Banpresto Macross F display model

CF18

Fighter only??? YAY!!!!! They seem small though, like the 1/250 line they announced but more detail? Interesting. Either way, if they're any good (basically, NO PVC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least not on the wings, gunpod, anything else that could end up wonky and look terrible) then I am SOOOO THERE.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Too bad it doesn't come with landing gears option. No matter. Must have.

It says approximate length is 13cm. What scale would that be? Too lazy to do the math...

Edit: Ah, near 1:144

Edited by Vifam7

I fail to understand why on heavens earth, this stupid companies insist on putting out this Macross F valks releases WITHOUT super packs, I mean, out of the 25 episodes, in 24 episode they were all wearing their super packs

really... WTF!???

1/144 is a big enough to pack some decent dose of details and landing gears!

That would make these stand apart from the tiny 1/250. I am also not sure I would pay for it if it turns out to be PVC.

Although everything seems fixed in this toy, on the positive side, the legs are "retracted" all the way up.

Its looking pretty PVC to me, Graham. The vertical stabs are quite thick, probably to resist PVC bowing. In fact, even the VF-25G's thick single antennae seems to show a little bit of curve.

Its looking pretty PVC to me, Graham. The vertical stabs are quite thick, probably to resist PVC bowing. In fact, even the VF-25G's thick single antennae seems to show a little bit of curve.

You're right. Crap. I hate PVC.

Since it's Banpresto's "prize toys" (the kind you get from UFO catcher games and gashapon machines), it's more than likely to be PVC. :(

Edited by Vifam7

• 2 weeks later...

It is really looking like PVC, so a pass for me!

I have nothing against PVC but it just seems to me that many PVC toys produced in the last few years just do not stand the test of time.

I have some gashapon toys for over ten years without any problems; no colour fading, sticking or crumbling. But with newer PVC toys, they somehow start to stick and sometimes melt after a few months and they have been stored away from heat and direct sunlight!

Realized there is a twist to these "display" items, namely, keychains!

Alto's F in gerwalk mode:

bnp46056-bbox.jpg

Alto battroid:

bnp46056-cbox.jpg

Ozma's S in battroid:

bnp46056-dbox.jpg

Available for pre-order at HLJ already with a release date set in August, price per item is listed as 665 Yen a piece. They're apparently 8cm. tall in battroid, wonder if it's exactly the same mold as the "display" versions because they used the same pictures and probably photoshopped a keychain on it.

Edited by regult

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of the Macross Frontier Fighter Displays are available for preorder now at HLJ.

Why are only Luca and Michael early bird special discounted?

And what's size difference between the Macross Frontier Fighter Displays and the Macross Frontier Display Figure Minis?

• 1 month later...