Mac Aus Con 2010'

Just registered to post, only just stumbled across this. I live in Brisbane, and unfortunately missed the '09 Mac Aus Con. Looking forward to MAC '10. For your cosplay tourney, do you need any assistance? I have a history of assisting with cosplay at a few aussie cons.

Once again, looking forward to MAC '10.

Hey Jedi!!!!! mate how'd you find us? Thanks for dropping in! :)

For sure, love to have you on board to help out with the cosplaying tourney. :)

Unforunately we didn't have enough to warrant the tourney for this years, but next year Mac Aus Con 2010' Gold Coast, there will be one no matter what.

It was to be a new type of Cosplay Tournement i haven't seen done before (maybe), where each entrant would go up against an opposing cosplayer

in a paired VS battle (in a Pyramid based system to figure out the winner), where they had to execute a certain pose their chosen Macross Character

has used in the series/OVA/movie, and they would be voted on by a select judging panel and also the crowd would get the chance to raise their voices

literally to express who the winner should be! :) Of course there is a "Best Mac Aus Con Cosplayer" award for those peeps who went all out to create

the most awesome costume. ^_^ And most importantly, there are NO RULES, you can have the Costume made for you or just plain make it yourself. :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Haha, that's a bit out of the league of what I normally deal with in a cosplay comp. I found this site through ANN.

What I usually deal with is an MC/host who announces each individual/group and what they're cosplaying, they come up on stage and either just pose like their character or do a short skit in-character, get questioned briefly by the MC (how long did it take you to make your costume, why do you like the character, etc), then a panel of judges rate people into categories based on the best overall cosplay (ie character and costume), best overall costume, the best overall group, the best overall skit and judges' special mention.

Unfortunately, when put to the crowd things can get a bit biased, as some people are just naturally louder than others.

I generally manage registration through an online form which generates a registration for me to enter into a check-in spreadsheet for the day, then on the day we fill the spaces that are left and any spaces that don't show up to check in, then after that I can generate a runsheet so we can co-ordinate marshalling, AV, etc. With regards to AV, depending on stage setup, we can do video and/or audio skit materials that the cosplayers can give me as they check in/sign up on the day.

Done cosplay for at least 8 shows in the last two years :)

>> http://miss-mac-aus-con.mybrute.com/dojo <<

PM for details. ; ) What i require is some truely awesome Macross fans to represent and lead/organize their State. lol Do i really need to explain why? :p

Competitons and prizes are in order, each member you get to sign up must have an account with MacrossWorld and be active, hopefully with the cons as well!

Their user name will be listed under each Mac Aus Con State dojo, built up over time. Got what it takes to represent your State and your absolute Macross Fandom??

btw Gold Coast is there because Mac Aus Con 2010' will actually be held there, plus there was a vacant spot. :D Bit of fun in between cons!! :-)

MacAusCon.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 months later...
Hey guys, finally getting around to my first post here. I was the guy that brought his date to the macross 09 convention and watched part of Mac plus the movie lol. I will be there for sure next year.

Ahh good man, finally posted! Was a cool surprise we had you and your missus drop by, Got to see the M+ the movie, good timing!

You did miss DYRL? though which i think was the no.1 fav on the day. Hard to beat!

Good to hear, next year will be three times the size in displays, and i don't just mean 1 x Yamato 1/2000 SDF-1 Macross DYRL?

and the 1/1 sacle Hikaru TV Helmet just to make up the difference. :p hahahahha Please feel free to jot down ideas you would like for the con mate.

btw everyone, at the moment the website is on an off, but atleast i've done up a facebook, and of course the twitter MacAusCon.

In fact you can search ove the web for anything MacAusCon and it will be there, a spot for every fan in Aus.

Remember we won't have the huge overhead next year, MacAusCon will be a more hands on day, displays will blow yer mind, so many surprises in store.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ha, Ha, she is not in the picture anymore. I must have been a unique date taking her to a screening of Macplus during a fan convention for such a niche subject matter. I thought I was cool :D .Truth be told she actually did not mind it but it really was not her thing.

I liked this years con. It was small, sure, but everyone was nice and there was some great stuff on display. Your TV 1:1 hikaru helmet looks great, it would be good to see.

It was the eye popping wasn't it... lol My missus shopped all day outside with her g/friend, but she was good enough to come inside

and model off the Sheryl Earring which will be one of next years 1st Prize Win of the Cosplay Tourney.

All the important people made it! ^_~ Cept Kensei, the Perthy, he'll be here next year... won't you Kensei. <_<

Hey Mike! Thanks for signing up! :D Will be good to see you next year man, going to be awesome, as for viewings, it will most likely

be at a hotel via hired big screen, where we get to chill after a good days Macross'n. :p Alot more relaxed setting for next year,

this year was tight, and alot of things needed to happen to make it smooth, and it went fine, looking forward to 2010' to improve on the 1st. ^__^

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am planning to return to Sydney from Msia probably next year. Not sure how many Mac fans are there in Sydney? Anyway does anyone know where to get cheap VFs in Sydney? In Msia I can get cheap deals easily... sad that I have to leave the country soon...

Hey Catcha, soo moving back for good?? Not that bad you get to party at Mac Aus Con 10' mate! :D

Valks? Your better off checking ebay for the occasional valk at respectable prices, there are a few online shops stocking valks in Australia,

but you'll be spending too much, better you import them from hlj.com or Overdrive. : ) Of course we should be selling some nice stuff at the con midway 2010.

well, i am accepting an offer for a job that will pay me many times more of what I'm getting in Msia.. enough to fund my VF purchases :lol:

as for the Mac Con... I will be in Sydney... don't think I will have the chance to travel up to GC... maybe I'll wait till the next one when it will be in Sydney!

• 1 month later...

I wonder how many Macross fans there are in australia that can make it next year,its almost 2010 and im getting excited. I'll try and promote the con where ever I can to maybe boost numbers and point them in the direction of this thread or the twitter page,or ifI can get some more to add to the facebook page,but Ive had no luck yet in that one lol.

Ive been thinking of what Id bring to display since I have to come down from north qld I dont want to bring everything so I might just display my minmay and misa collection :p of course I will bring a valk or 2 and my psp with both MAF and MUF lol. If i get time I might even try and make something for the con.

Ive also been thinking about the cosplay comp,I do hope that there will be a couple that get suited up,of course If I get time between work that is,but I should be able to. :)

fun fun

Damn, you guys plan quickly. While I will not be able to go, I can't wait to see the pics like this year's con. Very well organized, and I'm sure with the con picking up some steam, I'm sure it'll be even bigger this year.

Hey mate! ahh wouldn't we give to have you over, your quite the elite collector Jas!

This year, no overheads, well, nothing like this years, which means bigger and better. :) Nothing will quite be the same as 09's con though, the emanating feel was magic.

I do wish another cinema con will happen, with an even bigger screen, seating in the hundreds. I am figuring out way to do this, but it won't happen any time soon.

Hey mate! ahh wouldn't we give to have you over, your quite the elite collector Jas!

This year, no overheads, well, nothing like this years, which means bigger and better. Nothing will quite be the same as 09's con though, the emanating feel was magic.

Ah, I'm modest by many accounts. However, I am working to have the Pachinko game by summer, if that's possible. That will be the flagship of the odd and end things if I can make it happen. But till then, you guys have done very well for the first one, and you guys definitely have shown how to put something together. If my customs are done before your con comes up, maybe I can ship them over for display. I still look at the pics from your con and still wish I could've been there.

• 3 weeks later...

man, i was on Mari Iijimas facebook page,and asked her if she would ever play a gig in Australia and she said 'I would love to,someone needs to invite me with a solid plan for my gig tho.' getting a reply made my day! but damn i wish i knew a few people in the music industry....just imagine if Mari played at MacAusCon...*nosebleed*

man, i was on Mari Iijimas facebook page,and asked her if she would ever play a gig in Australia and she said 'I would love to,someone needs to invite me with a solid plan for my gig tho.' getting a reply made my day! but damn i wish i knew a few people in the music industry....just imagine if Mari played at MacAusCon...*nosebleed*

If I am not mistaken, she played at one of the earlier cons stateside.

Oh believe me i tried to get Mari, not directly, but first tried for Yellow Dancer (Bradley) for con 09, but REALISTICALLY (lol), there is a little thing called.. what is it again,... oh yeah, MONEY.

Inviting someone over means you need to pay for their flights here and back, hotel accomodation, travel whilst in Australia, food etc etc, it's not something Mac Aus Con can afford.

Got shot down in flames, srry guys, you think the cinema side of things was expensive, try flying down atleast Bradley, i don't want to know what lovely Ms Mari would need to have her here.

Oh i would love her to come down, she is a dream, love her song.

But everyone here is cheap, and gathering from the turnout for a measly admission for a full days hire of cinema, i won't be trying until i see some commitment from said macross fans.

Con 2010 will not have a huge overhead cost, con 09 was a dream come true, and for all those who attended I thank from the bottm of my heart, Cheers!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Awesome!! :) That would be sweet as if you can make it Smeg.

Let yas in a little regarding the CF show, this is all part of a bigger plan to give Mac Aus Con it's unique presence in the world of Macross fandom. Stay tuned world! muahhaha :D

There are some prerequisites -

this needs to be "your" valk, your own designated # just as you would have in the DYRL? / SDF series timeline.

Unless you want it to be a female pilot, that's fine, but please designate it a number ok? ^__^

This is not just for v.2, but 1/48 to 1/72 scale Cannon Fodder owners.

Idealy we need v.2, and we also need a Focker 1S!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie