UP! is awesome in 3D

EXO

Go see UP in 3D, you experience the vertigo of looking down from a floating house more. Plus the movie is so good!

And the short in the beginning was really funny.

PLUS! The Toy Story 3 trailer!

What a fun time at the movies.

I would love to see Up in 3D, but my little girl got spooked by the last scene in Bolt. It's the scene where the man with 1 green eye points the shot directly at you. The 3D effect on that one scene turned her off. Now I can only take her to the non-3D versions. :( I'm still looking forward to it as I really enjoy Pixar features. My personal favorite is The Incredibles so far. I also thought Ratatouille was one of the best as well just not my personal #1.

It's a very good movie but incredibly sad, almost depressing in parts, for a kid's feature. My wife was balling through half of it, especially the first part. My little girl did not seem as affected by the sad parts so maybe it will go over most kids' heads.

It's a very good movie but incredibly sad, almost depressing in parts, for a kid's feature. My wife was balling through half of it, especially the first part. My little girl did not seem as affected by the sad parts so maybe it will go over most kids' heads.

Hmm... a bit spoilerish.

I'm a person who hates spoilers, and even I say that's not spoilerish. (what I read on some other forums WAS spoilerish though, which annoyed me as the biggest/best suprises in the first half were already spoiled)

It's more of a family film than it is a children's film. Pixar's never really been shy of death and other serious subjects. Look at all the people killed in The Incredibles. Sure it's not the same serious context but it's deaths nonetheless.

It's more of a family film than it is a children's film. Pixar's never really been shy of death and other serious subjects. Look at all the people killed in The Incredibles. Sure it's not the same serious context but it's deaths nonetheless.

Yup, I would say that Pixar is in the family movie business as opposed to strictly children's movies. I think that's the key to any good "children's" movie. I don't think there's a need to water things down so much for children, unless you are targeting extremely young ones like the around the 4 and under crowd. In which case their attention spans are usually not long enough to sit through an entire feature length movie, so what's the point I say.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't watched it but someone on a social networking site mentioned that he saw a person wearing a UN SPACY shirt in this show. No one noticed it?

Can anyone verify?

I haven't watched it but someone on a social networking site mentioned that he saw a person wearing a UN SPACY shirt in this show. No one noticed it?

Can anyone verify?

I would have noticed that, and I did not see it.