RONIN WARRIORS!

More Info Here!

Oh man.....I wasn't expecting to see new Samurai Troopers Yoroiden AKA RONIN WARRIORS figures anytime soon! It was one of those toylines that I wished for but didn't exactly think would happen. Thank goodness it's going to! The Playmates figures from back in the day are inadequate and disappointing. Their redeeming factor now is their removable armor, and that's it.

Bandai is going to show them how it should have been done in the first place. I loved this series growing up, and now we'll finally get a worthy toyline out of it!

Destroy? Or utterly ass rape the playmates line to its bare spring bones! Pardon my language, but this was something I thought toy companies had forgotten.
I remember that Playmates was very fond of using the V-crotch. Did not work well at all with their smaller Superhuman Samurai Cybersquad figures, and was terrible, possibly at it's worst with the Ronin Warriors figures.

For an anime with the most athletic samurai I've seen onscreen, it's a shame that the figures could not even come anywhere close to replicating the poses we saw onscreen. No, instead we got that damn "DAO JI!" spring attack. Every punch I tried making my figures do wound up looking like a curled up bitch slap. Every kick ended up looking like a knee jerk. All I wanted to do was to be able to pose the damn things in attacking poses!

they were made by Takara first and came with metal hands and feet
Takara made them first? That's a surprise, I didn't know that. I'd expect better from them, even back then. Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

i cant see pics since Im not signing up to toyarc, but if these are anything like the Saint Seiya figures, I might get them even though i have neevr seen the show.

The figure picture from toyarc looks too skinny, I hope it's not a pre-production picture.

Yupe, it's something like Saint Seiya. Hope all 10-12 of them will be made. ^_^

Edit: Attached is a fan-made CG picture.

post-3718-1242307327_thumb.jpg

Edited by Repiv_Onex

Oh hell yeah!!! I got a bunch of the figs from this show back in the day, but now I'll definitely have to pay attention to these guys. Any clue about an estimated cost? (like $10-20, $20-30, $30-40, etc.)

Edit: Forgot to ask, has this series ever been officially subtitled or even fansubbed?

Edit#2: Are the Japanese and English Dub significantly different?

Edited by protostar8

Finalfrigginly! I was looking at the only saint saiya figure I have and was wondering why can't the ronin warriors be made like that? With metal armor and removable and the figure is super poseable too! Oh man I can't wait for this line! I hope they make them all including Lady Kayura, white and black blaze! what would kick @$$!! Please keep us updated on this! I am so buying them all! ^_^

Yes, years back, around 2002 or so.

Okay. Just wondering. I know I have the OVA's subbed (and now a complete set of dubbed episodes of the normal show). I may look into the subbed version of the normal show if the show was very different from the dubbed version.

I saw the show back in the day.

Imagine how powerful Ryo would be if he had all 9 armors when he formed Harial's Armor of Inferno (I don't think he had all nine armors at once).

actually he did have all nine armors at one point. It was the second time ryo fought talpa and talpa was like huge. But yeah Ryo took in all the armors and was able to defeat talpa.

• 2 months later...

I LOVED this show as a kid. Not sure I'm interested in the toys, since my wife barely lets me get away with some Transformers, but still.

You know what'd be cool? A Ronin Warriors video game.

Edited by mikeszekely

I remember that Playmates was very fond of using the V-crotch. Did not work well at all with their smaller Superhuman Samurai Cybersquad figures, and was terrible, possibly at it's worst with the Ronin Warriors figures.

I should have picked the Playmates ones for kicks long ago, but these new ones look better. The last time I saw them were in a discount bin at a K.B. Toys.

i think it was 9 or 10 (good guys 5 and bad guys 4 i think total)

They actually released 11 armors, 6 good and 5 bad.

6 good were Ryo, Rowen, Kento, Cye, Sage, and Ryo in Hariel armor aka inferno.

5 bad were Anubis, Cale, Sekhmet, Dais, and Talpa

I can't wait till these new ones come out!

Well for those who care this latest pic shows off the metal content on wildfire's armor. Looks like the chest, shoulders, part of the forearm, hips, crotch, feet and leg armor are all metal!

Yeah, this was expected since bandai did this in their Saint Seiya line. Can't wait for this to come out!