Bandai 1/250 Macross Fighter Collection

CF18

post-467-1259778067_thumb.jpg

Well this one is interesting - never saw those extra boxes on the line art, DX or model photos. I guess it is a space use version?

There is a front view screen capture pic of it, IIRC in the movie guide book, which came out a few weeks ago.

Yeah, I was wondering about the difference, but space use version makes sense.

Graham

post-467-1259888442_thumb.jpg

source

I can't find a better version yet, but that sure looks like a VF-4 at the lower right corner.

Also you may have noticed but the part 3 will be more expensive - 6000 yen for a set of 12, while part 1 and 2 was listed at 5040 yen for a set of 12 .

Also base on amiami listing:

Part 1: Total 16 + 1 secret

Part 2: Total 19 types + secret.

Part 3: Basic Version: 21, Deculture Version: 4, Secret Version: 2

Edited by CF18

I love these little fellas, but really Bandai, 3 series in and no sign of a VF-171 in this line or indeed any of your toy and model lines!!!!! Grrrr........ <_<

There's loads of mold-milking potential with the VF-171/VF-171EX and it's not like it only had a few seconds screen time. They appeared in quite a number of episodes in the Frontier TV series.

C'mon Bandai, let's start having some VF-171 love!

Graham

Also you may have noticed but the part 3 will be more expensive - 6000 yen for a set of 12, while part 1 and 2 was listed at 5040 yen for a set of 12 .

Not surprised, given that most of the VFs in the series come with Fast Packs, Armored Packs, Fold Boosters etc.

Graham

I grabbed 2 boxes of Set 2 on HLJ's Black Friday sale. They are currently on their way with the rest of my order. I would have gotten Set 1 also, but they were out.

I'm looking forward to checking them out. I'm still not happy with Bandai for making it impossible to get a complete set of basic Valkyries by buying a whole box (with the exception of a chase or 2). I admit, I don't have a lot of experience with trading figures, but I thought that was pretty much the standard. I could be wrong though.

I was just going to buy complete sets off ebay. But the prices are pretty crazy. So I'll take my chances with multiple boxes and hopefully I'll at least get one complete set.

I got my 2 boxes of set 2 and I'm still shy 3 for a complete set:

YF-21

VF-25 Tornado pack

VF-1A Angel Birds

If anyone wants to sell any of these please let me know

Thanks!

You wouldn't, by any chance, have spares of the following you'd be willing to part with, by chance?

VF-25

VF-2SS

(if they are, in fact, in the set)

Edited by Robelwell202

You wouldn't, by any chance, have spares of the following you'd be willing to part with, by chance?

VF-25

VF-2SS

(if they are, in fact, in the set)

Got a VF-2SS (Nexx version) and a VF-25A (fodder version) from set 2.

$10 for one, and $17 for both (includes US shipping).

Excellent!

PM Sent

Any other spares you'd wanna get rid of?

Here's what I got at the moment.

post-9743-1261126721_thumb.jpg

VF-27beta (fodder version)

post-9743-1261126731_thumb.jpg

VF-1S (DYRL Max version)

post-9743-1261126740_thumb.jpg

VF-1A (fodder version)

post-9743-1261150662_thumb.jpg

VF-1A (TV Max version)

$10 for the first, and $7 for each additional unit. US shipping is included with the cost.

Edited by nanoplasm

post-467-1259778067_thumb.jpg

Well this one is interesting - never saw those extra boxes on the line art, DX or model photos. I guess it is a space use version?

Alto's VF-25F only had those "boxes" when he first took off from MQ (which was in space, so your theory is probably right).

The movie didn't show when they were jetisoned, but they were gone by the time he's fighting inside the MF dome.

The movie program book shows the boxes still attached in all three valk modes.

It also had CAD drawing which shows the boxes opens up from the side (away from the torso), and house what looks like micro missles.

The intake covers for the four aux engines appear to be hollow/solid inside.

post-9743-1261124427_thumb.jpg

VF-2SS

It looks nice, and it's nice to see they've managed to spell Nexx Gilbert's name correctly, but the incorrect U.N. Spacy kite variant and the wrong size listed for the fighter kind of spoils it for me... how they came up with 15.2 meters is a mystery, since the super variant is only 14 meters long, and that's counting the big protruding railgun barrel. The unarmored variant is only supposed to be ~13.5m long. (Calculation from the size comparison in This is Animation Special #5 yields sizes of exactly 14m for the SAP version, and 13.505m for the unarmored version).

With the pack distribution there is definitely no shortage of VF-2SS.

But there is no love for you VF-2SS fans in the up coming 3rd set. :(

A shame, to be sure, but something we're used to by now.

no Super Armored Pack VF-2SS, its a crime:(

Indeed.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Ok, are these blind-boxed like every other recent small Japanese toy, and I'm going to have to resort to ebay to get Grace's green VF-27? (which could be very hard, as my Paypal workaround just stopped working, and I have basically no way to pay overseas sellers now)

Ok, are these blind-boxed like every other recent small Japanese toy, and I'm going to have to resort to ebay to get Grace's green VF-27? (which could be very hard, as my Paypal workaround just stopped working, and I have basically no way to pay overseas sellers now)

buy from someone living near you, several people in this thread have posted what they have extras. I think nanoplasm has an extra VF-27beta here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=814544

I got my 2 boxes of set 2 and I'm still shy 3 for a complete set:

YF-21

VF-25 Tornado pack

VF-1A Angel Birds

If anyone wants to sell any of these please let me know

Thanks!

Do you have any spares you want to trade? I might be able to hook you up with at least one of the three you are missing. B))

It looks nice, and it's nice to see they've managed to spell Nexx Gilbert's name correctly, but the incorrect U.N. Spacy kite variant and the wrong size listed for the fighter kind of spoils it for me... how they came up with 15.2 meters is a mystery, since the super variant is only 14 meters long, and that's counting the big protruding railgun barrel. The unarmored variant is only supposed to be ~13.5m long. (Calculation from the size comparison in This is Animation Special #5 yields sizes of exactly 14m for the SAP version, and 13.505m for the unarmored version).

It feels like they don't care much about the accuracy of anything M2 related, or they are trying to retro-con away the subtle differences unique to M2 to make life easier for the franchise manager. <_<

buy from someone living near you, several people in this thread have posted what they have extras. I think nanoplasm has an extra VF-27beta here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=814544

Lol, thanks for the prop.

Yeah, I still have one more 'sealed in bag' VF-27 beta and one more out of the bag on display. Both are at F&S's booth.

Please let me know if you want either one, and I will have it taken off the shelf.

Edited by nanoplasm

It feels like they don't care much about the accuracy of anything M2 related, or they are trying to retro-con away the subtle differences unique to M2 to make life easier for the franchise manager. <_<

Y'know what... I can live with some subtle errors in the minor details of the merchandise so long as Macross II gets some more acknowledgment and new products. Clearly they checked at least one canon source, since they got the weight correct and the right pilot name down, but didn't want to be arsed to dig around for its size and made an educated guess based on the main continuity trends of new fighters being generally larger than the VF-1.

It won't stop me from hunting down every Macross II valk that ends up being represented in the 1/250 collection.

After one box of Vol.1, two boxes of Vol.2 and 3 opened ones on ebay, I am still missing six regular ones and all of the secret ones.

VF-1S Max

VF-25F Tornado

YF-19

VF-19F Commander

VF-19F Mass Production

VF-19 Kai

Pretty annoying that I can't find a YF-19, since it is my favorite. Also wouldn't mind the VF-1S Max and VF-25F Tornado. Kinda indifferent about the M7 ones I'm missing.

If anybody has spares of the ones I'm missing, especially the YF-19, I'm willing to buy.

These are definitely my most played with toys at the moment. I get a few of them out pretty much every night and zoom them around having pretend dogfights while I'm watching TV in the bedroom. Annoys the wife no end. :p

In fact I haven't touched any of my 1/60 Yamato or Bandai toys for ages. When I bought home the 1/60 VF-22S Max last night and took it out of the box, it just seemed too massive.

I really hope we get some SV-51 toys in series 4 (if there is a series 4), along with of course VF-17. VF-171 & VF-11.

I reckon with all the possible variants, Bandai could easily do 6-7 series and that's not even starting on Battroid or Gerwalk figures!

Graham

These are definitely my most played with toys at the moment. I get a few of them out pretty much every night and zoom them around having pretend dogfights while I'm watching TV in the bedroom. Annoys the wife no end. :p

In fact I haven't touched any of my 1/60 Yamato or Bandai toys for ages. When I bought home the 1/60 VF-22S Max last night and took it out of the box, it just seemed too massive.

I really hope we get some SV-51 toys in series 4 (if there is a series 4), along with of course VF-17. VF-171 & VF-11.

I reckon with all the possible variants, Bandai could easily do 6-7 series and that's not even starting on Battroid or Gerwalk figures!

Graham

I hear ya, and I am doing my share of keeping the demands up.

I am buying up any reasonably-priced Series 2 box I can find, and pre-ordering Series 3 boxes to keep Bandai pumping these things out.

Series 2 was completely sold out in Taiwan like 2 weeks after unloading from the container. Hopefully the importer is going to place a much larger order for series 3, even if it cost a bit more.

Distribution on the variants was pretty horrid for series 2, requiring at least 3 boxes to complete a whole set. If you are lucky/unlucky enough to pull the alpha, it replace one of rare/uncommon variant spot inside the box, probably forcing at least a 4th box. :(

There are so many awesome Valkyries that they could include in additional series. Along with the ones you've mentioned, I would love to see the VF-4, VE-1 and VT-1, YF-19 and YF-21 with fold boosters, VF-0A and VF-0S with ghost boosters, VF-2SS with super parts, and maybe even the VF-5000. That's almost enough for a series 4 right there.

I'd love to see the standard grey VF-0D as well, which should be an easy one, since they already have the mold from the blue VF-0D Shin type.

I hope all gunpods are painted from series 3 onwards. It's wierd that they only painted the VF-25 and Hikaru's VF-1A gunpod in series 2.

Graham

I'd love to see the standard grey VF-0D as well, which should be an easy one, since they already have the mold from the blue VF-0D Shin type.

I hope all gunpods are painted from series 3 onwards. It's wierd that they only painted the VF-25 and Hikaru's VF-1A gunpod in series 2.

Graham

Is the Gpod on your Hikky 1J from series 1 painted as well?

• 1 month later...