Mac Aus Con 2010'

I'm still working on whether i can make it over there but i have got a good plan for a custom 1/48 yammie seeing as the angels birds are being sold so bloody cheap at hobbylink japan that it'd be worth picking on up and doing something custom on it :)

now i just got to be allowed to spend the money! LOL

HI Guys,

Would this be good enough for the model comp?

This is the Wave VF-0S at 1:100 scale. And my skills have gotten better since this. Just need to work out my air brush thats all.

Also should be getting the PSP macross ace game soon. the graphics looks great.

post-10415-1246142112_thumb.jpg

post-10415-1246142194_thumb.jpg

post-10415-1246142221_thumb.jpg

Hey Smeg thanks for the pics! Yeah why not? To be honest you should be hitting up Warpaint22 and Cowie165, they are exclusive Mac Aus Con modelers and two of our con board

members, they would happily fill you in on details regarding modeling comps which will advance in different categories (like beginners to advanced etc) to what it was like for this years con.

Custom Model Build

+

Custom Model Paint Scheme

Those were the two categories for Mac Aus Con 09', it worked well this year because we really only had three advanced Modelers, next year it seems we will double the participants/entrees

Warpaint22 is currently working out the proper categories for the model comps now, so you should be seeing something soon in this regard, plus we can PM you as well.

Remember you shouldn't feel as though you need to be the most ultimate modeler in Australia, it's all about participation, and everyone should feel encouraged to submit a model

or variable custom piece for the love of the Mas Aus Con. Have fun and enjoy mixing with other fans like minded! :)Mac Aus Con brings you Macross! THE ultimate FANDOM in AUS. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey Smeg thanks for the pics! Yeah why not? To be honest you should be hitting up Warpaint22 and Cowie165, they are exclusive Mac Aus Con modelers and two of our board of members, they would happily fill you in on details regarding modeling comps which will advance in different categories (like beginners to advanced etc) to what it was like for this years con.

Custom Model Build

+

Custom Model Paint Scheme

Those were the two categories for Mac Aus Con 2009', it worked wll because we really only had three Modelers, next year it seems we will double the participants/entrees

Warpaint22 is currently working out the proper categories for the model comps now, so you should be seeing something soon in this regard, plus we can PM you as well.

Cool thanks, am looking forward to this

...everyone should feel encouraged to submit a model

Actually Matt, I'm going to have to pull you up there dude. I was going to propose we have a pre-entry judging panel, consisting of just me, to make sure all models better than mine are unable to enter any comps.

And Smegalot, unfortunately your 1/100 VF-0S will probably have you disqualified because it looks quite good...

Sorry chaps! ;):lol:

Mark

Actually Matt, I'm going to have to pull you up there dude. I was going to propose we have a pre-entry judging panel, consisting of just me, to make sure all models better than mine are unable to enter any comps.

And Smegalot, unfortunately your 1/100 VF-0S will probably have you disqualified because it looks quite good...

Mark

hahahah good one mate. :D

Just what has Cowie165 got in store for us next year hmm??? ;P remember same as this years con you got over a year to prepare! :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Whatever it is, it'll still be 1/100. I'm thinking about the old Arii Defender and the Macross Factory. It's a cool kit and will also be a nice display backdrop for my other kits already completed.

And yeah, I'll leave it until the last minute and have a freak out in February or something...!

More importantly, how is Steve going to top the EMU??? I'm hoping both Steve and Petar can make the con, and hopefully bring some more of their completed work next year.

Mark

What disqualification before I have even started....lol....just have to put more offirt into my entry for my project for the con....

Also can't wait to play MAF, the graphics looks great

Edited by Smegalot

What disqualification before I have even started....lol....just have to put more offirt into my entry for my project for the con....

Also can't wait to play MAF, the graphics looks great

yeah looks like i'll be able to enter then! B))

I'm waiting on my insurance payout and *hopefully* they play nice and play me out heaps so i can replace the xbox360 with the elite consol and i can pick up a PSP then MAF ^_^

then i just gotta come up with the money to get over there and duel everyone!

yeah looks like i'll be able to enter then! B))

I'm waiting on my insurance payout and *hopefully* they play nice and play me out heaps so i can replace the xbox360 with the elite consol and i can pick up a PSP then MAF ^_^

then i just gotta come up with the money to get over there and duel everyone!

you think your kicking yourself hard now, imagine if you miss next years! 0_0

Everyone has got a whole year more or less to save up for air flights and a small admission cost. Eat noodles for a couple of weeks! :p It's winter! An excuse! :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

you think your kicking yourself hard now, imagine if you miss next years! 0_0

Everyone has got a whole year more or less to save up for air flights and a small admission cost. Eat noodles for a couple of weeks! :p It's winter! An excuse! :p

I already live on noodles! :lol: best way to start the day

Not sure if you saw my post in another thread but you should really consider collaborating with an Australian university anime club for the con. I used to help run one in uni and we could book any room on campus that wasn`t in use for free (including 500 seat lecture theatres with projector equipment)

Hey Milspex Yeah that sounds great, that could even be an option for a 2nd day event (hint movie day).

Majority are in favour for a city centre location, the Regent Theatrette was a smash hit,

being located in the heart and close to everything. Sorry Milspex i must have missed your reply, but thanks very much for this!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey Milspex Yeah that sounds great, that could even be an option for a 2nd day event (hint movie day).

Majority are in favour for a city centre location, the Regent Theatrette was a smash hit,

being located in the heart and close to everything. Sorry Milspex i must have missed your reply, but thanks very much for this!

No worries man. I mean every Australian uni has an anime club. You could get in contact with the UTS or Uni of Sydney clubs and they would be likely to be able to arrange a venue on their campus for FREE. I mean when I ran my club years ago we could book ANY room on campus, including class rooms, computer labs, function rooms, small theatres and big theatres.

without further adieu -

MAC AUS CON 2010' GOLD COAST is Official.

Surf, Sand, Macross. :-P Goin to Surfers Paradise baby!!

so there we go! :) Exact location will follow, along with the Offical Mac Aus Con Website.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well I would have preferred Sydney, but if that was the case I would probably have to organise part of it! :wacko:

Having said that, I think the GOLD COAST is an EXCELLENT choice, as it has the important 'native' attractions we were talking about. Your marketing campaign can include this as a major feature.

I think the marketing campaign needs a bit more work than this years, I'll be happy to help closer to the event on this one, since I understand the organisers were pretty stretched in terms of manpower!

Anyway, always happy to have an excuse to come up to the GC. I was there a few years ago and had a fantastic time.

Yes stretched and out of pocket is the word, but we got hell less overheads, a hell of alot more interest now with hopefuly more people willing to put their hand up.

Be good to not have to juggle the cinema and displays again, i'll be able to mingle more myself, which is the only regret i had during the saturday this year,

only 3 or more guys at one time including myself watched the majority of the marathon, and being the big movement for the cinema, i couldn't break away,

otherwise it would have been a failure. But i think we all agree we need the first con to feel out how it should be run, and it was a good time for all. :D

Of course GC was THE choice. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Okay so now we know where but how about when?

with any luck i'll have my money situation figured out in the next week which means i'll defineately be able to come to the next one :)

I would have preferred synday too but if its around october next year then I can called it a 1 year aniversary honey moon to the gold coast and do all the theme parks as well as macross con B))

Okay so now we know where but how about when?

with any luck i'll have my money situation figured out in the next week which means i'll defineately be able to come to the next one :)

I would have preferred synday too but if its around october next year then I can called it a 1 year aniversary honey moon to the gold coast and do all the theme parks as well as macross con B))

lookin at May again ... not too hot not too cold!

• 3 weeks later...

mmm MAF Torny.. I know I'll lose, I'll get all bad in the nerves after looking at how glorious what the prize may be and stuff up like ram myself into a building and start talking to a random little asian girl whom apartment I just wrecked ;)

lol, if i had a choice i'd prefer the latter lol, more fun!

In fact you may already know what the prize is in fact. I'll let you guess all the way till next years con day lol

It will be worth every token. ^___~

Do I know what the prize is?! hrmm yeah I remember it was mentioned I can't remember now... >_<

mmmmm I'd like a large scale VF-25 maybe? or one of those newer SDFs? :p (My original 80's one got kinda damaged in a garage storage fiasco >_<)

I did pick up VF-25F at the recent Supernova 2009 in Sydney.. There was only ONE place that was selling ANY sort of Macross Frontier stuff (GAH)

(Picture just iPhone taken and uploaded)

It's a little 1/100 Scale tranforming one.. Detail is amazing for a 1/100 scale. But I seriously would prefer a 1/60 or evern better a 1/48 scale one.

post-11759-1248080656_thumb.jpg