Bandai 1/48 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread

azrael

Not bad sizes, a little disappointing though in a way. For such a large scale I was hoping for more, but numbers don't lie. Oh well. I hope it's actually NOT anime accurate...I'd love something ala Strike PG (Beecraft design) vs. Anime Strike. It doesn't have to be accurate, just superior.

Not bad sizes, a little disappointing though in a way. For such a large scale I was hoping for more, but numbers don't lie. Oh well. I hope it's actually NOT anime accurate...I'd love something ala Strike PG (Beecraft design) vs. Anime Strike. It doesn't have to be accurate, just superior.

Hellyeah!

That would be awesome.

I smell mothballs... Normally, BanDai likes to release new "glimpses" of a given project in little monthly spurts and this time, they've gone 2 months without releasing anything at all for this puppy. I'm worried.
I have a feeling that they are aiming for a Spring release. I think they will wait for hype to build up after the movie premiere, and unveil this before Xmas.

I also have the feeling that this will incorporate more detail than the 1/72 kit, have the articulation of the VF100's toy, be more durable/sturdy than both, have perfect transformation like the DX, but will be anime accurate unlike the DX and be the ultimate Bandai VF-25 for quite sometime.

Despite all this, I too wonder what's going on with this.

You never know. I mean, look at the PG 0 raiser. It was just announced about a month, maybe 6 weeks ago (the 1st I heard of it anyway), and it's already coming out at the end of the year. Knowing Bandai, they already have a working Alto prototype, and are using it to make the heads, guns, etc. of the others so they can drop them on us like the 1/72 line, one every 4-8 weeks or so. I really hate that, because I like having time to save for this stuff. I just preordered the 0 raiser PG, at 300 bucks. Now, I have to pay for it, then put the money back into savings and pray nothing else comes out that I want between Nov. and whenever I put it back.

You never know. I mean, look at the PG 0 raiser. It was just announced about a month, maybe 6 weeks ago (the 1st I heard of it anyway), and it's already coming out at the end of the year. Knowing Bandai, they already have a working Alto prototype, and are using it to make the heads, guns, etc. of the others so they can drop them on us like the 1/72 line, one every 4-8 weeks or so. I really hate that, because I like having time to save for this stuff. I just preordered the 0 raiser PG, at 300 bucks. Now, I have to pay for it, then put the money back into savings and pray nothing else comes out that I want between Nov. and whenever I put it back.

Wait... They're already making a 00 PG.

I was not expecting this. :blink: Well, it can wait 4 or 5 years for the price to drop. $300 for a Gundam from that series is WAY too much, for me, at least. Hell, I'd barely pay half that for what is colloquially referred to as the best PG yet, Strike. Also, looking at the PDF from the Bandai site, it doesn't look very flexible, for a PG.

However, thinking of this, they released 2 PGs pretty close to each other awhile back; I'm not sure whether that was Strike and Skygrasper or not, but maybe they'll release VF-25 as a PG, then, hm? Almost definitely next year, though.

Wait... They're already making a 00 PG.

I was not expecting this. :blink: Well, it can wait 4 or 5 years for the price to drop. $300 for a Gundam from that series is WAY too much, for me, at least. Hell, I'd barely pay half that for what is colloquially referred to as the best PG yet, Strike. Also, looking at the PDF from the Bandai site, it doesn't look very flexible, for a PG.

However, thinking of this, they released 2 PGs pretty close to each other awhile back; I'm not sure whether that was Strike and Skygrasper or not, but maybe they'll release VF-25 as a PG, then, hm? Almost definitely next year, though.

The 00 PG is expensive, but it comes with the Raiser fighter, stand, light up GN drives, the whole deal. So you do get A LOT for the money. Like I said though, I'm sure they'll sit on the VF-25 for a while, until Gundam PG kits go stagnant again sales wise. Can't steal from Gundam thunder, right?

The 00 PG is expensive, but it comes with the Raiser fighter, stand, light up GN drives, the whole deal. So you do get A LOT for the money. Like I said though, I'm sure they'll sit on the VF-25 for a while, until Gundam PG kits go stagnant again sales wise. Can't steal from Gundam thunder, right?

This is true.

However, the GN Drives are a cheap and easy gimmick, and the Strike Rouge with Skygrasper and Aile Striker PG only costs, what, $200 US? That's $100 less for more gimmick. Also, I'm fairly certain the Strike is more poseable than 00. That's what the PDF is telling me.

If you want to rant about PG 00, we have a thread for that here. This thread is for the 1/48 VF-25, when it should ever come out.

It's not really about the PG 00, it's about PG kits in general, and since we know so little about the VF-25, all we really have to base/speculate this discussion is Gundam PG's since that's all there are (minus EVA 01).

However, I see your point. I'm starting to wonder when we here something new, strange we haven't heard more by now.