Special forces in the Macross universe

We do know the existence of special forces (shown in Macross 7 with the Diamond and Emerald Forces), but my question is can each fleet decide to have them onboard or not ? Macross Frontier did not acknowledge any kind of special forces. And no, I don't consider SMS personals as special forces since they are private military contractors although they did some special force operations (shown in episode 7).

Edited by Macross007

We do know the existence of special forces (shown in Macross 7 with the Diamond and Emerald Forces), but my question is can each fleet decide to have them onboard or not ? Macross Frontier did not acknowledge any kind of special forces. And no, I don't consider SMS personals as special forces since they are private military contractors although they did some special force operations (shows in episode 7).

Well the games put an emphasis on elite squadrons of VF- pilots.

Macross M3 had the Dancing Skulls with special forces cruiser Algenicus. Max and Millia were the pilots you can't get anymore special than that. They were replaced by their adopted daughter Moa who herself is an ace pilot.

Macross VF-X had the small carrier Vahalla III with the operation to rescue a group of idols, Milky Dolls, from a group of Zentradi with upgraded stealth mecha and one original VF that can compete wit the VF-19 and VF-22.

Macross VF-X2 has the VF-X Ravens and the stealth battle carrier Saratoga II. Turns out your boss is actually a fascist and you'll have to stop his machinations.

Edited by RedWolf

Macross VF-X2 has the VF-X Ravens and the stealth battle carrier Saratoga II. Turns out your boss is actually a fascist and you'll have to stop his machinations.

Seriously? That's almost the same story that

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

had.

But the whole thing involved PMCs.

Seriously? That's almost the same story that

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

had.

But the whole thing involved PMCs.

Too bad HAWX is unplayable. I mean, DAMN. You get crappy rear-view or off-to-the-side view.

Back on topic,

I could swear that a 171 unit was called Diamond Force, stationed aboard the Frontier.

in any case they're clearly shown to kick way more ass than normal units.

ani-macross-vf171machida.gif

I love this GIF

Yeah, its just a pity that this squadron was really only glimpsed. Would have been better if they had a larger role.

Taksraven

I think that you could concievably have special forces centered on music genres.

I mean - does everyone have to sing J-Pop?

Can't there be different music-attack groups?

Here's some ideas:

MOZART'S MONSTER:

A VB-6 Koening Monster Kai where the interior has been revamped to fit a classical orchestra that plays classical music to soothe the souls of monsters, giants and wanna be warmongers the universe over.

A.S.S ROCK-1:

A Macross Class fighter, named ASS-1 after Alien Space Ship 1, filled to the brink with ASS ROCK performers in tight spandex, 80s hair, glossy lip-stick and eye-shadow all singing songs that would do Spinal Tap proud.

Elint DecCulture Kai Squadron + Ghosts:

A squadron of VF-25G Electronic Intelligence Reconaissance units with adjoining Ghost units tasked with gathering data on the potential music and cultural tastes of enemies in order to better craft a message of peace love and understanding towards them instead of risking that your message won't get through because the aliens prefer Journey to Britney Spears.

Macross: Karioki:

An entire colony dedicated to Karioke. There are no singer idols here - everyone sings. Telebeams flash words 24/7 and people actually communicate thanks to song. It's like an opera on steroids without the baratome but instead with people singing dorky little pop songs to say things like "I'm hungry" or "man I gotta pee" The colony is often used as a go-to point for re-socialization of alien malcontents who are sent there to live with the people for 5 years and get into the groove and feel their love hearts.

Pete

A.S.S ROCK-1:

A Macross Class fighter, named ASS-1 after Alien Space Ship 1, filled to the brink with ASS ROCK performers in tight spandex, 80s hair, glossy lip-stick and eye-shadow all singing songs that would do Spinal Tap proud.

That sounds so much like visual kei, that you may actually have a point there :lol:

Something like this?

x41.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I think that you could concievably have special forces centered on music genres.

I mean - does everyone have to sing J-Pop?

Can't there be different music-attack groups?

Here's some ideas:

MOZART'S MONSTER:

A VB-6 Koening Monster Kai where the interior has been revamped to fit a classical orchestra that plays classical music to soothe the souls of monsters, giants and wanna be warmongers the universe over.

A.S.S ROCK-1:

Elint DecCulture Kai Squadron + Ghosts:

A squadron of VF-25G Electronic Intelligence Reconaissance units with adjoining Ghost units tasked with gathering data on the potential music and cultural tastes of enemies in order to better craft a message of peace love and understanding towards them instead of risking that your message won't get through because the aliens prefer Journey to Britney Spears.

Macross: Karioki:

An entire colony dedicated to Karioke. There are no singer idols here - everyone sings. Telebeams flash words 24/7 and people actually communicate thanks to song. It's like an opera on steroids without the baratome but instead with people singing dorky little pop songs to say things like "I'm hungry" or "man I gotta pee" The colony is often used as a go-to point for re-socialization of alien malcontents who are sent there to live with the people for 5 years and get into the groove and feel their love hearts.

Pete

What 'bout a VF-9 with a grand piano control system, piloted by a young girl who is both a classically-trained pianist AND a huge, raving Basara fanatic...? ;)

I mean - does everyone have to sing J-Pop? (...)

? Only Minmei and Ranka have been pop. Sound Force was decidedly rock. Sharon Apple and Sheryl Nome are dance/techno/unameit. Sara Nome & the Birdman were opera.

Or, is the complaint more that the lyrics are mostly in Japanese (with the occasional English, French and Zentraadi), and the musical choice doesn't reflect your personal choice? :p

:huh: I am confused by this post.

See topic title:

Special forces in the Macross universe, Special warriors for special warfares

There's another wierd topic title that is confusing S.M.S with S.N.L. ;)

Hey! I thought I was the grammar Nazi! :lol:

Capitalization has nothing to do with grammar.

This is a perfect example of why it's important: Good quality japan comes from Japan.

What 'bout a VF-9 with a grand piano control system, piloted by a young girl who is both a classically-trained pianist AND a huge, raving Basara fanatic...?

That reminds me of a bi-sexual lesbian who accidentally made out with my gay friend who is more of a woman than a man who went out dancing with me (and him) after me and my girlfriend had ANOTHER fight and who later that morning served me coffee and told me the tragic story of how she loved music, and played the piano but decided it wasn't the "practical" thing to do and is wondering what to study in order to make money in the future.

grammar

In the immortal words of Ali-G: wha' eva.

Now - back to the subject at hand.

Here's a relatively sane thought from me:

How about a squadron composed of troopers outfited in X-Gear from Macross: Frontier?

They could be like the equivalent of SEALS and other small team special ops forces which don't have big tanks, big planes, big mecha, big boats or big anything.

The one thing though - the X-Gear would have to have a silent flight system. Or something like that.

How's that? :)

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

That reminds me of a bi-sexual lesbian who accidentally made out with my gay friend who is more of a woman than a man who went out dancing with me (and him) after me and my girlfriend had ANOTHER fight and who later that morning served me coffee and told me the tragic story of how she loved music, and played the piano but decided it wasn't the "practical" thing to do and is wondering what to study in order to make money in the future.

You have an intriguing personal life. And, beyond that, I'm going to leave that particular quote alone.

How about a squadron composed of troopers outfited in X-Gear from Macross: Frontier?

They could be like the equivalent of SEALS and other small team special ops forces which don't have big tanks, big planes, big mecha, big boats or big anything.

The one thing though - the X-Gear would have to have a silent flight system. Or something like that.

How's that? :)

Special forces and special operations have far less to do with the equipment they use than the people using the equipment.

And SMS is doing a lot of missions that can be considered specops--Luca's constant intelligence gathering, Michel's sniping, and utilizing top pilots in specialized Valkyries or Quadalaun-Raus (Sp?) to provide support where regular forces have trouble coping or are unable to do the job are hallmarks of special operations. There are many other missions--snatch and grabs, rescue ops, psychological operations, boarding actions--that SMS carries out that could be considered special operations. They may be a PMC, but SMS is very much into special operation.

What 'bout a VF-9 with a grand piano control system, piloted by a young girl who is both a classically-trained pianist AND a huge, raving Basara fanatic...? ;)

Mio's a Basara fan? I thought she had different tastes than her death metal rocker father.

Edited by RedWolf

Mio's a Basara fan? I thought she had different tastes than her death metal rocker father.

Her dad's no longer a death metal rocker...he got into classical, and that's all Mio has ever heard. But then she runs away, wanders around City 7, and hears Basara singing on TV...she looks positively orgasmic, calls for her piano, and goes wild on it.

And SMS is doing a lot of missions that can be considered specops--Luca's constant intelligence gathering, Michel's sniping, and utilizing top pilots in specialized Valkyries or Quadalaun-Raus (Sp?) to provide support where regular forces have trouble coping or are unable to do the job are hallmarks of special operations. There are many other missions--snatch and grabs, rescue ops, psychological operations, boarding actions--that SMS carries out that could be considered special operations. They may be a PMC, but SMS is very much into special operation.

Could not have said it better myself. Pretty much like the members of Sound Force in M7 with all their fancy (magic some will say) equipments (sound boosters and busters) doing special operation missions without being special operators themselves.

Her dad's no longer a death metal rocker...he got into classical, and that's all Mio has ever heard. But then she runs away, wanders around City 7, and hears Basara singing on TV...she looks positively orgasmic, calls for her piano, and goes wild on it.

Listen to my song!

-Words that changed the world...

• 7 months later...

http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/inde...g36698#msg36698

Thanks to Sketchley.

Hmm... Makes me wonder how many teams comprise the VF-X Ravens. Aegis Focker's team I heard is Alpha Team of the VF-X Ravens. Much like the old Skull Squadron having several teams under Roy. Speaking of Skull this the first time I heard that the Dancing Skulls is a small team. Dancing Skulls were not not only Max and Millia as there is also Moaramia. Also Max and Millia weren't exactly regulars as they come on and off. Off meaning Millia giving birth and raising girls.

Hopefully more info about the special forces carriers will come to light. The Dancing Skulls Algenicus, the VF-X Ravens Saratoga II and the Valhalla III.

All of which come off as unique designs or low production run ships.

Edited by RedWolf

Uhm...

1) my name is Sketchley.

2) don't repost the content. A link will suffice. (Mods, can you erase the copied content? Main reason being if the content is revised to a better translation)

Thank you.

Edited by sketchley