Yamato 1/60 Fan Racer

wolfx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The fan racer is back!

Yamato Web shop exclusive:

PH1256537249.jpg

Writeup roughly translated:

1 / 60 Racer fans specifications Anniversary (pearl gray mold Version)

Sold in the event of summer 2009 "1 / 60 Fanresamoderukitto" but one came back as Yamato Release 1/60VF-1 Anniversary! !

Deadline: 2009/11/30 noon

Price: 3,000 yen (tax included)

$30 for another fan racer isn't too bad, esp. if it comes with a figure. But, I think my VF-1D Hikaru is just fine for this...and he's already painted.

The one we bought WAS the $30 fan racer... our price is after shipping and fees for picking it up at the convention.

Then, next year, will be the newest version that comes with unpainted Hikaru with unpainted Minmay on lap.... then the next version will be the damaged one.

After all, you might see it in toy form painted with nice box art......... :ph34r:

Hello All,

Hmmm $60 for that is not worth it. Especially since a buddy of mine designed a paper model in 1/72 scale. He's working on a larger model with full cockpit and gear. The 1/72 has gear and a stand. The gear is basic but can always be built up.

$60 vs. less than abuck for card and ink. choices choices :p

Here's a few shots of the beta build I did for him. The card I used was a tad heavy so I buffed it all down to paint it up. I've yet to start painting but this will give you the idea.

G1

post-1638-1256965663_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1256965755_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1256965836_thumb.jpg

post-1638-1256965939_thumb.jpg

Hello All,

Hmmm $60 for that is not worth it. Especially since a buddy of mine designed a paper model in 1/72 scale. He's working on a larger model with full cockpit and gear. The 1/72 has gear and a stand. The gear is basic but can always be built up.

$60 vs. less than abuck for card and ink. choices choices :p

Here's a few shots of the beta build I did for him. The card I used was a tad heavy so I buffed it all down to paint it up. I've yet to start painting but this will give you the idea.

G1

Do I have an Amen?

• 3 weeks later...

So I got the first issue white fan racer from yamato that does not come with a pilot. But now their second release, the grey plastic version looks like it comes with a nice little Hikaru in civilian flightsuit pilot figure to go in the cockpit. Of course now I want that figure. If anyone gets this second version can you PLEASE recast that pilot? Or if anyone knows of a way to get one please PM me. Thanks.

203-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If HLJ put it on backorder with a yellow square then it's a given they contacted Yamato and they should be receiving more stock. You have to be patient.

Out of stock with a grey square means no one has ordered it. The worst scenario is when they mark it as discontinued with the skull ^_^

If HLJ put it on backorder with a yellow square then it's a given they contacted Yamato and they should be receiving more stock. You have to be patient.

Out of stock with a grey square means no one has ordered it. The worst scenario is when they mark it as discontinued with the skull ^_^

I can be patient....(right now I'm repeating that to myself over and over while bobbing my head like rainman...if I say it enough it's true, right?!) :blink::wacko:

It's a great snap fit kit, some consider it to be expensive since it lacks landing gears. This kit is better than none at all, at least in my book :lol:

Paint and putty make it a nice display piece with the other 1/60 planes!!!

Yeah, I believe the Tanmen 1/72 I have has landing gear....but this looks like a nice quick addition to my other 1/60 Valks. I always liked this little bird. (Now I need to again consider a 1/60 Angel Birds though...as I think it would be neat to have them both going vertical! )

Hi everybody!

Ok... I can make an exchange between my 1/60 fan racer and one of the new ones in 1/72 scale (if I understood correctly)... No, in fact I dream about it :lol: I'm fond of 1/72 scale.

My kit is intact.

I know : crazy idea, but I had to try ^_^

I love my little fan racer. :D Shoulda taken the time to seal the seam on top, but it was too fun to build and I didn't want to wait. Guess it goes with the Yamato toys. They don't have sealed seams either. :p

post-692-1266554665_thumb.jpgpost-692-1266554853_thumb.jpgpost-692-1266554948_thumb.jpgpost-692-1266555117_thumb.jpg

Edited by Penguin

I love my little fan racer. :D Shoulda take the time to seal the seam on top, but it was too fun to build and I didn't want to wait. Guess it goes with the Yamato toys. They don't have sealed seams either. :p

post-692-1266554665_thumb.jpgpost-692-1266554853_thumb.jpgpost-692-1266554948_thumb.jpgpost-692-1266555117_thumb.jpg

Hikaru looks a little out of place amongst all those Max valks. ;)

It's a great snap fit kit, some consider it to be expensive since it lacks landing gears. This kit is better than none at all, at least in my book :lol:

Paint and putty make it a nice display piece with the other 1/60 planes!!!

No landing gear? Not even on the new one with the figure? I would it park it close to the ID in a display if it had LGears, I guess it would just have to be coming in for a landing instead.

Will wait to see what Yamato does next . . .

• 2 months later...

I hate to sound like a ho, shilling for someone, but I picked one up from Starshipmodeler a couple weeks ago and they just gut these back in stock, US based and they ship really fast. So you are looking, my expereience with them has bee nothing but positive.

With Carl Macek's passing, my Macross / Robotech interest has been piqued this month, I went back and started the series over again, seeing the Fan Racer at the beginning of the series again got me interesting in building this right away :)

I hate to sound like a ho, shilling for someone, but I picked one up from Starshipmodeler a couple weeks ago and they just gut these back in stock, US based and they ship really fast. So you are looking, my expereience with them has bee nothing but positive.

With Carl Macek's passing, my Macross / Robotech interest has been piqued this month, I went back and started the series over again, seeing the Fan Racer at the beginning of the series again got me interesting in building this right away :)

Thanks for the tip! just ordered mine! gonna be first attempt to get back into modeling in many many years! B))