On 5/27/2020 at 12:48 PM, hutch said:

Chest looks like angry Batman. Cannot unsee

The chest?  I couldn't even get past the mask.  <_<

It looks like they're attempting to homage the original Predator costume...

3364f3f320a18fede9f71ca36935ca61.jpg

You know, the one that John McTiernan rejected outright because it looked so stupid.

Got my 52Toys BeastBox Xenomorph and Alien Queen today.  The Xenomorph is a bit limited in the articulation/poseability dept, mostly b/c of its size. The Alien Queen definitely manifests some improvements, both in getting the anatomy closer to source, and improved articulation compared to the Xenomorph.  The Queen is just a brilliant bit of engineering to compress her down to a 2"x2"x2"cube. Both are a lot of fun to mess with. I've got their Powerloader PO'd; the only downside is that it doesn't come with a Ripley figure to strap in.

For those interested, 52Toys already have a proto for a Predator in the same line, so something to look forward to.

100_4605.JPG

Edited by M'Kyuun

On 5/28/2020 at 10:50 AM, tekering said:

The chest?  I couldn't even get past the mask.  <_<

It looks like they're attempting to homage the original Predator costume...

*snip*

You know, the one that John McTiernan rejected outright because it looked so stupid.

Ha ha ha ha ha - that was terrible!

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

CBE3E11C-960E-488C-A7FF-62492FC35FFF.jpeg.02c67ea4e9a5e573a2ad7e8fc264be2e.jpeg

Want. 

That looks badass.

-b.

58 minutes ago, Hikuro said:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/110600. Saw the listing for this on my email from BBTS and I'm scratching my head cause this came out of no where....and was just like WTF? 

They've also got this one.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/126128

Kinda cool merging Aliens and Dinosaurs.

On 6/3/2020 at 10:14 PM, Mommar said:

They've also got this one.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/126128

Kinda cool merging Aliens and Dinosaurs.

It certainly adds to that old Kenner feel of slap any animal to a Xenomorph.

Has anyone tried predator hunting grounds? I picked up a PC digital copy for 20 bucks and sort of mixed feelings. The tutorials are awful and there just isn’t a lot to do in the game since it requires you to level up your account to unlock more goods. But also have encountered a lot of bugs and cheaters.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on BBTS today. I want it soooooooooo bad. I'm not spending that kind of money ($1300) on it and I don't have room for a 4ft long toy either. But it's sweet!866b3942-19ee-4eef-90c5-3c714e25aeb2.jpg.84da913d3cc5bf57be756f250d019399.jpg

It also made me think of this. Which always cracks me up.

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Yes. Locked in a closet of my dreams....along with that Sulaco...LOL.

I want to pull the trigger on the Rifle. I have just the spot for it. I haven't been able to find a review though. I'm not spending that sort of money on a gamble. I've gotten bit a few times now. I'm learning.

10 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Lovely Hollywood Rifle Prop - of course they say it has caseless ammunition but when Ripley is shown how to use the Rifle the ammo is clearly in cases in the clip...

Hollywood needs to hire the John Wick "prop coordinator" for every single movie and TV show. I think it's Taren Tactical. They train the actors and supply the hardware as far as I know.

Neo KILLING it on the range. He can actually shot. It's impressive.

The thing that bothers me about that replica is that I don't remember seeing a brown one in the movie. I think they were all green. If I'm going to spend that sort of money it better be perfect. Does anyone know if they had brown ones in the movie too?

EDIT: I found this. Man, I could swear that is green.

The original color of the Pulse Rifles in Aliens has long been a cause of debate. The props originally used on set were actually painted in Humbrol 170 "Brown Bess", not green as is often erroneously stated (although due to on-set lighting, the weapons often appear to be olive green on-screen). This green has since been accepted as the standard finish and has been replicated in virtually every appearance of the weapon since, with the notable exception of Alien3, where the Pulse Rifles carried by Weyland-Yutani Commandos were finished in black (although some of these props were later repainted in an olive green for display).

cb141c54ba5c24cbf222769a4d0c568b9315ea72

Is this one green or brown?

ThzT3R8MvCCcbRqYVurZma0KLsa8H8yAH5tOSkQ-

Is this one green or brown?

tGjA2GkTxF55vLFFAkVe2cWQTo9WhXTb8dGe2em5

This could be brown???

Bill-paxton-aliens-c10103879%5B1%5D.jpeg

Edited by sqidd

^Similar to the Drop Ship and APC 'real' vs. 'screen color' discussion. 

How the vehicles were painted in real life, compared to how they appear on screen don't always match. Apparently the same as the weapons and other props. Admittedly that brown pulse rifle is AWFULLY brown.

-b.

I'd go with not using actual color and instead using what it looked like on screen.  The reason is color correction on screen makes the actual color almost meaningless.  For an extreme example think of black and white films where things in real life were all kinds of whacky colors that only looked good in Black and White.  

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

I'd go with not using actual color and instead using what it looked like on screen.  The reason is color correction on screen makes the actual color almost meaningless.  For an extreme example think of black and white films where things in real life were all kinds of whacky colors that only looked good in Black and White.  

For sure, that's why I only kept the screen color variant of the Drop Ship and APC.

50 minutes ago, sqidd said:

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:D B))

-b.

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I hate NECA Target exclusives and everything that is a Walmart exclusive.

I imagine NECA hates exclusives as well... but if they can't sell the whole toy line at retail, I'd rather they offer exclusives as sales incentives, instead of simply cancelling production of figures (or vehicles) that otherwise wouldn't be viable.  Sometimes exclusives are the only way a toy gets made...  :unknw:

19 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I'd go with not using actual color and instead using what it looked like on screen.

...and sometimes releasing multiple paint variants is the only way a toy gets made.  If a single version won't sell enough to justify the cost of production, releasing "onscreen color" and "studio color" variants has a greater chance of satisfying picky fans with particular tastes (like us), and will entice the obsessive fans to buy multiples of the same toy (like us).  :db:

9043cca50050fcf0ddeaa1f0a8d0e6229eeffac5

On 6/18/2020 at 10:57 PM, sqidd said:

Do any of you have this?

HCO10194_o.jpg

For the money I could buy me a real rifle that isn't as heavy. That being said I'd pay for a real Pulse Rifle, even if it only shot pistol caliber and the grenade launcher was replaced with a shot gun. Though I wonder if that is even legal here in the States. Hmmmm...

3 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

For the money I could buy me a real rifle that isn't as heavy. That being said I'd pay for a real Pulse Rifle, even if it only shot pistol caliber and the grenade launcher was replaced with a shot gun. Though I wonder if that is even legal here in the States. Hmmmm...

I have plenty of real rifles.:p

A very good friend of mine is an old timer who is a master machinist/fabricator and was a Master Class USPSA shooter. He's made guns from scratch more than once. His most recent challenge was a bullpup. He bought a Tavor (sp) which is actually really nice to shoot. A little heavy, but nice. He wanted to see if he could do something better and built a one off bullpup using a LOT of carbon fiber and magnesium chambered in 300 Blackout. It's really sweet. He's also a HUGE Sci Fi and Fantasy fan. I asked him yesterday about building a couple functional pulse rifles. One for each of us. We're going to take a look at the replica when it comes in and maybe buy one of the DIY kits to use as a starting point. The plan is a rifle round. Most likely 556 but maybe 300 Blackout. And definitely an under slung shotgun "grenade launcher". We're both slammed all summer. Hoping to get to it this winter. I'd love to whip that sucker out at the range and start yelling quotes from the movie! Mostly Hudson quotes.

This whole scene.:D

42 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Dear GOD.....PLEASE video this to Youtube and link it here when you have that range day! 

For sure! I belong to a private club (sound a lot more swanky than it is) that we can do just about anything we want. We have a lot of steel targets. We'll set up a 200m course of fire that will drain six AR and five pistol mags (all my belt will hold) to clear. It's super fun being able to set up whatever you want. We're trying to raise enough money to get a shoot house built out there too. Those are tons of fun!

Gonna have to get me some Alien targets I think.:D

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

This just showed up. I LOVE IT!!! It's nice and heavy. The brown looks pretty darn good in person. Looks green doesn't it?

1639377956_PulseRifle.jpg.5498c3e5ea6af16601870ab16acdb49b.jpg

Pretty sweet.  A while back I opted for an airsoft replica of the pulse rifle.  A decent enough facsimile for me at a reasonable price and it can shoot BBs.:good:

4 hours ago, sharky said:

Pretty sweet.  A while back I opted for an airsoft replica of the pulse rifle.  A decent enough facsimile for me at a reasonable price and it can shoot BBs.:good:

Pew pew!!!:D

I know I'm mixing "metaphors" here. Looks good for now. Also, ignore the bad paint behind the cab. That whole wall is getting re-done soon. Waiting on a custom desk I'm having built..........so I have more room for cabinets!

Aliens.jpg.030c363ef6b1342de1819fc966c9d44f.jpg