclusives.

@jenius.... thanks for the generous offer, but I wouldn't want to slow down or hamper your first experience at comic con. i'm not sure if you'll also be going to preview night, but usually everyone scopes out where to line up for the exclusives during that time then the next morning line up outside 2 hours before the con opens just to get into the convention to grab their badges,.... only to wait in another line before you get into the convention whether your heading to line up for an exlcusive toy or a guest speaker or panel on a favorite show or movie. if you have the chance and could get one, that would be great....but don't go out of your way and miss out on a great experience.