Help Locate A Piece Macross Pic

Starchild

Wow, that looks nice!

It should not be too rare, though, because it looks like a recent Mikimoto work. It's not DYRL, either, it's done using the TV designs.

Yeah, I'm interested in finding a larger version, and knowing where this came from too!

Wow, that looks nice!

It should not be too rare, though, because it looks like a recent Mikimoto work. It's not DYRL, either, it's done using the TV designs.

Yeah, I'm interested in finding a larger version, and knowing where this came from too!

I really want to say that this is from the jacket of a guide book that I recently saw in Mandarake. I'm reasonably sure that it is.

I found a GREAT download of the Haruhiko Mikimoto - Innocence art book. He is my absolute favorite.

Obviously the Marcross stuff is from, well, Macross....

Does anyone know if ALL the pics in that book are from other series or are some just stand alone pieces of art?

I found a GREAT download of the Haruhiko Mikimoto - Innocence art book. He is my absolute favorite.

Obviously the Marcross stuff is from, well, Macross....

Does anyone know if ALL the pics in that book are from other series or are some just stand alone pieces of art?

I don't know if the downloaded version has all the book, but in the original many are stand alone illustrations and don't belong to a particular series. If you can grab an original copy of the book, it is well worth it (it's also in big format, so the images are even more astonishing).

Correct, there are a number of images of original artwork - the cover itself for instance. Most, if not all, of his published art books contain original art that he's done.

Although, to name a few series in included Innocence, there are Gundam, Gunbuster, and Record of Lodoss War among others. Generally, the ones that looks less "anime-ish" tend to be artwork that isn't attached to any particular anime or game.