Frontier characters HGIF set 2...what's your take?

regult

I just saw the latest batch of figures in a shop in Hong Kong, and I was not slightly but VERY let down!

The only figure I was interested in was Michel/Mikhail, and honestly, if it didn't say so, you'd never know from the face sculpt! The legs are attached in the most ridiculous way possible: instead of hiding the seam under the shirt (or at the waistline like in most figures), they actually made the torso with waist and trousers way down to crotch height and then inserted the rest of the legs.

Here is an image from an auction site in HK:

peter_ayr-img332x500-1239699503010-5.jpg

(EDIT: photo credit goes to account name "peter_ayr", don't know the guy, maybe picture is not even his)

Also, the "stand" (chunk of plastic to make the figure more stable) was not translucent anymore, it was actually flesh-colored! Did anybody get this figure and does not have these issues?

Edited by regult

Hopefully someday they'll make a decent Michel in SMS uniform or flightsuit, that day, I will definitely get the figure to pair him with macro Klan!

The problem is, has anybody heard of a "HGIF Part III" or a Macross (very expensive) characters (with exactly the same features except their heads are on ball joints) part II?? I am afraid there won't be any of these figures for a while :angry:

I have this set and yes Michel/Mikhail is far the worst figure in this set. Alto looks ok but we already have a alto need different characters, where's my grace figure? Only 2 worth getting is ranka and sheryl you can put them together to make it look like the CD cover. The new stands do look horrible wish they stuck with the clear stand.

I have this set and yes Michel/Mikhail is far the worst figure in this set. Alto looks ok but we already have a alto need different characters, where's my grace figure? Only 2 worth getting is ranka and sheryl you can put them together to make it look like the CD cover. The new stands do look horrible wish they stuck with the clear stand.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that Michel is (...)

I am not sure I want any more Ranka+Sheryl, but they're the main female characters so I don't expect them to disappear in future sets, unfortunately. I just hope someday we get the other characters, and I do want the SMS squad in uniforms or flight suits!

Grace with her manager suit or in flight suit showing off her nightmares and despairs?

"new stands" you say? I wish they did give us real "stands" (there are so many gashapon with decent stands these days!) and not chunks of "leg huggers" :p

I am not sure I want any more Ranka+Sheryl, but they're the main female characters so I don't expect them to disappear in future sets, unfortunately. I just hope someday we get the other characters, and I do want the SMS squad in uniforms or flight suits!

Grace with her manager suit or in flight suit showing off her nightmares and despairs?

"new stands" you say? I wish they did give us real "stands" (there are so many gashapon with decent stands these days!) and not chunks of "leg huggers" :p

So true they need real "stands", but hey it's only HG figures so you can do so much.

With a horde of beholders, I believe not a single eye will be satisifed with this Michael.

Leg huggers are okay for me, like the transparent one in part 1. Why this flesh color in part 2? Cheaper?

I also wish they would do more characters, especially Ozma. I passed on set 2. Didn't really want or need more Altos, Sheryls or Rankas.

The standing school uniform Alto and Alto in SMS fatigues is plenty already. Really didn't want a sitting Alto in school uniform.

In fact the only figure I really wanted from set 2 was Michael, just a pity the sculpt is so bad.

Graham

Poor Michel/Mikhail/Michael, he had to die in front of the love of his life, powerless Klan in a glass tube to become this piece of gashapon nobody wants... :unsure:

I suggest (wild dream) set HGIF set III (or the boxed expensive set):

1) Ozma in SMS fatigues

2) Michel in SMS fatigues

3) Cathy in NUNS uniform (did she wear anything other than that?)

4) Nanase in school uniform with Aikun in larva form

alternatives:

5) Bobby in SMS uniform

6) Grace showing off her nightmares and despairs (scene before jumping into VF-27, 1 second screen time, eternally remembered)

7) Grace in manager suit

8) Capitain Wilder!!!!

(forget Luca, I am fine with him sitting inside the cockpit of the 1/72 model or the 1/60 DX...)

To me, I always NEED the whole squad.

Give me Ozma, Michael and Luca in their pilot suit or SMS jackets. I don't need more school uniforms. Boring.

And then I want to have their girls too, namely Cathy, Klan Klan micron and Nanase.

There are other characters I would like to have, but I can die peacefully with the above.

P.S. I still want the Kakizaki figure.

What??? you mean the guy who never ate his steak and got killed? that's a long wait for sure.

You're SOOO right about micron Klan, how could I have forgot about that!

If there is ever a "Fire Valkyrie", Kakizaki is the man to pilot it!