Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

Actually, first thing that popped into my mind with that pose was a famous movie poster..

Once the thought hit me, I just ran with it. :lol:

platoonvalk1.jpg

Well, it was either this, or The Shoulder Redemption... I'll wait for that one till it gets fixed. :p

Nice! Although shouldn't one of his arms be laying on the ground because the shoulder broke? :p

My Sheryl Guard...

With very limited paint skill... and use whatever decals I have on hand... That's the best I can do. I am happy with my first "design"! :)

Turned out great, the decals looked painted on from your pics!!!

I'll do a WWII Luftwaffe Scheme on my VF-1S.

My Sheryl Guard...

With very limited paint skill... and use whatever decals I have on hand... That's the best I can do. I am happy with my first "design"! :)

That's cool, what does it look like in the other modes? I like the swirl around the gun barrel, it would look cool in fighter mounted below.

I love the sheryl guard! Great custom. I look forward to seeing what everyone will do with their blanks.

Right on miriya! I mean I so don't want to see the MG's made in this scale, and looking at the "rough" Sheryl Guard provides just a glimpse of how bad ass the MG's would be with the new 1/60 mold. I've gotta kick my 1/48 addiction so I can pick up more of these. Can you imagine this in the Thunder Hammer armor? That would just be NASTY! That clear Tamiya paint has to come in gold as well and we could get the cool gold sunvisor that was done on the original! Okay, I'm starting to re-think the whole "exclusive 1/48 MG" thing. That being said i'll always love my 1/48's, but looking at this thing really sets the wheels in motion for what can be done with a blank canvas... :blink:

Nice. Any squadron or ace schemes in particular?

I still have to decide, it will be the schem of the captured P-51B out of Wunstorf in the summer of 1944. The paint scheme on this Mustang is typical for captured aircraft operated by the Luftwaffe. The paint scheme is RLM 74 green on the topside and RLM 04 Yellow on the underside and tail. Code letters on the side in white are small "T9" and large black letters "CK". There is also a large Sw....ka on the tail and the T9 CK are also on the underside of the wings. The second option is the P-51B with 2./VVB OKL out of Neuruppin in late 1944. This aircraft was used to train Hungarian FW-190 pilots on how to best use their aircraft against the Mustang. Experienced pilots were also permitted to fly the Mustang. The paint scheme on this Mustang has bare metal finish on the topside and the tail and underside was painted in RLM 04 yellow. This one also sports the Balkenkreuz (German Cross) added along with a Sw....ka on the tail. Code letters on the side in black are small "T9" and large "HK". The prop spinner is yellow and there is a red band going around the front of the nose (will adapt to the nosecone). Anti-glare pane in front of the cockpit windscreen is olive drab.

Very nice work. I was thinking of doing it similar to the MG version, but have those tread marks in a pink instead of blue. Darn it, so should I now do a Ranka Guard? I like Sheryl's character so much more. Great work on the custom. Are you done, or are you doing any more with it?

Very nice work. I was thinking of doing it similar to the MG version, but have those tread marks in a pink instead of blue. Darn it, so should I now do a Ranka Guard? I like Sheryl's character so much more. Great work on the custom. Are you done, or are you doing any more with it?

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

Do whichever you like better! Or just do both. I was thinking about a Ranka Guard too, but Sheryl comes first. And I don't have enough decals for a Ranka Guard... Didn't buy the Deculture Ranka 25F model kit...

Very nice work! I am just curious about some of the markings though especially the circle-bar verniers and the chest obliques, did you paint them or you used decals? I thought the vricle-bar verniers were pretty well done either way

Thanks!

I painted them with a Gundam Marker. For the circle-verniers, there are actually decals for them in the package. But I think it looks better painted than decaled.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the Blank 1S.

So awesome!!!

I think it's stupid that they didn't include all the heads and fast packs...

Suggestion to Yamato...

Blank VF-1s with S, J and A (TV and DYRL) head with blank Fastpacks in LIGHT GRAY.

I'll end up getting all 3 versions anyway... but the choice of heads makes it an easier buy.

In fact... Blank Valks and Destroids in GRAY.

Otherwise, tampo the crap out of the rest of the toys.

Just got the Blank 1S.

So awesome!!!

I think it's stupid that they didn't include all the heads and fast packs...

Suggestion to Yamato...

Blank VF-1s with S, J and A (TV and DYRL) head with blank Fastpacks in LIGHT GRAY.

I'll end up getting all 3 versions anyway... but the choice of heads makes it an easier buy.

In fact... Blank Valks and Destroids in GRAY.

Otherwise, tampo the crap out of the rest of the toys.

haha, I always regard this as Albino valkyrie.

I'm glad I got it... white is a good idea, there's no denying that. But if they are looking to milk the mold some more, gray is the way to go.

i would loved an all transparent version ^_^

Edited by Gunbuster

Seems white was the best choice for this release, as most of the Valks from SDF Macross are in a white color. A gry would be cool, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for it. BTW, anyone else have these and started work on a custom yet??? Let's see some more stuff.

Mine finally arrived from HW Japan. Opened it up last night. Looks great. Tight as heck. Looks much better in person.

One thing I am curious about though is that there were two decal sheets and one sticker sheet. The two decal sheets were the one with the stripe markings in all 4 colors and the other being the detail markings with the cockpit, kites, skulls, etc. As for stickers mine only came with the stripe stickers, no detail markings set. I suppose that I could use my VF-1D set if I wanted to go that route.

Did anyone else get theirs shipped missing a sticker sheet?

• 1 month later...

Not to unintentionally update a thread that's been sleeping for a few months, but where is the unassembled, unpainted VF-1S kit gone to? It used to be on HLJ at about 5,800 yen but now the only thing showing if you do a search is the unpainted (non-kit, assembled) version.

A couple of posts above, it's mentioned that Yamato will delay the release till March. Anyone heard anything else about what's happening?

Not to unintentionally update a thread that's been sleeping for a few months, but where is the unassembled, unpainted VF-1S kit gone to? It used to be on HLJ at about 5,800 yen but now the only thing showing if you do a search is the unpainted (non-kit, assembled) version.

A couple of posts above, it's mentioned that Yamato will delay the release till March. Anyone heard anything else about what's happening?

Try here: http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00185

Still saying March. So usually that means end of the month.