The Tomb Raider film franchise gets a reboot on March 16, 2018. Alicia Vikander (Ava in Ex Machina, Agent Lee in Jason Bourne) has been cast as Lara Croft. Also starring is Walton Goggins (Chris Mannix in The Hateful Eight, Billy Crash in Django Unchained) as the film's villain.

Alicia Vikander's Tomb Raider Gets 2018 Release Date

Edited by areaseven

Sounds more like a prequel than a reboot IMO. I think reboot is just the new buzz word going around these days. And knowing that Dan Lin(Terminator Salvation) is producing doesn't give me any warm and fuzzies about it either. I think this new Tomb Raider movie is an answer to a question nobody asked or wants answered.

Heck, is Tomb Raider even relevant anymore? Does anyone really care what the origin of Lara Croft was? I mean I've been out of the gaming thing for a while now. Are any of the new generation of gamers playing any new Tomb Raider games? I suppose it's meant to appeal to the aging 30 something's and up crowd.

yeah, Hollywood ran out of ideas a loooooooong time ago, I think Y2K hit the the writers and send them back to the stone age

anyway, to the opening poster, since noone has answeres his questions, I pledge for Gemma Atkinson, she's pretty, she's british and has masive "talent"

gemma-atkinson-pic-5.jpg

Tough call. I'd have to choose between Aria Giovanni, Tera Patrick and Veronica Zemanova to play Lara Croft.

They all have enough talent but they'd need to do some serious training to go from their current "skinny-fat" look to the sort of lean strong muscle needed.

And tera got that new sleave going on... blegh.

I think we need to reboot hollywood.

Hollywood is getting ridiculous with all this "reboot" thing. <_<

"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." :ph34r:

Zemanova for the win. ^_^

But seriously........a Tomb Raider reboot...should star Karima Adebibe, the seventh model of Lara Croft. She did do some combat training for the role and she looks quite young (24) -- perfect for an origin story, IMHO. :mellow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karima_Adebibe

Edited by grss1982

• 1 year later...

anything would be better than the jolie movies. Yes, even if tomb raider became a movie about a hamster in a halter top that saves relics from nazis iguanas.

that actually sounds kind of cute ^_^

• 2 months later...

I'd actually like to see Megan Fox do this movie. What can I say? I actually like her as an actress and think she doesn't deserve half as much flak that she gets.

Yeah - she deserves ALL the flak she gets. I remember that "I'm Hyper-sexual" comment of hers, and now she is trying to say that she quit transformers due to being treated as eye candy. Give me a break.

If she gets her act together and learns some actual acting craft she still might do well for herself, I remember seeing Jennifer Connolly in Labyrinth and thinking she would never make it as an actress, and now she has a well deserved Oscar. To Connolly's credit she never tried to play up the sex bomb starlet routine.

Yeah - she deserves ALL the flak she gets. I remember that "I'm Hyper-sexual" comment of hers, and now she is trying to say that she quit transformers due to being treated as eye candy. Give me a break.

Yeah, but compare her to Brittany Spears or Lindsay Lohan, or Amy Weinhouse. There are no stories about Fox throwing wild parties, starting drunken brawls or flashing her bits at every reporter when she gets out a car... Is the best actress? Nah. Is she better than most of her media-peer group? Seems to be.

Yeah, but compare her to Brittany Spears or Lindsay Lohan, or Amy Weinhouse. There are no stories about Fox throwing wild parties, starting drunken brawls or flashing her bits at every reporter when she gets out a car... Is the best actress? Nah. Is she better than most of her media-peer group? Seems to be.

I try my best not to think about any of them, just because there are MORE messed up people out there does not excuse Megan's lack of acting ability. Have to give her "credit" for not being a royal screwup like that crew though. (such as it is, getting credit for not being as big an idiot as them is really lowering the bar on the idea of giving credit where credit is due)

• 5 years later...
  • 9 months later...

The fate of humanity rests in her hands. Alicia Vikander is Lara Croft. TombRaider Lara Croft, the fiercely independent daughter of a missing adventurer, must push herself beyond her limits when she finds herself on the island where her father disappeared.

From Warner Bros. Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, Tomb Raider is the story that will set a young and resolute Lara Croft on a path toward becoming a global hero. The film stars Oscar winner Alicia Vikander (Ex Machina, The Danish Girl) in the lead role, under the direction of Roar Uthaug (The Wave), with Oscar-winner Graham King (The Departed) producing under his GK Films banner. The film's production begins on the heels of the 20th anniversary of the wildly popular videogame franchise from Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal.

Tomb Raider also stars Dominic West (Money Monster, 300), Walton Goggins (The Hateful Eight, Django Unchained) and Daniel Wu (AMC¹s Into the Badlands).

Follow #TombRaiderMovie on social media