Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

Yeah two units,

Assembled, unpainted public release, 7900 yen:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/detail.php?gid=1519

Unassembled, unpainted limited release, 5800 yen:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/detail.php?gid=1543

But remember HLJ may carry this limited release in the future. Unassemebled make sense since you have to take it apart anyway to properly paint it.

Is that water slide or just sticker?

But remember HLJ may carry this limited release in the future. Unassemebled make sense since you have to take it apart anyway to properly paint it.
This was what I was thinking. HLJ did officially announce they have a deal with Yamato to sell exclusives now.

Not saying they will but it's definitely more probable now.

It is about time! Fantastic! I want both! But definitely they should sell a heads pack as an accessory pack with A D J S and maybe even the Elintseeker and Ostrich heads too. Also a pilot pack would be good.

I guess this release opens a whole lot of possibilities ^_^

Hmm, so this erases the model/toy line all in one stroke.

Could this be the future of Yamato strategy until the global economy gets better. It would be kind of nice to get various 1/60 (YF-21, YF-19, etc.), but then again who has the time to build all these? :lol:

Also, wouldn't selling these on sprues make it easier for bootlegs to appear?

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I always thought they will milk more schemes from V2 before they release the blank version.

They already made 18 from the same base mold:

VF-1S Roy DYRL

VF-1A Hikaru DYRL

VF-1J Hikaru TV

VF-1S Hikaru DYRL

VF-1D TV

VF-1S Max TV

VF-1A Max TV

VF-1A Kakizaki DYRL

VF-1A Max TV

VF-1A Kakizaki TV

VF-1J CF TV

VF-1A CF TV

VT-1 DYRL

VE-1 DYRL

VF-1S Low vis

VF-1J Max TV

VF-1J Millia TV

VF-1D Virgin Road TV

It may be the most milked toy mold ever.

They already made 18 from the same base mold:

VF-1S Roy DYRL

VF-1A Hikaru DYRL

VF-1J Hikaru TV

VF-1S Hikaru DYRL

VF-1D TV

VF-1S Max TV

VF-1A Max TV

VF-1A Kakizaki DYRL

VF-1A Max TV

VF-1A Kakizaki TV

VF-1J CF TV

VF-1A CF TV

VT-1 DYRL

VE-1 DYRL

VF-1S Low vis

VF-1J Max TV

VF-1J Millia TV

VF-1D Virgin Road TV

It may be the most milked toy mold ever.

VF-1A Angle Birds is on the way..... :lol:

I thought they might do some other custom schemes like they did in 1/48 line, but I guess the economy is really slow and not cost effective to run in low volume with those less desirable schemes. I always wanted the blue rose, minmay guards, low viz scheme in VF-1A.

I guess it makes sense for them to sell these blank valk for our own custom job.

So, for all those who disagreed with me about an unassembled unpainted prototype sold through Yamato's site being cheaper: I accept your apologies.

It's web shop exclusive so it's going to be more expensive to us overseas people (think that was my concern too back then). Doh!

omgomgomgomgomg....win.

If anyone can offer these for a good price, I'll probably pick up an entire squadron's worth... well, maybe. But at least a few. I've got a huge stash of 1/72 F-14 markings, and only one F-14 in 1/72. :lol:

C'mon Overdrive/HLJ, make it happen. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

So, for all those who disagreed with me about an unassembled unpainted prototype sold through Yamato's site being cheaper: I accept your apologies.

Haha... not so fast! We've gotta look at the final price tag for people who wants them but outside of Japan!

Either way, with the advent of these un-assembled and completed versions, I think the message is clear to all the decal makers that the market for 1/60 decals have finally opened up.

personally I would lobve to see and likely pay money for schemes like Blue Roses, Minmay Guards, Enigmas etc etc... and also not forgetting Angel Birds as well!

I've cancelled my preassembled white in favour of the kit version for now. Hopefully that was the right play. I planned on painting it myself anyway, so it seemed like the obvious decision.

Given where I live, the "web shop exclusive" would mean the kit version would turn out to be more expensive or the same priced as the preassembled version.

But I agree that for people in, say North America, the kit version may be cheaper both in goods cost and shipping cost.