Saw this at the onesixth forum:

New 1:6 SAFS Ma.K coming from Toys McCoy

The model features an opening cockpit, cowling and hatches are hindged and a there is a fully detailed interior, there are LED's on the control monitor, exterior lights, and laser, it's all built on a die cast frame work so it's HEAVY (6Kg. or about 13lbs!), height is 45cm (almost 18 inches tall). The model is made from a combination of materials but most is urethane plastic. This is the same resin material that resin hs, weapons and model kits are made.

The attached photos are from an article on the development (it's taken a few years). Details on price and release date are TBD but it looks like HLJ (Hobby Link Japan) will carry it, as will Amazon.com Japan. I would guess the price will be high considering the Toys McCoy connection, the complexity of the model and materials involved. I'd also guess that the model will be something along the lines of the recent HT releases of ED-209 and the power loader from Aliens, that is fully painted and assembled.

gallery_151_312_21348.jpg gallery_151_312_7930.jpg gallery_151_312_20630.jpg gallery_151_312_6903.jpg

WOW. If I could afford to get it, money, shelf space, and relationship-wise I'd get it for sure!

Price, I estimate at $300-500.. shipping $3000-5000!

And that is one creepy lookin' chick in the suit.

No wait, just had a look on Google, price looks to be $1000!! :o

http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2009/05/16-m...ccoy-x-kow.html

http://makadi3000.blogspot.com/2009/04/16-...toys-mccoy.html

Very nice, but much to expensive for me. The only Ma.K items I ever got are on super discount from HLJ because they used the wrong clear coat. It's cool that they are not only scaling it up, but using the the larger scale to add more features and detail. It's interesting how Ma.K evolved from scratch-built kits into a whole franchise of sorts. The fact that it remains popular in spite of no anime to support it is interesting. I guess it's a testament to the awesome concepts and designs of the model makers. I always liked the sense of realism as if it was something that you might really see in the future military.

Thanks for posting it, I've never seen these before.

• 4 years later...

Wow. I stumbled upon this last night and I was blown away. Truly a high-end toy.

I love the concept and sculpt. It almost seems like a modern update on the VOTOMS concept.

I'm sure finding one will be pretty hard and cost a pretty penny but I'll have to put it on my want list. I'll also have to keep an eye out for new pre-orders.

112_bkd_1.jpg

900575_press22-001.jpg

I really really love this picture:

900575_press14-001.jpg

You don't get much more real robot than that. haha

Anybody know where I can get one of these?

Edited by Gakken85