The two wheel thread

We've got a car thread but I've never seen a bike thread. I'll take ten lashes with a stirred up frilled neck lizard if I'm wrong :p so I'll get the ball rolling.

Here's a few shots of my collection.

1st off my Bonneville. Absolute joy to ride. The best bike in the stable :wub: .

Custom plate to top it off.

Next is the Harley that's not really a Harley (at least that's what the purists say) a V-Rod Night Rod.

This one has the brakes to match the go, Brembo as opposed to Harley. Can give a lot of jap bikes a scare in a straight line but don't throw too many tight corners at it although I did manage to wear out the Dunlop logos on the outside edge of the last rear tyre.

Another custom plate

Next is a Harley (real one this time) 07 Dyna FXD. An absolute pig of a bike :angry: . Hated every km I put on it. It's a 300kg slug that handles like an aircraft carrier. I had a Dyna when they first came out 20+ years ago and I wish I'd never gotten rid of it, so much for progress.

The Dyna just recently made way for a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 custom. I wanted a soft tail chopper looking bike but I didn't want another Harley. Had enough of American iron, it ain't all it's cracked up to be. Haven't had this very long and it definately needs a decent run in period but it is getting better every time I ride it.

Don't have a custom plate for this one yet but the nerd in me is thinking something along the lines of SPOCK 3 :unsure:

I'm sure there are a few more bikers on the site so lets see your pride & joy.

Here are some crummy cell-phone pics of my stable. I'll take better ones as soon as it gets sunny out.

Not a big stable, but it promises to keep growing.

First we have my 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1, Raven edition. Love this baby, just wish I had opportunities to put her to work at her full potential a bit.

Next to her is our 1987 Yamaha SRX 250. I say our because I bought this for my son (14) and I to fix up together. She was a bit of a junker, but we've pretty much collected all the parts we need off of eBay and our goal is to get her up and running and on the road by the time he's 16 and then he can learn to ride on her.

Finally we have the 2004 Yamaha Virago (V-Star) XV250 that I bought for my girlfriend last summer. Fun little thing, and made me appreciate the relaxed-sort of watching the world around you as you ride that you can do on a cruiser, but the few times I've ridden her (the bike, not my gf) I swear I look like one of those big bears at the circus that rides around on the little tricycle.

Someday I hope to have an MT-01, but that would require importing.

post-7028-1241190721_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1241190727_thumb.jpg

Virago's are nice but you really need to get a bigger one (750? not sure, haven't kept up with them) to cure the Shetland pony look, as the 250 is really only a learners or around town bike.

Hmm, it would appear that MW bikers are a shy lot.

Maybe they don't want their macho image tainted by being linked with anime & transforming toy planes :o

Virago's are nice but you really need to get a bigger one (750? not sure, haven't kept up with them) to cure the Shetland pony look, as the 250 is really only a learners or around town bike.

Hmm, it would appear that MW bikers are a shy lot.

Maybe they don't want their macho image tainted by being linked with anime & transforming toy planes :o

I'd probably do the new 950 if it was me, but the 250 is for my gf, who is pretty tiny.

That's some pretty out there designs they've got. The last one's rear suspension looks a bit like something Ducati tried a while back.

Wonder if they come with a supply of pile cream :blink: By the looks of those seats one ride to the shops and you'll feel like you've been the star attraction at the Blue Oyster Bar :o

That's some pretty out there designs they've got. The last one's rear suspension looks a bit like something Ducati tried a while back.

Wonder if they come with a supply of pile cream :blink: By the looks of those seats one ride to the shops and you'll feel like you've been the star attraction at the Blue Oyster Bar :o

yeah dude they have been around for a while making high end expensive bikes. one day I want to own one :D

yeah dude they have been around for a while making high end expensive bikes. one day I want to own one :D

Very expensive. Like they're new one in the Neiman Marcus catalog...

Actual performance reviews of their bikes are not bad, but not good enough to justify the price tag, at least from a functional point of view.

Seems like most people who buy them do it just to own one, not really to have a bike to put through its paces.

No other real-world riders on here?

I own a 98' two stroke Honda CR80r and a 2003 two stroke CR125r ^_^

Kept the CR80 cause it was my first bike ever!!!

Now everybody is trying to convince me to change my CR125 and get a new "four stroke", be it a CRF250, KXF250, YZF250 or wathever :wacko:

I hate the new four strokes with all my hearth, there's nothing compared to the instant gratification of the "smokey's". I do plan to buy a two stroke KTM125 SX this year.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica