Bandai 1/250 Macross Fighter Collection

CF18

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More details on Set 2:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/10/ker...-macross-f.html

Looks like the secrets ones are:

M+ YF-19

VF-25F Alto's Unit Atmospheric Flight Type (gee, now they add the FAST packs)

VF-25 from that special order, with Yellow/Blue markings

I think the color is off on that group pic tho, I dont think the VF-1 CF is supposed to be orange!

Very nice! If anyone is getting set 2 and doesn't want the YF-19, YF-21, or the Storm Pack VF-25, let me know. It's almost tempting enough to buy a full set just to get the YF-19 and YF-21 at that scale. Have two little mini's to mess around with at my PC. ;)

Quality wise, are these nicer than the 1/200's that came out awhile back? (I know they were multi-mode, so just a comparison of fighter modes would rock)

I did a review of these on anymoon.com. Shameless plug and all, you should take a look and see if that helps you out.

Thanks. I read the reviews on both and I see that it's really an aesthetic choice. I'd love to pick up a YF-19 set from the Yamato's 1/200, but I can never find a full set (only Battroid and Gerwalk), so I may just go with the 1/250's Fighter mode since that's what I like the most anyway (assuming I can find a seller parting with one for a reasonable price). Thanks for the reviews as always! (Man, gotta get me a Toynami Blue Beta at some point too when one goes on sale somewhere)

• 3 weeks later...
I picked up a box of the first series when they came out. Managed to get no duplicates. My box had:

VF-0B, VF-0D, VF-0A, VF-1A Kakizaki, VF-1J Hikaru, VF-1J Max, VF-1J Miria, VF-19P (bleh), VF-25G, VF-25F and VF2ss

Conveniently, the second set comes out on my payday!

I believe each case does not have duplicates but you may not be able to get everything coz there are a total of 16+1 secret and there are only 12 pcs in each case

Reposting my gashapon math: :)

Since there are 17 possible toys with only 12 slots (assuming you buy the full set), the probability that you will get the valkyrie you want is 51.67%.

1) Probability that a Given Slot does not have what you want: 16/17 = .9412

2) Probability that all 12 slots will not give you what you want: (.9412)^12 = .4833

3) Therefore, the "opposite" of step 2 is the probability of getting the valkyrie you want: 1 - .4833 = .5167

mellow.gif

Of course I'm making the assumption that there are equal amounts of each model made, and the process of slotting the toys is truly random.... which is a big assumption.

So you have roughly a 1 in 2 chance of getting a specific model.

Edited by Ghost Train

• 2 weeks later...

Set 2 is already out here in Hong Kong.

I picked up a full set (19pcs), less the secret Ranka VF-25F yesterday evening in a shop on the 2/F of the Oriental 188 Center in Wanchai for HK$588 (approx. US$75.38).

Quality and sculpt of these little fighters is pretty good for the size and I've really warmed up to them.

VF-25F with Tornado pack is pretty awesome and the two VF-27 actually have painted gunpods, which is a first for this series.

Recently I've found myself playing with these far more than my more high-end transforming VF toys. I guess there's something to be said for simplicity afterall!

Can't wait to see what's in set 3. Hopefully, we'll get some Armored and Super VF-25, a Max and Milia VF-22S, VF-11C/B/D and my main wish - VF-17D/S and VF-171/VF-171EX.

Graham

Looks like an easy pass for me... I'm not going to buy more toys I already own with super parts.

EDIT - LOL, I mean "at this scale I'm not going..."

Heh, that's an easy buy for me. I love these little critters and I love the VF-25 Super/Armored packs, so don't mind having them in multiple scales.

Graham

Eh, I don't know. The tornado vf-25 in the movie certainly never had those boxes... maybe in the second one.

Anyway, here's what I got for the box of 12 I got from Tokyo last week:

VF-2S Nexx

VF-0S Roy

VF-1S Max

VF-1S Roy

VF-1A CF

VF-19 Demonstrator colors

YF-22

VF-25 CF

RVF-25

VF-25 Ozma

VF-27 CF

VF-27 Brera

I'm quite happy with my mix, since I really wanted the CFs from Collection 2. Would have liked to have gotten the Tornado VF-25 but guess you can't win em all.

Anyone else buying full boxes of 12, post what you got here. Curious to see the distribution. :)